Kroger

Average Difficulty
75 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Kroger

Interview Details – They called me and I went to a different store from where I was to work. They had us do some exercise to see how we deal with customers. Then we were drug tested and had to wait. Then they did new hire paperwork on another day and I went to training at the corporate office then at an actual store.

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kroger in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied Online, They called me about a week later for an interview.I didnt have any experience so they just asked simple questions and how Im doing in school.The manager was nice,I got hired on the spot

Interview Question – None, I was prepared for the questions so It was easy since I knew what to expect and say   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimum wage,I live in Texas

Royal Oak, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kroger in March 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process was minimal, I was told at the onset I was basically already hired, just needed to do mouth swab and wait on results. Once results returned there were a few days of paid training, mostly modules done on the computer.

Interview Question – Like I said they play it pretty fast and loose here, don't expect to be challenged in the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, a call basically meant you were hired. Note that this is for unskilled, entry level jobs. If you have experience in a department you might have a different hiring experience.

Murfreesboro, TN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Kroger in September 2012.

Interview Details – Put in an aplication.
If you get called in for an interview they'll ask basic questions.
Unless you answer in an unacceptable fashion they'll drug test you.
If you pass you're hired

Interview Question – There aren't really any difficult questions. the worst may have been where do you see yourself in X years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There are no negotiations. We are a union, and our union is worthless. They will lie to you and tell you that promotions are common and you will likely move up in three months and that you get raises (only a lie if you're a bagger).

Cashier

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details – Walk in. Talk about the business/job. Take drug test (they get results right away) then bam hired.

Interview Question – They didn't really have any difficult questions. Pretty simple.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, first job.

Grand Blanc, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kroger in September 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out an online application friday and was called saturday afternoon to come in sunday morning (today). It was a 1 on 1 interview with the general manager. i wasn't asked much, the basic where have you worked/gone to school/what are your plans for the future. I was given a drug test with an oral swab, you just leave it in your mouth for about 10 minutes. He informed me that when it came back cleared i'd be sent to a different location for an orientation meeting, and then a separate day (i think) would be computer training, i guess all the training is done on a computer program. both of those i'd be paid for.

Interview Question – there wasn't anything unexpected or much questioning in general, he did most of the talking.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiating, the job starts out minimum wage but with the union you get a raise every 6 months. and i filled out my application for "any" available position & he hasn't decided if i'll be going up front as a cashier or in the deli, i said i would prefer up front but i think he's leaning towards the deli, he had me meet the deli manager but after he still said we'll see where we can put me.

Greencastle, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in September 2011.

Interview Details – Filled out an online application and within a week was given a call asking to come in for an interview. When I went to the location I was asked to wait for a bit. I didn't wait that long when I was directed up into the office, where I sat down and was met with smiling yet intimidating managers. They asked me a series of questions and kept telling me that it was ok that I was nervous, they were very understanding and polite. They do like upbeat and positive attitudes, lots of smiling and a pleasing attitude. I was given a mouth swab drug test and would be called as soon as the background check and tests were returned. About a week after the interview, I was hired on.

Interview Question – Mostly questions about how my personal life affected my work life.   Answer Question

Allen, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details – The hiring process is fairly simple. If they call you back, you got the job. they drug test, if you pass they give you more info on working for them. There isn't really a interview at all. Make sure you call the store you applied to and ask to speak to their hiring manager, that way you can see if your application is being processed.

Interview Question – They drug test, so make sure you are clean before the "interview"   Answer Question

Interviewed at Kroger

Interview Details – The interview was fun. they put you in a room with other people and allow you to interact with others. They set you up with computers where you will take tests.

Interview Question – What did you in a situation where you had to work with a group.   View Answer

Farmington Hills, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kroger in June 2009.

Interview Details – Submitted necessary materials and they did a background check and asked a few questions about what I wanted to do. I just wanted a summer job and that was fine with them.

Interview Question – Didn't get difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - they had a system set up where you get a raise every 6 months.