Kraft Foods

Relevance Date Difficulty

Scientist Interview

Scientist
Glenview, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Kraft Foods in April 2014.

Interview Details – I had uploaded my resume into Kraft's system and was contacted by an internal recruiter. I had a 20 minute phone call with the Kraft recruiter, followed by a call with the hiring manager, and an on-site interview with about 7 different people. All questions were behavioral and each person was given a scripted set of questions. As long as you have several stories from your work history- both good and bad- and can answer the questions in STAR format you will be just fine. My process took longer because I am coming from another state.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to find a new solution to an old problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I was happy with what I was given.

Customer Resource Manager Interview

Customer Resource Manager
Northfield, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kraft Foods in May 2013.

Interview Details – Start with a 30 minute phone call. I interviewed with four different people in one day. All very nice and down to earth.

Interview Question – Provide example of difficult experience in current position. Provide examples of projects that worked out well and some that didn't.   Answer Question

Senior Process and Development Engineer Interview

Senior Process and Development Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kraft Foods in March 2014.

Interview Details – i applied through linkedin. i was contacted by a recruiter with an extremely annoying voice. she spoke extremely slow. and did i mention she was annoying? anyway, i made it through the interview but she did mention my salary was rather high.
i was extremely surprised (as was she, apparently by the tone of her voice) when i was passed on to the next step which was speaking with the hiring manager. i nailed that part of the interview too, so i was on a plane out to the corporate headquarters which, upon arriving, was a deliberate and blatant attempt to mimic googles campus..
  kraft currently is a disorganized mess. the HR folks didnt even know my hiring manager was a female and she had the audacity to argue with me about it until the she (the hiring manager) literally walked in! i this pretty much was the tone of the whole interview. people were ridiculously late, disorganized etc. i could go on and on. you can tell they are under a major company reorganization. i dont know who or what locations the current employees are at who are giving this place a "thumbs up." it is complete chaos. another thing they dont tell you. they reimburse your cash expenses with CREDIT. that's right, CREDIT. they give you credit cards. they fail to mention that up front.
i still havent heard from them. either way its been two weeks so im going to say that i didnt make the cut. oh, i forget to mention that the final interview with the corporate HR went tike this "..OH MY. your salary is really high!" you flew me all the way out here and just now are realizing this? like i said, a complete train wreck.

Interview Question – none really. pretty much your typical behaviourlly based questions   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Northfield, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kraft Foods.

Interview Details – Panel interview. Follow the STAR methodology and you are in.

Interview Question – Kraft has changed their interview questions in years. Any college grad could figure it out.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Men get more than womene

Business Intelligence Specialist Interview

Business Intelligence Specialist
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kraft Foods.

Interview Details – Interview process was very casual. Only one face to face interview which was directly with hiring managers. Managers were very friendly gave enough time to think and respond to their questions.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in next 5 years if you decide to stay at Kraft?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very little room for negotiation.

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Northfield, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Kraft Foods in May 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process is initiated by the potential hiring manager. Generally 3 to 4 rounds of interviews will be conducted. Peer , manager and senior manager level people will participate in the interviews. Bonus is fixed for each grade. Tuition reimbursement from previous employer and sign on bonus can be negotiated.

Interview Question – Reason for changing job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated to pay tuition reimbursement to my previous employer.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Northfield, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Kraft Foods in July 2012.

Interview Details – They flew me twice to interview in their Northfield facility near Chicago. Process was great, mostly coordinated through their head hunter agency. Very down to earth, respectful F&A senior people interviewed me (5 total including hiring manager). They seemed to really now their business and what they were looking for in the hiring process, and treated me with respect and answered all my questions thoroughly. The interview process went really well.

Interview Question – As is usual now you need to be able to back any assertion you make with real experience examples so be prepared for that.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Cost of living is higher than where I live right now. I was also looking for a role where I could lead a team. Health and relocation benefits were also not there. The Company is great though and the people I met seemed to really know what they were doing and looking for. I would have loved to work there if the conditions were right.

Trademark Legal Assistant Interview

Trademark Legal Assistant
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kraft Foods in April 2009.

Interview Details – I was invited to join the trademark department while I was completing my master's degree. The interview was cordial and brief, focused on my past experience and job expectations.

Negotiation Details – Being new to the country, I did not have past stateside work experience per se to give me leverage. The amount they offered me seemed fair for the level I am starting in.

Culinary Associate Manager Interview

Culinary Associate Manager
Glenview, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kraft Foods in August 2013.

Interview Details – I had four interviews. All friendly and sociable but informative. Great staff here. Interviewers were not in the least bit intimidating and I could tell they love working here. Staff was very welcoming and admired my personal work experience. Questions were very relevant to the job specifications.The overall process started with a recruiter and then to managers and department director.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. Standard questions about background and work experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They're tough cookies here. I didn't quite get the salary I was looking for but working here in this environment is worth it.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Northfield, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kraft Foods in October 2009.

Interview Details – Three interviews in one day followed by offer shortly.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in Kraft?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Llittle room for negotiation.

Worked for Kraft Foods? Contribute to the Community!