Kroger

1.6

87 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger in November 2013.

Applied Online, They called me about a week later for an interview.I didnt have any experience so they just asked simple questions and how Im doing in school.The manager was nice,I got hired on the spot

Interview Questions
  • None, I was prepared for the questions so It was easy since I knew what to expect and say   Answer Question
Minimum wage,I live in Texas

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kroger.

Walk in. Talk about the business/job. Take drug test (they get results right away) then bam hired.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't really have any difficult questions. Pretty simple.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, first job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Friendswood, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Friendswood, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kroger in October 2013.

I filled out an application online and two weeks later I got a call from the hiring manager. I had a group interview the next night. We all had to talk about ourselves, sell our favorite product in the store to her, and take a saliva mouth swab drug test. When the test and my back ground check cleared, (about 5 days later) I got a call for computer training. I completed that and started working the next week.

Interview Questions
    • What was something you were faced with that you chose the wrong choice instead of right?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger.

The hiring process is fairly simple. If they call you back, you got the job. they drug test, if you pass they give you more info on working for them. There isn't really a interview at all. Make sure you call the store you applied to and ask to speak to their hiring manager, that way you can see if your application is being processed.

Interview Questions
    • They drug test, so make sure you are clean before the "interview"   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

The interview was fun. they put you in a room with other people and allow you to interact with others. They set you up with computers where you will take tests.

Interview Questions
    • What did you in a situation where you had to work with a group.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Interviewed with the Hr person, she really never asked me any questions. She just told me about the job and what the benefits were, which was none for a part time job.

Interview Questions
    • None, most of the time the HR person keep saying I love to have you but I know you won't take the job.   Answer Question

Had to join a union, pay union dues for a part time minimum wage job with no benefits. Would be paying to work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Blanc, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Blanc, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kroger in September 2013.

I filled out an online application friday and was called saturday afternoon to come in sunday morning (today). It was a 1 on 1 interview with the general manager. i wasn't asked much, the basic where have you worked/gone to school/what are your plans for the future. I was given a drug test with an oral swab, you just leave it in your mouth for about 10 minutes. He informed me that when it came back cleared i'd be sent to a different location for an orientation meeting, and then a separate day (i think) would be computer training, i guess all the training is done on a computer program. both of those i'd be paid for.

Interview Questions
    • there wasn't anything unexpected or much questioning in general, he did most of the talking.   Answer Question
    no negotiating, the job starts out minimum wage but with the union you get a raise every 6 months. and i filled out my application for "any" available position & he hasn't decided if i'll be going up front as a cashier or in the deli, i said i would prefer up front but i think he's leaning towards the deli, he had me meet the deli manager but after he still said we'll see where we can put me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger.

Went into the store and met with someone from HR. Asked questions like what would you do in this situation and how would you handle another situation. From there I was given a mouth swab and handed my shirts for work and began working within the week.

Interview Questions
    Reguarding pay I started out making minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger in August 2013.

Applied online and got called for an interview a week later. Came in on the upcoming Monday, went through the interview process, got told they wanted people with experience handling cash registers even though my resume clearly stated beforehand that I had none. Was called the Friday after my interview to be asked a few questions and told that I had the job. Was also told that I would be called back with a time to come in and with a schedule. A week later and still no call back. Have called, and left a voice mail on the manager's work voice mail since she was in a meeting on those days. Have yet to be called back or given any answer to whether I have the job.

Interview Questions
    • In a previous workplace, name a difficult situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    There was none. Set price of $7.40

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kroger in August 2013.

Just one interview....they pretty much look for anyone with a pulse who can pass a drug test. I applied online for a temporary job, got called to do an interview. It was very relaxed,basic questions on how you would deliver good customer service, how you've worked on a team, ect. I immediately got a call back asking to come in and take a drug test.

No negotiation.