Kraft Foods Interview Questions

Updated Oct 6, 2014

Maintenance and Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kraft Foods in January 2013.

Had five interviews at the plant including CI manager, production supervisor, HR manager, plant manager, and engineer then followed up with a plant tour. The following two weeks I had phone interviews with the operations manger and director of engineering. The questions were nearly 100% behavioral from a set of standard questions and most of the same questions were asked in each interview. They wanted answers in STAR format. It was a disappointment that the interviewers could not get together before the process and break the questions up so I did not have to answer the same 3 questions. Pretty ineffective method to get a feel for a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Operations really wanted to know how I discipline people. Not how I problem solve, build teams, get the most out my people...nope, just about discipline. After spending too much time on the topic, I knew I would not fit within their culture.   Answer Question

Processing/Class B Labor Pool Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wausau, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wausau, WI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kraft Foods in January 2013.

Submiited app/resume through Kraft careers website. One informal phone interview with HR rep. Invited back for interview about two weeks later. Panel interview with 5 department leads and HR rep. Waited about a week, accepted conditional email job offer and confirmed with HR rep.
    Approx. 1-2 weeks for reference/background check. Started orientation about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • What would be an example that you have done to improve a process or helped in making a drastic improvement.   View Answer

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Kraft Foods in November 2012.

I applied for the position through my University's career services page. Was contacted a few days later from an HR rep asking if I could come do an onsite interview. After the interview date was set (approx. 2 weeks after I was first emailed), I was sent a schedule for my entire day. I met with three different personell. FIrst, I met with a Business Unit Manager, then with a Manufacturing Manager, and finally with the HR rep who emailed me initially. In every interview I was asked at least 3 different behavioral based questions. After the first interview I was taken on a plant tour. Two weeks after the interview I received a called from a new HR rep saying that they would like to extend an offer.

I was warned up front that the Davenport plant is typically a non-ideal starting place but Kraft offers numerous career opportunities after your time as a production supervisor is fulfilled. The main reason I accepted was because, for me, the future opportunities Kraft offers far outweighed offers I received elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you worked with difficult people, etc.   Answer Question
    Offer was non negotiable but Kraft offers a full benefits package and the salary was competitive with other offers I received.

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kraft Foods in November 2012.

Saw opening online, applied online. got an email within a week. went onsite for a one day interview. met with 3 different managers and took a plant tour.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared for a lot of open ended behavioral based questions, "tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer, work as a team, etc."   Answer Question

Packaging Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kraft Foods in October 2012.

Kraft sent a flyer to the students of my University and it seems that anyone who showed interest was offered an interview. The interview was a normal behavioral interview (tell me a time when...). The interviewer were nice and the interview itself was pleasant. The day after, they had a dinner for all of their interviewees where we were put into groups with students who had worked with Kraft before, and also got to speak with the interviewers again.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any difficult or unexpected questions. One of the questions I got was: "Tell me about a time when you were working with a group and you disagreed with someone"   Answer Question

Maintenance Facilitator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kraft Foods in September 2012.

Had initial interview which where I was asked mostly standard interview questions and a couple of behavioral questions. Second interview went well. Had a tour of the facility and then off to three panel interviews. All questions were behavioral and each group seemed to have the same set of questions. The interviewers were friendly and professional and very helpful.

Interview Questions
    • No really off-the-wall or difficult questions. Pretty standard behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Kraft Foods in August 2012.

I applied for the associate director role online and received an e-mail from HR request an hour-long phone interview. We set up the interview for a week later.

She called me 15 minutes early - I didn't realize she had called because I was finishing up breakfast to get ready for an 8am call. I checked my messages at 8:05am and she'd left a very rude message at 7:45 (15 minutes before our scheduled interview time) stating that she was very busy and didn't have time to chase me down. HUH???

I called her back, but didn't get a response despite us having the time blocked for the interview. I also e-mailed her three times and NEVER got a response back.

Food Services Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kraft Foods in August 2012.

This is a position not really represented online very well. It entails the usual territory sales rep position with a car, home office, and all that - but the twist is rather than being in a retail setting, you meet with owners of restaurants, chefs & cooks in restaurants, prisons, schools, cafeterias, and so on and get them to buy bulk Kraft products. There would even be product demonstrations for these folks too. The position requires some overnights, but overall it seemed you'd be in the area near your home.

I had a phone call from a lady to schedule a first interview. It lasted 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question: I know I should've been prepared, but she asked about ME. Like, my life history. I was more prepared to discuss my sales experience.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northfield, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northfield, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kraft Foods in July 2012.

They flew me twice to interview in their Northfield facility near Chicago. Process was great, mostly coordinated through their head hunter agency. Very down to earth, respectful F&A senior people interviewed me (5 total including hiring manager). They seemed to really now their business and what they were looking for in the hiring process, and treated me with respect and answered all my questions thoroughly. The interview process went really well.

Interview Questions
    • As is usual now you need to be able to back any assertion you make with real experience examples so be prepared for that.   Answer Question

Cost of living is higher than where I live right now. I was also looking for a role where I could lead a team. Health and relocation benefits were also not there. The Company is great though and the people I met seemed to really know what they were doing and looking for. I would have loved to work there if the conditions were right.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ewing, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ewing, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kraft Foods in June 2012.

Initial phone interview/screen with the recruiter. She sent my information on to the hiring manager in NJ who set up a phone interview with a Marketing Manager. Phone interview took about 1 hour and was mostly behavioral with one case question. The case question was basically....Imagine you are an ABM for the Chips Ahoy brand. You notice sales/revenue is increasing but your total share of the cookie market is decreasing. How would you explain this apparent contradiction? I think I did okay on the behavioral questions but I bombed this case question.

Interview Questions
    • You are an ABM for Chips Ahoy. You notice that sales/revenue is up 5% compared to last year but your total share of the cookie category has declined 5%. How do you explain this apparent contradiction?   View Answers (2)