Kroger Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger.

as long as you showed up on time and dont seem like too much of a screw up you have the job in the bag, when getting interviewed it was more of getting all your paperwork and drug tests done (which is a saliva test)

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger in February 2015.

I went to one of Kroger's job fairs and I waited in a hallway for about an hour (which I didn't mind since it was a job fair) before it was my turn to interview. I went up for the interview and I was asked questions about what position I was interested in and the only question I found obscure was one where they asked what my hobbies were. Apart from that, the manager interviewing me made me feel really comfortable and called exactly when she told me she would to let me know if I would get the job or not. The manager was also very accommodating with my schedule and the date I was available to start.

Interview Questions
    • What hours would you be able to work during week days?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger.

standard interview questions and applied on line They asked what my strengths and weaknesses were. They asked a couple of times about why I like Kroger and I said I like helping customers etc.

Interview Questions
    Set my availability although they did not follow through very well

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger.

I applied online and about a week later was called in for an interview. The interview process went fairly smoothly. I signed in at the table they had set up out front since and even though I was early they went ahead and did the interview. I was asked questions like what do you know about this company and why do you want to work for this company. They gave me the description of what was expected from a cashier and asked if I thought I could successfully perform the duties. I was told to expect a call soon. next day they called to schedule my drug test.

No negotiation

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kroger.

After my interview I was called and told i got the job three days later. Two weeks of training at the training center was fun. Then i went to my permanent store. The company match the hourly wage of my last job which is the rate they paid me.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time or event where you had to use excellent customer service skills to satisfy and unhappy customer.   Answer Question
    I did not need to negotiate.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kroger in October 2014.

The interview was pretty straight forward. I was ask the usual questions should as how I would react to certain situations also I was greeted very nicely they offered refreshments but they are very disorganized they lost my application and call me for another interview not knowing that I already had one and that they had offered me a job.

There wasnt one

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canal Winchester, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canal Winchester, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger.

I spoke with 3 people: hiring manager, store manager, and customer service care aka csc (boss of the cashiers, baggers, customer service helpers)

I explained to the hiring manager past work experience, skills, and community service that was presented on my resume.

Hiring manager explained job duties and expectations

Store manager also reviewed my resume and asked about some things on there, also asked me about the Kroger company.

Csc confirmed and asked about my availablity from application

Interview Questions
    • Store manager asking me about the Kroger company. I did do a little research before hand, but it did not help. The store manager worded questions in a way I did not understand.   Answer Question
    Job descriptions are accurate so make sure thats what you want to do. If not you can always talk to someone about switching job positions even to a different department or store.

You must speak up though if you feel some type of way about your job.

Cashier Interview

It was not what I expected I hope that you have better luck than I did. everything is done online. I feel that was impressionable. when did getting away from face to face meetings go away

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kroger in August 2014.

Apply Online to krogers.jobs.com , Wait for a couple of weeks , Get email for a hiring manager about group interview, usually the group interiews are like 20 people max, pass all three parts and drug test, hired

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kroger.

I had an interview with the HR at one particular store. The HR was very sweet and on the older side. Honestly the easiest interview I have ever done. Manners are huge. She was presently surprised when I shook her hand. It seemed like she already knew that she was going to hire me half-way through because the interview transitioned from interview questions to talking about what the job entailed.