Kroger

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Average Difficulty
75 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Cashier

The process took a day - interviewed at Kroger in August 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was casual and relaxed. I was asked basic questions and nothing was too difficult. I was required to take an oral based drug test on site. Nothing too bad, but be prepared.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – other job opportunity

Spring, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in May 2013.

Interview Details – Group interview, know information about kroger's history and understand items they sale. Customer care first.

Interview Question – I had to sale a production to the interviewer with a group.   Answer Question

Friendswood, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in October 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online and two weeks later I got a call from the hiring manager. I had a group interview the next night. We all had to talk about ourselves, sell our favorite product in the store to her, and take a saliva mouth swab drug test. When the test and my back ground check cleared, (about 5 days later) I got a call for computer training. I completed that and started working the next week.

Interview Question – What was something you were faced with that you chose the wrong choice instead of right?   View Answer

Cashier

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kroger in April 2013.

Interview Details – Group Interview everyone was a bit quiet and nervous. The to interviewers were not professional and seemed carless and plain rowdy. Straight forward questions followed by forward answers. After a few questions the two interviewers step out and choose who gets the job and who doesn't.

Interview Question – Why do we need you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Beckley, WV

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kroger in October 2008.

Interview Details – Fairly average interview, drug and 1:1 interview took place. Waited on drug and background check results before I was called back. Took about a week.

Interview Question – Why is a man-hole cover round?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pay was barely negotiable, though I got a decent wage considering my experience. That ends negotiable terms.

Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Kroger in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online for any position and I got a call back the next day. The interview took place two business days after that. It was relaxed, yet professional. The interviewer asked about 10 questions from the sheet, and a couple of her own. I let her know that I was interested in advancement within the company, and she was very happy about that and told me how she advanced herself. The workplace seemed pretty relaxed and welcoming but still professional. I was able to choose which position I wanted after she told me the positives and negatives of each I was interested in. I was called in for a drug test the day after my interview and I start working this week. Very efficient process.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you? What can you bring to Kroger?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation took place

Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kroger in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was called in a day before the interview. I went in and the interview was about 20 minutes before they told me I had the Job.They did proceeded to have me fill out some papers and took a drug test. I was called in for the job after my test results came in.

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in March 2014.

Interview Details – No questions, just a drug test and description of the job.

Reason for Declining – Other job offer

Lexington, KY

The process took a day - interviewed at Kroger in April 2011.

Interview Details – applied to the kroger company and waited 2 days before i called and asked about my application and the hiring process. Once they told me they would review my application and return my call within the next 2 days, the hiring manager called me in for an interview. At the interview i was quite calm, the hiring manager was very nice and had allot in common with me, she asked me a few basic questions like...

Tell me a little about yourself...

why are you interested in the kroger company? I said because its a steady place to work with competitive pay for a position while im just in school.

what do you expect to make working for kroger? dont be afraid to aim high, i told her $10.00 an hour, apparently kroger has a program online that automatically tells them what to pay you with your experience.

can you do a drug screening? I did a mouth swab in her office the day of the interview and was offered a position.

Negotiation Details – There really isnt any nagotiation besides the hours you can and cant work, you will more likely get the job if you are a student and can perform to the hours needed. The krogers i was working at was a very high income store, we were based in a high class neighborhood and they turned over a mill a week in sales. Up front workers in this type of kroger need to be respectful and keep in mind, people will snitch on you for the dumbest stuff even if you think they are your friend!!!! Just stay to yourself, keep the customers happy and make sure you do your job as requested, dont forget to do your kroger credit card offers because the managers will bust your ass about it. They do check your scan records so try not to be slow as christmas, and krogers isnt very fond of drugs, if they have suspicions they will keep an eye on you, hope this helps you out!

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kroger in February 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was easy, just be yourself & be cinfdent & you'll do great!

Interview Question – Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!