Kroger

Average Difficulty
78 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Canal Winchester, OH

I applied online and interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details – I spoke with 3 people: hiring manager, store manager, and customer service care aka csc (boss of the cashiers, baggers, customer service helpers)

I explained to the hiring manager past work experience, skills, and community service that was presented on my resume.

Hiring manager explained job duties and expectations

Store manager also reviewed my resume and asked about some things on there, also asked me about the Kroger company.

Csc confirmed and asked about my availablity from application

Interview Question – Store manager asking me about the Kroger company. I did do a little research before hand, but it did not help. The store manager worded questions in a way I did not understand.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Job descriptions are accurate so make sure thats what you want to do. If not you can always talk to someone about switching job positions even to a different department or store.

You must speak up though if you feel some type of way about your job.

Interviewed at Kroger

Interview Details – It was not what I expected I hope that you have better luck than I did. everything is done online. I feel that was impressionable. when did getting away from face to face meetings go away

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in August 2013.

Interview Details – Just one interview....they pretty much look for anyone with a pulse who can pass a drug test. I applied online for a temporary job, got called to do an interview. It was very relaxed,basic questions on how you would deliver good customer service, how you've worked on a team, ect. I immediately got a call back asking to come in and take a drug test.

Interview Question – How would you handle repetitive work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kroger in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was interviewed twice in three days. The questions were definitely pertinent for the job of cashier. The process was very pleasant. I was told on day four that I had been hired.

Interview Question – Dealing with unusual transactions at the cash register.   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details – I had an interview with the HR at one particular store. The HR was very sweet and on the older side. Honestly the easiest interview I have ever done. Manners are huge. She was presently surprised when I shook her hand. It seemed like she already knew that she was going to hire me half-way through because the interview transitioned from interview questions to talking about what the job entailed.

Interview Question – What would make you a good Kroger employee?   Answer Question

Suwanee, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kroger in August 2013.

Interview Details – 20 min interview, drug test by saliva, told me I would paid minimum wage, hired on the spot, negotiable hours, asked where I went to school, how long I plan on staying, and an increase in wage 50 cents every six months

Interview Question – What does kroger provide?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quick and easy

Mount Vernon, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in March 2010.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of basic questions like are you able to be here on time. It was a pretty easy interview. I got a call a couple of weeks later asking me to come in for a drug screen. It was a urine test. After a couple of days after taking that I was asked to come in for orientation. Overall, process went by pretty quickly

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Kroger?   View Answer

Interviewed at Kroger

Interview Details – Submitted an application and about 5 days later I was given a call. They asked me if I was still interested in the position, would be willing to work on weekends and weekdays and receive minimum wage. She then set up an interview.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

South Lyon, MI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kroger in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on a Sunday and got a call two days later and interviewed the day after getting the call. The lady who called me was also the one who interviewed me. My interview was easy and went by very quick. She looked over my application then asked me about my availability. After that, she told me that they do a mandatory drug test and background check then asked me if that was ok. When I said that was ok, she gave me the drug test and had me sign and initial some things. After the test was complete, she told me that she'll call me in a week when the results come back and get me set up for orientation then get me working.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Only asked about my availability.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kroger in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was called in a day before the interview. I went in and the interview was about 20 minutes before they told me I had the Job.They did proceeded to have me fill out some papers and took a drug test. I was called in for the job after my test results came in.

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!