Kroger

Average Difficulty
75 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kroger in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was interviewed twice in three days. The questions were definitely pertinent for the job of cashier. The process was very pleasant. I was told on day four that I had been hired.

Interview Question – Dealing with unusual transactions at the cash register.   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details – I had an interview with the HR at one particular store. The HR was very sweet and on the older side. Honestly the easiest interview I have ever done. Manners are huge. She was presently surprised when I shook her hand. It seemed like she already knew that she was going to hire me half-way through because the interview transitioned from interview questions to talking about what the job entailed.

Interview Question – What would make you a good Kroger employee?   Answer Question

Suwanee, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kroger in August 2013.

Interview Details – 20 min interview, drug test by saliva, told me I would paid minimum wage, hired on the spot, negotiable hours, asked where I went to school, how long I plan on staying, and an increase in wage 50 cents every six months

Interview Question – What does kroger provide?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quick and easy

Mount Vernon, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in March 2010.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of basic questions like are you able to be here on time. It was a pretty easy interview. I got a call a couple of weeks later asking me to come in for a drug screen. It was a urine test. After a couple of days after taking that I was asked to come in for orientation. Overall, process went by pretty quickly

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Kroger?   View Answer

Interviewed at Kroger

Interview Details – Submitted an application and about 5 days later I was given a call. They asked me if I was still interested in the position, would be willing to work on weekends and weekdays and receive minimum wage. She then set up an interview.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

South Lyon, MI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kroger in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on a Sunday and got a call two days later and interviewed the day after getting the call. The lady who called me was also the one who interviewed me. My interview was easy and went by very quick. She looked over my application then asked me about my availability. After that, she told me that they do a mandatory drug test and background check then asked me if that was ok. When I said that was ok, she gave me the drug test and had me sign and initial some things. After the test was complete, she told me that she'll call me in a week when the results come back and get me set up for orientation then get me working.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Only asked about my availability.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kroger in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was called in a day before the interview. I went in and the interview was about 20 minutes before they told me I had the Job.They did proceeded to have me fill out some papers and took a drug test. I was called in for the job after my test results came in.

Interviewed at Kroger

Interview Details – Excellent First Job experience. Easy interview. Easy Job. Lots of fun. Go get started now! Best suited for high school students and the elderly. Apply online or in store. Wait for a call. Come in for interview. Ask questions. Answer Questions. Agree on Pay. Get trained. Get Schedule. Get started!

Interview Question – No difficult questions here! Answer openly and honestly. Make sure to ask your own questions as well! This will impress the employer, and show you have a genuine interest in the position. Make sure to smile, as this is very important in the customer service field of employment. Smiling will also help you appear to be an enthusiastic employee and the super retail star that you are! Good Luck!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Min. Wage

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in March 2014.

Interview Details – No questions, just a drug test and description of the job.

Reason for Declining – Other job offer

Cashier

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Kroger in September 2010.

Interview Details – She asked about my experience as a cashier

Interview Question – she was interested to know if I would be full time or part time and what i thought id like about working there   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kroger

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kroger Cashier interview questions and advice. All 75 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kroger employees and interview candidates.