Kroger Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

1.6

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

you are told to fill out two pieces of paper which contain your schedule that you'll be Available. in the other paper is a question about what is your favorite item that they sell at the store and why then you'll play a game with all the other interviewees it's like a sales pitch to get you the buy one of the items

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, two weeks later (monday) got a call for an interview on Saturday. It was a group interview 3 other people. First we did a get to know you. Then we had to choose a product and make a sales pitch. After that we were asked 2 questions, then got offered a position and took a drug test. Now im waiting for that to come back then get a date to start orientation.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you made a unpopular decision   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you were in a conflict... How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Kroger (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

About three weeks after submitting my online application, I checked my voicemail and saw that Kroger had contacted me. I called them back, and they gave me an initial phone screen, which I wasn't expecting. The questions were easy, though--nothing you wouldn't be asked in a typical face-to-face interview--so I already had answers prepared. I did well, so the person invited me to a group interview at noon the next day.

There were three other people being interviewed at the same time as me, and everyone was really friendly. I have generalized anxiety disorder but this wasn't nerve-wracking at all. First we filled out some paperwork about our availability and such. Then we were asked to give a sales pitch about one of our favorite products we buy at Kroger. We were in two-person teams for this part, but each of us got graded separately. It wasn't hard at all; I think they were mainly looking for friendliness and enthusiasm.

The only real interview question we were asked was something along the lines of "Talk about a time when you had to make an unpopular decision involving friends or coworkers." After that, we were all hired on the spot. All we had to do then was a mouth swab drug test. We were told we'd be emailed about orientation once our background check and drug test results came back.

The whole thing lasted an hour or so, but it was so laid-back and pleasant that it didn't feel nearly that long.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had to make an unpopular decision involving friends or coworkers.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kroger.

Interview

easy just asked if I could perform the job and what my avilabilty was, the manager was nice but no longer there so everyone is just rude,i wouldn't recommend this place unless u are a teen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger (North Atlanta, GA).

Interview

as long as you showed up on time and dont seem like too much of a screw up you have the job in the bag, when getting interviewed it was more of getting all your paperwork and drug tests done (which is a saliva test)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger (Shreveport, LA) in March 2015.

Interview

It took a week to call. The interview was a very easy process.They ask simple questions a. You have to advertise whatever they give you. Also the interview was in a group session.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

nothing just a job and hours i can work

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger in February 2015.

Interview

I went to one of Kroger's job fairs and I waited in a hallway for about an hour (which I didn't mind since it was a job fair) before it was my turn to interview. I went up for the interview and I was asked questions about what position I was interested in and the only question I found obscure was one where they asked what my hobbies were. Apart from that, the manager interviewing me made me feel really comfortable and called exactly when she told me she would to let me know if I would get the job or not. The manager was also very accommodating with my schedule and the date I was available to start.

Interview Questions

• What hours would you be able to work during week days?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kroger in February 2015.

Interview

ask decent questions and then get drugged tested. very simple and to the point. Asked me very basic interview questions that is commonly asked when getting a job. I was hired on the spot. I enjoyed my experience with the interview process at kroger. very simple and easy

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

standard interview questions and applied on line They asked what my strengths and weaknesses were. They asked a couple of times about why I like Kroger and I said I like helping customers etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Set my availability although they did not follow through very well

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

I applied online and about a week later was called in for an interview. The interview process went fairly smoothly. I signed in at the table they had set up out front since and even though I was early they went ahead and did the interview. I was asked questions like what do you know about this company and why do you want to work for this company. They gave me the description of what was expected from a cashier and asked if I thought I could successfully perform the duties. I was told to expect a call soon. next day they called to schedule my drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation