Kroger Cake Decorator Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2015

1.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Roswell, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

It went well until we started talking about wage compensation and hours of work per week I would receive. When they part time they mean partime 12hour minimum. That was more like the norm.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Virginia Beach, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

I answered a very vague ad from craigslist that a company (not even a store) was looking for a cake decorator. I emailed my resume and a short cover letter and they called me shortly thereafter. I brought photos of cakes I had decorated, but made it clear I had never done so in a professional or even semi-professional setting. They essentially hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my schedule and availability.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kroger (Irving, TX).

Interview

You must be able to have a creative mind. Be able take good and bad comment about you work. You must be able to lift at least 50 lb. , be able to stand cold below 30 degrees. Work with the Deli that mean cutting meat and cheese. You must be able to talk to customer in a friendly manner.

Interview Questions

• If a customer do not like the work that you may have done what do you do.   Answer Question

I't was to a Deli-Bakery Manager. I've done that don't won't to do that again. More to deal with than it was 3 years ago.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Franklin, TN) in November 2011.

Interview

10 minute interview with one of the co managers, didn't have to even decorate a cake. Being a union company, pay wasn't even negotiated because the pay scale came out of a book. If you have experience, you get a little more but not enough to survive

Cake Decorator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger in August 2010.

Interview

I was called in for an interview and was able to go in that very day. The hiring manager was very kind and informative. She answered most of my questions, not all. I took the oral drug test. They called 1 week later for me to start training.

Interview Questions

• Are you available on the weekends at all?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had to ask for the experience pay and they didn't want to acknowledge the hours I said I was available for work. Instead, they basically told me "we'll see what we can do" but won't commit to anything. I would like to have had hourly wage and availability in writing but that didn't seem to be an option.