Kroger Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

1.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kroger (Bowling Green, KY).

Interview

Applied online. Called store to schedule an interview. Knew someone already employed there, so there were no questions at all. Just had to fill out paperwork and mouth swab drug test.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger (Detroit, MI) in January 2011.

Interview

Phone call and in person interview. Applied online and they gave me a call to come in and interview. The interview was basic interview questions. Very easy interview overall. Anyone who has an interview shouldn't be nervous at all it is very simple.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What experience do you have handling cash? Go over your job history with me? Why did you apply at this location?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got called back a two days later. The lady on the phone asked me if I had a minute to answer some questions. She asked me some basic questions like "what is excellent costumer service," and "why do you want to work for Kroger," then she reviewed my availability. She then scheduled me for an interview for a week later. When I came in to interview, it was very relaxed. They review your previous work experience, and ask you very basic questions about your previous job. Then they go over the personality assessment that you took along with your online application. I think the questions they ask you in the interview are based off of that. The interview is easy as long as you know your strengths and weaknesses, and how you work in a team, you should be fine. There were only about 4-5 situational based questions. I was given a drug test immediately after the interview, and I was hired on spot.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you had to deal with an opinionated coworker?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Logan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kroger (Logan, UT) in April 2011.

Interview

Applied online, received call to schedule a one on one interview, interviewed with HR personnel, received a drug test and went through a background check, received online and in-store training before actual start date, began position with the first few days supervised and questions answered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Missouri City, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger (Missouri City, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online. Talked to a hiring manager got the interview and accepted the job. I had to take a deug test and wait on the result to move foward and go to my paid training

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kroger (Detroit, MI) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied at dif store, got a call from a dif location asking if I was interested. Came in for interview, asked basic stuff about past experience, they give you a mouth swab drug test. Had to wait couple weeks for that and background check to clear and was hired.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, two weeks later (monday) got a call for an interview on Saturday. It was a group interview 3 other people. First we did a get to know you. Then we had to choose a product and make a sales pitch. After that we were asked 2 questions, then got offered a position and took a drug test. Now im waiting for that to come back then get a date to start orientation.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you made a unpopular decision   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you were in a conflict... How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosenberg, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kroger (Rosenberg, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Simple group interview. Just seeing how you interact with others. The interviewer introduced herself told us about the company. Then she made talk out loud. Those who had strict availabilities were cut ,the rest were offered a job.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

you are told to fill out two pieces of paper which contain your schedule that you'll be Available. in the other paper is a question about what is your favorite item that they sell at the store and why then you'll play a game with all the other interviewees it's like a sales pitch to get you the buy one of the items

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2012.

Interview

Submitted online application, then called in/left my name at their customer service to get the job. Brought upstairs to talk to management. Very casual setting. Felt comfortable. They were pretty cool. If they like you, they will drug test you, right on the spot and you will have to wait a week or two to get the results back.