Kroger Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

1.5

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger in August 2014.

Interview

Apply Online to krogers.jobs.com , Wait for a couple of weeks , Get email for a hiring manager about group interview, usually the group interiews are like 20 people max, pass all three parts and drug test, hired

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

I had an interview with the HR at one particular store. The HR was very sweet and on the older side. Honestly the easiest interview I have ever done. Manners are huge. She was presently surprised when I shook her hand. It seemed like she already knew that she was going to hire me half-way through because the interview transitioned from interview questions to talking about what the job entailed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Raleigh, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed twice in three days. The questions were definitely pertinent for the job of cashier. The process was very pleasant. I was told on day four that I had been hired.

Interview Questions

• Dealing with unusual transactions at the cash register.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

Submitted an application and about 5 days later I was given a call. They asked me if I was still interested in the position, would be willing to work on weekends and weekdays and receive minimum wage. She then set up an interview.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Excellent First Job experience. Easy interview. Easy Job. Lots of fun. Go get started now! Best suited for high school students and the elderly. Apply online or in store. Wait for a call. Come in for interview. Ask questions. Answer Questions. Agree on Pay. Get trained. Get Schedule. Get started!

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions here! Answer openly and honestly. Make sure to ask your own questions as well! This will impress the employer, and show you have a genuine interest in the position. Make sure to smile, as this is very important in the customer service field of employment. Smiling will also help you appear to be an enthusiastic employee and the super retail star that you are! Good Luck!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Min. Wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Lyon, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kroger (South Lyon, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied on a Sunday and got a call two days later and interviewed the day after getting the call. The lady who called me was also the one who interviewed me. My interview was easy and went by very quick. She looked over my application then asked me about my availability. After that, she told me that they do a mandatory drug test and background check then asked me if that was ok. When I said that was ok, she gave me the drug test and had me sign and initial some things. After the test was complete, she told me that she'll call me in a week when the results come back and get me set up for orientation then get me working.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Only asked about my availability.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Houston, TX).

Interview

Simple as can be. it can barely be called an interview. You are summoned into an office with the hiring manager asked a few basic questions and given a drug test.

Negotiation

no negotiation. I would be certain if coming to this job with experience then make sure they are aware of it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Greenville, SC) in April 2014.

Interview

Took in my resume, discussed options for shifts offering full availability. Expected initial offer discussed at ten dollars an hour probationary level for 25 plus years experience running Fortune 100/500 companies. It was also suggested further promotions were available for placement. Final offer was for 7.25 and 12 hours a week total with no room for advancement, and a nickel raise once a year. After taxes and union dues this comes to 70 dollars a week take home pay. After benefit program, that's less than 25 dollars a week. Read that again. 25 dollars a week. I suspect that over hiring staff may be an issue.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Absolutely no negotiation on final offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Columbus, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online for any position and I got a call back the next day. The interview took place two business days after that. It was relaxed, yet professional. The interviewer asked about 10 questions from the sheet, and a couple of her own. I let her know that I was interested in advancement within the company, and she was very happy about that and told me how she advanced herself. The workplace seemed pretty relaxed and welcoming but still professional. I was able to choose which position I wanted after she told me the positives and negatives of each I was interested in. I was called in for a drug test the day after my interview and I start working this week. Very efficient process.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? What can you bring to Kroger?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation took place

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger in March 2014.

Interview

No questions, just a drug test and description of the job.

Other job offer