Kroger

Getting the Interview

67 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in March 2014.

Interview Details – No questions, just a drug test and description of the job.

Reason for Declining – Other job offer

Cashier Interview

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Kroger in September 2010.

Interview Details – She asked about my experience as a cashier

Interview Question – she was interested to know if I would be full time or part time and what i thought id like about working there   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details – Simple as can be. it can barely be called an interview. You are summoned into an office with the hiring manager asked a few basic questions and given a drug test.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. I would be certain if coming to this job with experience then make sure they are aware of it.

Friendswood, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in October 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online and two weeks later I got a call from the hiring manager. I had a group interview the next night. We all had to talk about ourselves, sell our favorite product in the store to her, and take a saliva mouth swab drug test. When the test and my back ground check cleared, (about 5 days later) I got a call for computer training. I completed that and started working the next week.

Interview Question – What was something you were faced with that you chose the wrong choice instead of right?   View Answer

Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Kroger in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online for any position and I got a call back the next day. The interview took place two business days after that. It was relaxed, yet professional. The interviewer asked about 10 questions from the sheet, and a couple of her own. I let her know that I was interested in advancement within the company, and she was very happy about that and told me how she advanced herself. The workplace seemed pretty relaxed and welcoming but still professional. I was able to choose which position I wanted after she told me the positives and negatives of each I was interested in. I was called in for a drug test the day after my interview and I start working this week. Very efficient process.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you? What can you bring to Kroger?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation took place

Springfield, MO

I interviewed at Kroger in February 2011.

Interview Details – just walked in and asked for application

Interview Question – what are you bad at doing   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Spring, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in May 2013.

Interview Details – Group interview, know information about kroger's history and understand items they sale. Customer care first.

Interview Question – I had to sale a production to the interviewer with a group.   Answer Question

Fayetteville, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online about two months ago and they called for an initial interview 3 weeks ago. The first initial interview was a few questions over the phone to clarify information and just a few simple things, example being "are you still interested in working for Kroger?" After that interview I was invited to come into the store to do a face-to-face interview with a manager of the store the next week. Went in early, and the interview lasted about 5 minutes overall. Literally no questions were asked, but the application was reviewed and had a small conversation. Was actually forced to ask questions instead of being asked myself. Was basically hired after being asked when I would like to start, then told that their HR manager/secretary would give me a call in order to set up a drug test time. Exactly a week later I get a call back, from the same store but from a different number, the HR manager/secretary said that my drug test had come back clean (even though I was never contacted beforehand to go take one) and that they were doing a background check and waiting for it to come back.

Interview Question – Most companies ask you "why do you want to work for ____?" I was asked "What can Kroger do for you?" So just be prepared for a mix up of questioning.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined because of the company doing very weird things. For example, saying I cleared a drug test that I never took, and calling me using two different phone numbers.

Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details – The interview process went very smoothly. I only had on an over the phone and a one on one with the store manager. Also, a drug test was needed.

Interview Question – Tell me your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Kroger

Interview Details – This process was very straight forward. it consisted of 3 separate mini interviews then a small group interview. all in all very easy. This process was very straight forward. it consisted of 3 separate mini interviews then a small group interview. all in all very easy. This process was very straight forward. it consisted of 3 separate mini interviews then a small group interview. all in all very easy.

Interview Question – What is your expected salary   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kroger

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kroger Cashier interview questions and advice. All 67 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kroger employees and interview candidates.