Kroger

Updated Nov 13, 2014
Updated Nov 13, 2014

1.6

Cashier Interview

Excellent First Job experience. Easy interview. Easy Job. Lots of fun. Go get started now! Best suited for high school students and the elderly. Apply online or in store. Wait for a call. Come in for interview. Ask questions. Answer Questions. Agree on Pay. Get trained. Get Schedule. Get started!

Interview Questions
  • No difficult questions here! Answer openly and honestly. Make sure to ask your own questions as well! This will impress the employer, and show you have a genuine interest in the position. Make sure to smile, as this is very important in the customer service field of employment. Smiling will also help you appear to be an enthusiastic employee and the super retail star that you are! Good Luck!   Answer Question
Min. Wage

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Lyon, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Lyon, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger in May 2014.

I applied on a Sunday and got a call two days later and interviewed the day after getting the call. The lady who called me was also the one who interviewed me. My interview was easy and went by very quick. She looked over my application then asked me about my availability. After that, she told me that they do a mandatory drug test and background check then asked me if that was ok. When I said that was ok, she gave me the drug test and had me sign and initial some things. After the test was complete, she told me that she'll call me in a week when the results come back and get me set up for orientation then get me working.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Only asked about my availability.   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kroger.

Simple as can be. it can barely be called an interview. You are summoned into an office with the hiring manager asked a few basic questions and given a drug test.

no negotiation. I would be certain if coming to this job with experience then make sure they are aware of it.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger in March 2014.

No questions, just a drug test and description of the job.

Other job offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kroger in March 2014.

I applied online for any position and I got a call back the next day. The interview took place two business days after that. It was relaxed, yet professional. The interviewer asked about 10 questions from the sheet, and a couple of her own. I let her know that I was interested in advancement within the company, and she was very happy about that and told me how she advanced herself. The workplace seemed pretty relaxed and welcoming but still professional. I was able to choose which position I wanted after she told me the positives and negatives of each I was interested in. I was called in for a drug test the day after my interview and I start working this week. Very efficient process.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you? What can you bring to Kroger?   View Answer
    No negotiation took place

Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger.

The interview process went very smoothly. I only had on an over the phone and a one on one with the store manager. Also, a drug test was needed.

Cashier Interview

This process was very straight forward. it consisted of 3 separate mini interviews then a small group interview. all in all very easy. This process was very straight forward. it consisted of 3 separate mini interviews then a small group interview. all in all very easy. This process was very straight forward. it consisted of 3 separate mini interviews then a small group interview. all in all very easy.

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kroger in February 2014.

I applied online about two months ago and they called for an initial interview 3 weeks ago. The first initial interview was a few questions over the phone to clarify information and just a few simple things, example being "are you still interested in working for Kroger?" After that interview I was invited to come into the store to do a face-to-face interview with a manager of the store the next week. Went in early, and the interview lasted about 5 minutes overall. Literally no questions were asked, but the application was reviewed and had a small conversation. Was actually forced to ask questions instead of being asked myself. Was basically hired after being asked when I would like to start, then told that their HR manager/secretary would give me a call in order to set up a drug test time. Exactly a week later I get a call back, from the same store but from a different number, the HR manager/secretary said that my drug test had come back clean (even though I was never contacted beforehand to go take one) and that they were doing a background check and waiting for it to come back.

Interview Questions
    • Most companies ask you "why do you want to work for ____?" I was asked "What can Kroger do for you?" So just be prepared for a mix up of questioning.   Answer Question

I declined because of the company doing very weird things. For example, saying I cleared a drug test that I never took, and calling me using two different phone numbers.

Cashier Interview

They called me and I went to a different store from where I was to work. They had us do some exercise to see how we deal with customers. Then we were drug tested and had to wait. Then they did new hire paperwork on another day and I went to training at the corporate office then at an actual store.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kroger in December 2013.

Did the application online, called in to leave name with customer care, few days later I got called in for an interview with HR, got my second interview with the store manager the same day. After interview was over they said they had more people to interview and then they'll all sit down and call in the best people for the positions. following sunday I was called and was asked to come in for background check an drug test was hired!

Interview Questions
    • She really didn't ask too many questions, I did the most talking and asking questions.   Answer Question
    I was originally supposed to be hired in deli department but since I had more experience as a cashier I got hired as a cashier here too.