Kraft Foods

Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

Interviewed at Kraft Foods

Interview Details – Applied online. Typical beaucratic process. Was very difficult to get ahold of them after the interview. They were very stand offish. Eventually, much to my surprise, I had heard nothing from them after waiting for a very long time. I would not really recommend them becaause it was difficult to get ahold of contacts and they were unreliable in the process.

Interview Question – extremely detailed questions about weaknesses   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kraft Foods in January 2013.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by an internal recruiter who found me via LinkedIn. He described the open position and why he believed I was a fit. Second discussion was with an internal HR person, who wanted to understand a little more about my background and if I would be a fit for the open position. He in turn set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. The HM was pretty curt and sounded as he did not want to go through with the interview from the very beginning. Addressed my questions as closed-end answers. Very contentious interview, totally turned me off. My intuition made me believe I was simply being used to fulfill their EEOC requirements.

Customer Business Analyst Intern Interview

Customer Business Analyst Intern

Interviewed at Kraft Foods

Interview Details – Had 2 Interviews. The first was very relaxed and they just asked me a few questions about my resume things I had done etc. I was then taken to final round where I had 2 2:1 interviews that were each an hour long. Used the STAR method, they really wanted to see if you did your research on the company (why Kraft?), and how you improved a business process at your last job. The people at Kraft were very relaxed and it seemed like a great place to work which is why I decided to accept

Interview Question – What was a process you invented that improved your last employer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None,

Maintenance and Engineering Manager Interview

Maintenance and Engineering Manager
Garland, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kraft Foods in January 2013.

Interview Details – Had five interviews at the plant including CI manager, production supervisor, HR manager, plant manager, and engineer then followed up with a plant tour. The following two weeks I had phone interviews with the operations manger and director of engineering. The questions were nearly 100% behavioral from a set of standard questions and most of the same questions were asked in each interview. They wanted answers in STAR format. It was a disappointment that the interviewers could not get together before the process and break the questions up so I did not have to answer the same 3 questions. Pretty ineffective method to get a feel for a candidate.

Interview Question – Operations really wanted to know how I discipline people. Not how I problem solve, build teams, get the most out my people...nope, just about discipline. After spending too much time on the topic, I knew I would not fit within their culture.   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Production Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Kraft Foods.

Interview Details – Very nice people to interview with! Had three separate interviews with people in different departments. Use the STAR method when answering behavior based questions. Use relevant job experience.

Interview Question – When have you gone above and beyond in order to get the job done?
When did you not meet a goal that you set for yourself?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was very thrilled with the salary they provided. No negotiation

Packaging Co-op Interview

Packaging Co-op
Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kraft Foods in October 2012.

Interview Details – Kraft sent a flyer to the students of my University and it seems that anyone who showed interest was offered an interview. The interview was a normal behavioral interview (tell me a time when...). The interviewer were nice and the interview itself was pleasant. The day after, they had a dinner for all of their interviewees where we were put into groups with students who had worked with Kraft before, and also got to speak with the interviewers again.

Interview Question – There weren't really any difficult or unexpected questions. One of the questions I got was: "Tell me about a time when you were working with a group and you disagreed with someone"   Answer Question

Senior Associate Brand Manager Interview

Senior Associate Brand Manager
Glenview, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kraft Foods in February 2012.

Interview Details – My first interview was a conversation with HR, followed by a phone screen with a Sr. Brand Manager, followed by a day onsite where I had three interviews. Each of those live interviews was with two people, either Brand Managers or Sr. Brand Managers. Interviews were split evenly between situational questions (Tell me about a time..) and case questions. After I got the job offer, there were standard background checks and then a drug screen. The drug screen was the only part of the process I really disliked. I'm used to urine tests, but this was a hair drug screen, where they literally cut out chunks of my hair. I understand the need to screen out drug users, but this felt extremely invasive.

Interview Question – You are the brand manager of X. What would you do to increase sales of this brand?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Laboratory Analyst II Interview

Laboratory Analyst II
Champaign, IL

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Kraft Foods.

Interview Details – 1 Interview with 3 people. Behavioral base questions.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations because all part time employees start off at $12.50 per hour. After 1 year it's $13.50 per hour. 32 hours per week is the required hours. FYI: It's very hard to become full time.

Intern Interview

Intern
Tulsa, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kraft Foods in November 2009.

Interview Details – I initially applied for this position through a college recruiter at my local university. Within one day I received an email from a member of management wanting to setup an interview. The interview took place within the next couple of days and they asked mostly your standard interview questions. They were very detailed when telling me about what the position is and what the responsibilities for the position are as well. At the end of the interview they stated that they would have another round of interviews at a later date once they narrowed their selection.

Interview Question – One thing that I thought was strange was they really emphasized a drug-free workplace and in fact asked me twice if I had a problem submitting a hair folicle sample for their drug testing procedures.   View Answer

Purchasing - Category Manager Interview

Purchasing - Category Manager
Northfield, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kraft Foods in October 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online for the position, recieved an email from thier talent aquisition group to schedule a phone interview. Had a pleasant conversation in which she went over background and asked for examples relevant to the position. Was eventually brought in for an onsite interview. Interview was a half day, I first met with the hiring manager who was rather cold. He asked me several behavioral questions, many of which were redundant. I next interviewed with a Purchasing Director, and then the VP of Indirect Purchasing. The Director was very pleasant and professional, and focused more on my background than ridiculous behavioral questions. The VP on the other hand was rather eccentric and arrogant, but was direct and asked some straightforward questions about the value I could bring to the company. I finally interviewed with another manager who took me out for lunch. In the end, it turns out that the position I applied for was beneath me and I did not get a good vibe about the culture of the company during my visit. They seemed rather disconnected from each other and disorganized. I asked to pulled out of the interview process for this position.

Interview Question – When have you had to make friends with an enemy?   Answer Question