Kraft Foods

Updated Jan 29, 2015

Customer Resource Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northfield, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Northfield, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kraft Foods in May 2013.

Start with a 30 minute phone call. I interviewed with four different people in one day. All very nice and down to earth.

Interview Questions
    • Provide example of difficult experience in current position. Provide examples of projects that worked out well and some that didn't.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Applied online. Typical beaucratic process. Was very difficult to get ahold of them after the interview. They were very stand offish. Eventually, much to my surprise, I had heard nothing from them after waiting for a very long time. I would not really recommend them becaause it was difficult to get ahold of contacts and they were unreliable in the process.

Customer Business Analyst Intern Interview

Had 2 Interviews. The first was very relaxed and they just asked me a few questions about my resume things I had done etc. I was then taken to final round where I had 2 2:1 interviews that were each an hour long. Used the STAR method, they really wanted to see if you did your research on the company (why Kraft?), and how you improved a business process at your last job. The people at Kraft were very relaxed and it seemed like a great place to work which is why I decided to accept

Interview Questions
    • What was a process you invented that improved your last employer?   Answer Question
    None,

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kraft Foods in April 2013.

Initially had a phone interview then set up an in-person interview at the site- it was a group type interview..you did a production facility tour and then you had to move room to room talking to a variety of individuals that worked there. I thought it went very well, but I never heard anything later.

Interview Questions
    • There are COUNTLESS questions regarding situational circumstances- what would you do if your supervisor told you X and you had a deadline, etc. etc.? It got a bit repetitive, but be ready for lots of what would you do type scenarios.   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Kraft Foods.

Very nice people to interview with! Had three separate interviews with people in different departments. Use the STAR method when answering behavior based questions. Use relevant job experience.

Interview Questions
    • When have you gone above and beyond in order to get the job done?
      When did you not meet a goal that you set for yourself?

Answer Question
    I was very thrilled with the salary they provided. No negotiation

Laboratory Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Kraft Foods.

1 Interview with 3 people. Behavioral base questions.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations because all part time employees start off at $12.50 per hour. After 1 year it's $13.50 per hour. 32 hours per week is the required hours. FYI: It's very hard to become full time.

Marketing Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kraft Foods in January 2013.

I was initially contacted by an internal recruiter who found me via LinkedIn. He described the open position and why he believed I was a fit. Second discussion was with an internal HR person, who wanted to understand a little more about my background and if I would be a fit for the open position. He in turn set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. The HM was pretty curt and sounded as he did not want to go through with the interview from the very beginning. Addressed my questions as closed-end answers. Very contentious interview, totally turned me off. My intuition made me believe I was simply being used to fulfill their EEOC requirements.

Maintenance and Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kraft Foods in January 2013.

Had five interviews at the plant including CI manager, production supervisor, HR manager, plant manager, and engineer then followed up with a plant tour. The following two weeks I had phone interviews with the operations manger and director of engineering. The questions were nearly 100% behavioral from a set of standard questions and most of the same questions were asked in each interview. They wanted answers in STAR format. It was a disappointment that the interviewers could not get together before the process and break the questions up so I did not have to answer the same 3 questions. Pretty ineffective method to get a feel for a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Operations really wanted to know how I discipline people. Not how I problem solve, build teams, get the most out my people...nope, just about discipline. After spending too much time on the topic, I knew I would not fit within their culture.   Answer Question

Processing/Class B Labor Pool Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wausau, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wausau, WI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kraft Foods in January 2013.

Submiited app/resume through Kraft careers website. One informal phone interview with HR rep. Invited back for interview about two weeks later. Panel interview with 5 department leads and HR rep. Waited about a week, accepted conditional email job offer and confirmed with HR rep.
    Approx. 1-2 weeks for reference/background check. Started orientation about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • What would be an example that you have done to improve a process or helped in making a drastic improvement.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Kraft Foods in November 2012.

I applied for the position through my University's career services page. Was contacted a few days later from an HR rep asking if I could come do an onsite interview. After the interview date was set (approx. 2 weeks after I was first emailed), I was sent a schedule for my entire day. I met with three different personell. FIrst, I met with a Business Unit Manager, then with a Manufacturing Manager, and finally with the HR rep who emailed me initially. In every interview I was asked at least 3 different behavioral based questions. After the first interview I was taken on a plant tour. Two weeks after the interview I received a called from a new HR rep saying that they would like to extend an offer.

I was warned up front that the Davenport plant is typically a non-ideal starting place but Kraft offers numerous career opportunities after your time as a production supervisor is fulfilled. The main reason I accepted was because, for me, the future opportunities Kraft offers far outweighed offers I received elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you worked with difficult people, etc.   Answer Question
    Offer was non negotiable but Kraft offers a full benefits package and the salary was competitive with other offers I received.