Kroger Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Kroger (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

About three weeks after submitting my online application, I checked my voicemail and saw that Kroger had contacted me. I called them back, and they gave me an initial phone screen, which I wasn't expecting. The questions were easy, though--nothing you wouldn't be asked in a typical face-to-face interview--so I already had answers prepared. I did well, so the person invited me to a group interview at noon the next day.

There were three other people being interviewed at the same time as me, and everyone was really friendly. I have generalized anxiety disorder but this wasn't nerve-wracking at all. First we filled out some paperwork about our availability and such. Then we were asked to give a sales pitch about one of our favorite products we buy at Kroger. We were in two-person teams for this part, but each of us got graded separately. It wasn't hard at all; I think they were mainly looking for friendliness and enthusiasm.

The only real interview question we were asked was something along the lines of "Talk about a time when you had to make an unpopular decision involving friends or coworkers." After that, we were all hired on the spot. All we had to do then was a mouth swab drug test. We were told we'd be emailed about orientation once our background check and drug test results came back.

The whole thing lasted an hour or so, but it was so laid-back and pleasant that it didn't feel nearly that long.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had to make an unpopular decision involving friends or coworkers.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kroger.

Interview

easy just asked if I could perform the job and what my avilabilty was, the manager was nice but no longer there so everyone is just rude,i wouldn't recommend this place unless u are a teen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger (North Atlanta, GA).

Interview

as long as you showed up on time and dont seem like too much of a screw up you have the job in the bag, when getting interviewed it was more of getting all your paperwork and drug tests done (which is a saliva test)

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger in February 2015.

Interview

I went to one of Kroger's job fairs and I waited in a hallway for about an hour (which I didn't mind since it was a job fair) before it was my turn to interview. I went up for the interview and I was asked questions about what position I was interested in and the only question I found obscure was one where they asked what my hobbies were. Apart from that, the manager interviewing me made me feel really comfortable and called exactly when she told me she would to let me know if I would get the job or not. The manager was also very accommodating with my schedule and the date I was available to start.

Interview Questions

• What hours would you be able to work during week days?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

standard interview questions and applied on line They asked what my strengths and weaknesses were. They asked a couple of times about why I like Kroger and I said I like helping customers etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Set my availability although they did not follow through very well

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

I applied online and about a week later was called in for an interview. The interview process went fairly smoothly. I signed in at the table they had set up out front since and even though I was early they went ahead and did the interview. I was asked questions like what do you know about this company and why do you want to work for this company. They gave me the description of what was expected from a cashier and asked if I thought I could successfully perform the duties. I was told to expect a call soon. next day they called to schedule my drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kroger.

Interview

After my interview I was called and told i got the job three days later. Two weeks of training at the training center was fun. Then i went to my permanent store. The company match the hourly wage of my last job which is the rate they paid me.

Interview Questions

• Name a time or event where you had to use excellent customer service skills to satisfy and unhappy customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not need to negotiate.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kroger in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward. I was ask the usual questions should as how I would react to certain situations also I was greeted very nicely they offered refreshments but they are very disorganized they lost my application and call me for another interview not knowing that I already had one and that they had offered me a job.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a rude customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasnt one

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canal Winchester, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger (Canal Winchester, OH).

Interview

I spoke with 3 people: hiring manager, store manager, and customer service care aka csc (boss of the cashiers, baggers, customer service helpers)

I explained to the hiring manager past work experience, skills, and community service that was presented on my resume.

Hiring manager explained job duties and expectations

Store manager also reviewed my resume and asked about some things on there, also asked me about the Kroger company.

Csc confirmed and asked about my availablity from application

Interview Questions

• Store manager asking me about the Kroger company. I did do a little research before hand, but it did not help. The store manager worded questions in a way I did not understand.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Job descriptions are accurate so make sure thats what you want to do. If not you can always talk to someone about switching job positions even to a different department or store.

You must speak up though if you feel some type of way about your job.

Cashier Interview

Interview

It was not what I expected I hope that you have better luck than I did. everything is done online. I feel that was impressionable. when did getting away from face to face meetings go away