Kroger Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

1.5

Anonymous Employee in Beckley, WV

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Kroger (Beckley, WV) in October 2008.

Interview

Fairly average interview, drug and 1:1 interview took place. Waited on drug and background check results before I was called back. Took about a week.

Interview Questions

• Why is a man-hole cover round?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Pay was barely negotiable, though I got a decent wage considering my experience. That ends negotiable terms.

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger in August 2009.

Interview

The interview was casual and relaxed. I was asked basic questions and nothing was too difficult. I was required to take an oral based drug test on site. Nothing too bad, but be prepared.

other job opportunity

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger in April 2013.

Interview

Group Interview everyone was a bit quiet and nervous. The to interviewers were not professional and seemed carless and plain rowdy. Straight forward questions followed by forward answers. After a few questions the two interviewers step out and choose who gets the job and who doesn't.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Friendswood, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Friendswood, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I filled out an application online and two weeks later I got a call from the hiring manager. I had a group interview the next night. We all had to talk about ourselves, sell our favorite product in the store to her, and take a saliva mouth swab drug test. When the test and my back ground check cleared, (about 5 days later) I got a call for computer training. I completed that and started working the next week.

Interview Questions

• What was something you were faced with that you chose the wrong choice instead of right?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Spring, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Group interview, know information about kroger's history and understand items they sale. Customer care first.

Interview Questions

• I had to sale a production to the interviewer with a group.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Canal Winchester, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Canal Winchester, OH).

Interview

I spoke with 3 people: hiring manager, store manager, and customer service care aka csc (boss of the cashiers, baggers, customer service helpers) I explained to the hiring manager past work experience, skills, and community service that was presented on my resume. Hiring manager explained job duties and expectations Store manager also reviewed my resume and asked about some things on there, also asked me about the Kroger company. Csc confirmed and asked about my availablity from application

Interview Questions

• Store manager asking me about the Kroger company. I did do a little research before hand, but it did not help. The store manager worded questions in a way I did not understand.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Job descriptions are accurate so make sure thats what you want to do. If not you can always talk to someone about switching job positions even to a different department or store. You must speak up though if you feel some type of way about your job.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Columbus, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online for any position and I got a call back the next day. The interview took place two business days after that. It was relaxed, yet professional. The interviewer asked about 10 questions from the sheet, and a couple of her own. I let her know that I was interested in advancement within the company, and she was very happy about that and told me how she advanced herself. The workplace seemed pretty relaxed and welcoming but still professional. I was able to choose which position I wanted after she told me the positives and negatives of each I was interested in. I was called in for a drug test the day after my interview and I start working this week. Very efficient process.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? What can you bring to Kroger?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation took place

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Alpharetta, GA) in June 2010.

Interview

I was called in a day before the interview. I went in and the interview was about 20 minutes before they told me I had the Job.They did proceeded to have me fill out some papers and took a drug test. I was called in for the job after my test results came in.

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

I applied online and about a week later was called in for an interview. The interview process went fairly smoothly. I signed in at the table they had set up out front since and even though I was early they went ahead and did the interview. I was asked questions like what do you know about this company and why do you want to work for this company. They gave me the description of what was expected from a cashier and asked if I thought I could successfully perform the duties. I was told to expect a call soon. next day they called to schedule my drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Logan, UT) in April 2011.

Interview

Applied online, received call to schedule a one on one interview, interviewed with HR personnel, received a drug test and went through a background check, received online and in-store training before actual start date, began position with the first few days supervised and questions answered.