Kroger

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details – job fair at college, recruiter contacted me a week later to set up an interview. Arrived at the interview and found out it was a panel of various management personnel. very intimidating.

Interview Question – standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Middletown, KY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kroger in October 2013.

Interview Details – I walked in the door looking for a position since I was new in the area and needed something quickly. That day I was able meet with human resources and fill out paperwork before going home to fill out the online application to make things official. The woman in HR told me that with my background I looked more than qualified and that combined with personality, I was the right one to replace the existing manager that was leaving. The next day she scheduled me to begin training.

Interview Question – Honestly, there was nothing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Kroger does not negotiate regarding new hires for in-store positions. Once you are hired, the financial end can be adjusted based upon your background of three or more years experience in a related field and performance in the first two weeks.

Dayton, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kroger in June 2010.

Interview Details – Long interview process. Had 3 or more interviews with different HR people before testing (math) and offered position via mail.

Interview Question – Who is your mentor   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – n/a. they offered and i accepted

Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Kroger in October 2012.

Interview Details – I initially applied online for the assistant manager/manager in training position from careerbuilder.com. They then contacted me via phone from the secretary of the mid-south headquarters. I talked with her to schedule an interview. The interview was with the district coordinator. He explained the position and salary plus a detailed view of advancement opportunities and training schedule. He has a list of questions he went down one by one dealing with past situations and how much I was still interested in the position. They contacted me within a week for the follow-up interview. It is a panel interview with a regional coordinator asking the questions and running it. He is joined by the grocery district coordinator and two store managers who join in with bonus questions and comments. These questions are much more difficult about very specific examples with your past company. From tough questions about decisions and how you made an unpopular decision plus easier questions. It was very fair and well done great evaluation for the position I believe.

Interview Question – Explain a past unpopular decision you had to make and how you dealt with the effects of that decision.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Wichita, KS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kroger in November 2011.

Interview Details – The first thing you need to do is feel out an application located by the registers. You will then get a skills test with aninterview directly afterwards. If that is passed a ua must be taken. Very simple process.

Interview Question – Why I felt like I could be better than the next person? I hate putting myself above others.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kroger

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kroger Assistant Manager interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kroger employees and interview candidates.