Kraft Foods Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Aug 18, 2015

3.1

Packaging Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kraft Foods (Glenview, IL).

Interview

Phone interview, progressing to onsight. There was some typical problem solving questions relating to packaging issues. There were also questions relating to previous work experiences, to see if you can relate to current business practices.

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kraft Foods (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Individual panel interviews with peers and managers. Format is standard questions from a variety of topics looking for STAR Situation Tactic Action Result response. Answers are graded by aligning answer to question and response format.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to get a peer to perform a task they did not want to do?   Answer Question

Validation Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kraft Foods (Glenview, IL).

Interview

About my validation experience with food products. What they were looking for Con: I nearly left because the interview manager had some mix up and I was there for one hour waiting for her. If the interview had went slightly south, then I would have bolted out. Very unprofessional that you can't keep an appointment

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much since pay was in ballpark range

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kraft Foods (Glenview, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Straight forward. If the manager like you, you are in. There was a phone screen and it was followed by a half hour interview with two people. The start up date was messed up but I guess that is kraft. The company needs to be more efficient

Interview Questions

• How to deal with different people in a team? Strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They came up with a good offer.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Kraft Foods (Glenview, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

I had uploaded my resume into Kraft's system and was contacted by an internal recruiter. I had a 20 minute phone call with the Kraft recruiter, followed by a call with the hiring manager, and an on-site interview with about 7 different people. All questions were behavioral and each person was given a scripted set of questions. As long as you have several stories from your work history- both good and bad- and can answer the questions in STAR format you will be just fine. My process took longer because I am coming from another state.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to find a new solution to an old problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was happy with what I was given.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northfield, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kraft Foods (Northfield, IL).

Interview

Panel interview. Follow the STAR methodology and you are in.

Interview Questions

• Kraft has changed their interview questions in years. Any college grad could figure it out.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Men get more than womene

Senior Process and Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kraft Foods (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

i applied through linkedin. i was contacted by a recruiter with an extremely annoying voice. she spoke extremely slow. and did i mention she was annoying? anyway, i made it through the interview but she did mention my salary was rather high. i was extremely surprised (as was she, apparently by the tone of her voice) when i was passed on to the next step which was speaking with the hiring manager. i nailed that part of the interview too, so i was on a plane out to the corporate headquarters which, upon arriving, was a deliberate and blatant attempt to mimic googles campus.. kraft currently is a disorganized mess. the HR folks didnt even know my hiring manager was a female and she had the audacity to argue with me about it until the she (the hiring manager) literally walked in! i this pretty much was the tone of the whole interview. people were ridiculously late, disorganized etc. i could go on and on. you can tell they are under a major company reorganization. i dont know who or what locations the current employees are at who are giving this place a "thumbs up." it is complete chaos. another thing they dont tell you. they reimburse your cash expenses with CREDIT. that's right, CREDIT. they give you credit cards. they fail to mention that up front. i still havent heard from them. either way its been two weeks so im going to say that i didnt make the cut. oh, i forget to mention that the final interview with the corporate HR went tike this "..OH MY. your salary is really high!" you flew me all the way out here and just now are realizing this? like i said, a complete train wreck.

Interview Questions

• none really. pretty much your typical behaviourlly based questions   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kraft Foods (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview process was very casual. Only one face to face interview which was directly with hiring managers. Managers were very friendly gave enough time to think and respond to their questions.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in next 5 years if you decide to stay at Kraft?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiation.

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kraft Foods (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Face to face with panel. Questions rotated among interviewers. One hour process. The interviewers asked the typical questions that were not necessarily specific role but generic in nature. How would handle x? What drives you? What are your strengths? Etc.

Interview Questions

• How did you solve a problem between co-workers?   1 Answer

Summer Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kraft Foods (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview was at a business school recruiting center and not the typical interview process. The process was fairly quick because many people interviewed one after the other. I know some people were wait listed and then later heard if they had been accepted or not. The internship was the true interview in the end.