Kroger

Updated Nov 25, 2014

1.3

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger in November 2014.

I applied online process took about 5 days. Received an email about the interview . Very straight forward interview they will have you fill out an availability sheet and some simple questions . We were in groups. Each person in the group stood to introduce him/herself and then read or summarized answers to four multi-part, written questions. They then had us do a advertisement skit in groups on what is our favorite thing to buy from Kroger . Very simple interview drug tests after all of this don't be nervous ,dress nicely , smile , and you'll get the job . They will also tell you on spot It you are offered or not.

Interview Questions
  • 1. What was your best job ? What appeal to you about it? What did you not like?   Answer Question
  • 2. What was the worst job you've had?Why didn't you like it ?   Answer Question
  • 3. What do you think are the most important skills for use in customer service? Describe a time you used these skills   View Answer
  • 4. What attributes or characteristics of yours do you feel you could use more development?   Answer Question
  • 5. lastly if you were in Kroger for 10 seconds what would you grab? ( this item will be used in the advertisement skit ) so be smart and goodluck :)   Answer Question
Told us all how much we would make no negotiation .

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kroger.

I applied online, Kroger contacted me the same day or the following day. I was asked to attend a group interview , which was about 30 minutes long. a manager briefed us on the company later we introduced ourselves answered 5 basic questions , took turns reading ... and that concludes the interview. your second interview consist of paperwork , online assessments/training and orientation date.

Interview Questions
    • what's your definition of customer service ?   View Answer
    no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kroger in May 2014.

I went online and filled out the applicant information, sent in my cover letter, resume and list of references. Then I took a personality/skills test online. A couple of days later, I received a phone call from my local Kroger store to set up an interview. I was sent to my regional Kroger store for a face-to-face group interview session. The recruiters there gave me some forms to fill out, asked me a few questions and I got the job. It was a great experience! Everyone there was so nice and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • I had to pick one of my favorite products in the store and show how I would sell this product to others.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kroger in August 2012.

The easiest interview I've ever had in my life. The HR asked me what my my name was, if I knew what my position meant as far as my responsibilities as a courtesy clerk, if I was interested in moving up from a courtesy clerk position, and when I could start. From there, she scheduled my drug test and my first day of work. It literally took me 2 days of working to go from a bagger to a cashier and maybe 3 months to go from a cashier to a self-checkout attendant. It took me about 6 months to be considered for a manager position but I had to reject it because I was moving to another town.

Interview Questions
    • There were literally no difficult questions. It was the easiest, most honest interview I've ever had. Maybe if I was going for a higher position there would've been more difficult questions.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a quick upgrade to a higher ranked position as a cashier to get more hours.

Bagger Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger in June 2012.

very easy and relaxed. just went up to the office and talked to the hirig manger for about 30 min and took a mouth swab drug test.

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport, KY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Kroger in July 2011.

i went into krogers for my interview i was five minutes early the HR manager was a little late but i didnt mind. she didnt ask me any questions except about some things that was on my resume. she loved me so much she offered me the postion right off. she also didnt want me to be a bagger she wanted me higher up but this being my first job i told her i would like to take it easy at first then advance up the ladder. she did the background check then but no paper work or drug test that would happen at the next interview

Interview Questions
    • how did you get a military training award   View Answer
    i was able to get hours that worked around my school

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kroger in January 2011.

I went in and they asked me some normal questions.. How long i'll be able to work, why did i wanna work there, etc. Normal stuff, then afterwards they gave a drug test, (oral drug test btw) and then background check and i was done. I ggot a call back later, and decided to decline.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

The process took a dayinterviewed at Kroger in December 2008.

Went in for the interview and was basically handed the job because they were short staffed. It helped I knew people working there. They asked you generic what would you do if this happened. You tell them a "calm response" ie. go get a manger if you have an unruly customer.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time in your life where you went above and beyond the call of duty.   Answer Question
    Just wear a nice shirt and tie and don't be nervous. You got one foot in the door with them interviewing you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwanee, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwanee, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kroger in March 2008.

The interviewer asked me what I hoped to get from the job, as well as what I was hoping to get from Kroger. THe interviewer let me know what the job would consist of and that I could change jobs after a trial period if I found that I wanted to do something else.

Interview Questions
    • What do you want to get out of this job?   View Answer
    • What do you want to do with the Kroger corporation?   View Answer

Bagger Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger.

Applied online, got a call back 5 days later. Easy interview, 5 questions, submitted to a drug tes and a criminal back ground