Kroger

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Powell, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kroger in October 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called the next day and asked when I was available for an interview. I scheduled an interview for the next day. During the interview, I was asked about my involvement in school. I was not asked any tricky questions. At the end of the interview, I was offered the job, as long as I passed a drug test.

Interview Question – How involved are you in school?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate anything. The cost and benefits were standard based on the position and level of experience.

Wichita, KS

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Kroger in August 2009.

Interview Details – I filled out an application and scheduled an interview with the HR director. I dressed nicer than business casual with nice black slacks and shirt. I was asked a few questions mostly about customer service philosophy and availability and was given a drug test in the store that involved a swabbing of the cheek.

Interview Question – None of them seemed difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not negotiable.

Cincinnati, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kroger in February 2008.

Interview Details – interview was one on one with HR manager. Had worked for the company before so basically was a rehire

Negotiation Details – none

Livonia, MI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kroger in November 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online in late October and received a phone call to set up an interview about 2 weeks later. The interview was very easy. The interviewer asked me about my availability and previous experience. Then she described the type of work I would be doing and discussed starting pay (minimum wage). She told me that I was on "the top of her list" and said she would talk to the store manager and get back to me. A few days later, I received a phone call and a job offer. I accepted and was told to go in for a drug test and to sign some forms for the background check. 3 days later I was scheduled for orientation (paid) at another store. I did computer training on my first official day and started in the bakery the following Saturday.

Interview Question – What is the most difficult situation you've ever been faced with and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Very Easy Interview

Columbia, SC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kroger in November 2010.

Interview Details – Talked about my availability and past experience etc. Then what position i would be in and the interviewer described some of my duties in that position. Then we went over some paperwork and did an oral drug test. No formal questions or anything.

Interview Question – What is your availability?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was minimum wage, no negotiations were made.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kroger

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kroger Bakery Clerk interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kroger employees and interview candidates.