Kroger Bakery Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kroger (Ann Arbor, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call 4 days later. They ask a few interview questions on the phone and then they set up an in person interview with your store. It was very easy and simple questions and when I told them what hours I could work they input them in the computer to find best where to place me. I intially applied for cashier but ended up in the bakery which was perfect for me based on my available hours to work. It was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Super easy. Interviewers were very nice and chill which made me feel a lot better about the interview. I was super stressed out about the interview but there was no reason for it.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have? Describe a time you had to deal with a rude customer?   Answer Question

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger in January 2015.

Interview

After seeing a flyer in the store for a job fair, I applied for the position online. The application process was quick and consisted of filling out standard forms followed by a two part test. I then went to the job fair at the posted time and location. There were 6 other people there. The "job fair" was more like a group interview. We were each given two sheets of paper. The first one had four questions on one side. The questions were essentially what was your favorite job, what was your least favorite job, what does good customer service mean to you, and what skills do you feel that you lack. The lady who conducted the interview listened to each of us read our answers out to the group. On the other side of the first page we were asked to write down our favorite item sold in the store, and then convince her to buy it by explaining why the item is the best. On the second sheet of paper we were asked to write down our availability.
    At the end of the interview, everyone that had completed an application online was asked to take an oral drug screen and were told if they passed it and the background check they would be offered a job.

Negotiation

No negotiation, based on previous experience and region standards.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Elm, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kroger (Little Elm, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Fun and very simple, hiring manager wanted to see how you interact with other people. You pretty much participate with other people throughout the entire interview while observed you and the other people in the conference room. The team that I was on we had to sell produce to pretend customers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kroger (Sterling Heights, MI) in August 2011.

Interview

Hiring process was easy. Filled questionnaire online (one of those that asks "very likely" or "less likely" questions and then interviewed by bakery manager a few days later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jasper, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger (Jasper, GA) in June 2011.

Interview

They called me on the phone into the store office one day. They asked me some questions and I had to fill out some paper work. Then after that I had to go to the health department and give a urine sample for a drug test. That was pretty much it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kroger (Columbia, SC) in November 2010.

Interview

Talked about my availability and past experience etc. Then what position i would be in and the interviewer described some of my duties in that position. Then we went over some paperwork and did an oral drug test. No formal questions or anything.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was minimum wage, no negotiations were made.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger (Livonia, MI) in November 2010.

Interview

I applied online in late October and received a phone call to set up an interview about 2 weeks later. The interview was very easy. The interviewer asked me about my availability and previous experience. Then she described the type of work I would be doing and discussed starting pay (minimum wage). She told me that I was on "the top of her list" and said she would talk to the store manager and get back to me. A few days later, I received a phone call and a job offer. I accepted and was told to go in for a drug test and to sign some forms for the background check. 3 days later I was scheduled for orientation (paid) at another store. I did computer training on my first official day and started in the bakery the following Saturday.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult situation you've ever been faced with and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Powell, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger (Powell, OH) in October 2010.

Interview

I applied online and was called the next day and asked when I was available for an interview. I scheduled an interview for the next day. During the interview, I was asked about my involvement in school. I was not asked any tricky questions. At the end of the interview, I was offered the job, as long as I passed a drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate anything. The cost and benefits were standard based on the position and level of experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Kroger (Wichita, KS) in August 2009.

Interview

I filled out an application and scheduled an interview with the HR director. I dressed nicer than business casual with nice black slacks and shirt. I was asked a few questions mostly about customer service philosophy and availability and was given a drug test in the store that involved a swabbing of the cheek.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not negotiable.