Kraft Foods

3.2

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Kraft Foods in April 2014.

I had uploaded my resume into Kraft's system and was contacted by an internal recruiter. I had a 20 minute phone call with the Kraft recruiter, followed by a call with the hiring manager, and an on-site interview with about 7 different people. All questions were behavioral and each person was given a scripted set of questions. As long as you have several stories from your work history- both good and bad- and can answer the questions in STAR format you will be just fine. My process took longer because I am coming from another state.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to find a new solution to an old problem.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I was happy with what I was given.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northfield, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kraft Foods.

Panel interview. Follow the STAR methodology and you are in.

Interview Questions
    • Kraft has changed their interview questions in years. Any college grad could figure it out.   Answer Question
    Men get more than womene

Business Intelligence Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kraft Foods.

Interview process was very casual. Only one face to face interview which was directly with hiring managers. Managers were very friendly gave enough time to think and respond to their questions.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in next 5 years if you decide to stay at Kraft?   View Answer
    Very little room for negotiation.

Senior Process and Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kraft Foods in March 2014.

i applied through linkedin. i was contacted by a recruiter with an extremely annoying voice. she spoke extremely slow. and did i mention she was annoying? anyway, i made it through the interview but she did mention my salary was rather high.
    i was extremely surprised (as was she, apparently by the tone of her voice) when i was passed on to the next step which was speaking with the hiring manager. i nailed that part of the interview too, so i was on a plane out to the corporate headquarters which, upon arriving, was a deliberate and blatant attempt to mimic googles campus..
      kraft currently is a disorganized mess. the HR folks didnt even know my hiring manager was a female and she had the audacity to argue with me about it until the she (the hiring manager) literally walked in! i this pretty much was the tone of the whole interview. people were ridiculously late, disorganized etc. i could go on and on. you can tell they are under a major company reorganization. i dont know who or what locations the current employees are at who are giving this place a "thumbs up." it is complete chaos. another thing they dont tell you. they reimburse your cash expenses with CREDIT. that's right, CREDIT. they give you credit cards. they fail to mention that up front.
    i still havent heard from them. either way its been two weeks so im going to say that i didnt make the cut. oh, i forget to mention that the final interview with the corporate HR went tike this "..OH MY. your salary is really high!" you flew me all the way out here and just now are realizing this? like i said, a complete train wreck.

Interview Questions
    • none really. pretty much your typical behaviourlly based questions   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kraft Foods in October 2013.

On-Campus recruiting, met with recruiters at Marketing/Management Career Fair and through organizations on campus. Submitted resume and selected for a first round interview (there is only one interview for the Internship position). The conversation was very low-key, and they really want to know why you are interested in sales, why company culture is important to you, and what you can bring to the company. Interview was only thirty minutes long.

Interview Questions
    • The fact that the interview was vague in general threw me off the most - I wasn't sure if I was doing well or not!   Answer Question

Culinary Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kraft Foods in August 2013.

I had four interviews. All friendly and sociable but informative. Great staff here. Interviewers were not in the least bit intimidating and I could tell they love working here. Staff was very welcoming and admired my personal work experience. Questions were very relevant to the job specifications.The overall process started with a recruiter and then to managers and department director.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Standard questions about background and work experience.   Answer Question
    They're tough cookies here. I didn't quite get the salary I was looking for but working here in this environment is worth it.

Customer Resource Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northfield, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kraft Foods in May 2013.

Start with a 30 minute phone call. I interviewed with four different people in one day. All very nice and down to earth.

Interview Questions
    • Provide example of difficult experience in current position. Provide examples of projects that worked out well and some that didn't.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northfield, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kraft Foods in September 2012.

All behavioral based interview questions. They rarely deviate from the process. Make sure you have a story for every "Tell me a time..." The selection process is very difficult as well because they still get a lot of applicants. It's better to know or network with someone from the inside.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are already pre-determined and used by all the interviewers. Behavioral based is hard because you sometimes don't get to show who you really are versus just trying to answer the question. I personally am not programmed that way.   Answer Question
    No real negotiations as all positions are already rated within their respective salary bands. They almost always bring people in at the lower end.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Kraft Foods in August 2012.

I applied for the associate director role online and received an e-mail from HR request an hour-long phone interview. We set up the interview for a week later.

She called me 15 minutes early - I didn't realize she had called because I was finishing up breakfast to get ready for an 8am call. I checked my messages at 8:05am and she'd left a very rude message at 7:45 (15 minutes before our scheduled interview time) stating that she was very busy and didn't have time to chase me down. HUH???

I called her back, but didn't get a response despite us having the time blocked for the interview. I also e-mailed her three times and NEVER got a response back.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northfield, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kraft Foods in July 2012.

They flew me twice to interview in their Northfield facility near Chicago. Process was great, mostly coordinated through their head hunter agency. Very down to earth, respectful F&A senior people interviewed me (5 total including hiring manager). They seemed to really now their business and what they were looking for in the hiring process, and treated me with respect and answered all my questions thoroughly. The interview process went really well.

Interview Questions
    • As is usual now you need to be able to back any assertion you make with real experience examples so be prepared for that.   Answer Question

Cost of living is higher than where I live right now. I was also looking for a role where I could lead a team. Health and relocation benefits were also not there. The Company is great though and the people I met seemed to really know what they were doing and looking for. I would have loved to work there if the conditions were right.