Kroger Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

1.5

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

The interview process went very smoothly. I only had on an over the phone and a one on one with the store manager. Also, a drug test was needed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Cashier Interview

Interview

This process was very straight forward. it consisted of 3 separate mini interviews then a small group interview. all in all very easy. This process was very straight forward. it consisted of 3 separate mini interviews then a small group interview. all in all very easy. This process was very straight forward. it consisted of 3 separate mini interviews then a small group interview. all in all very easy.

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Fayetteville, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online about two months ago and they called for an initial interview 3 weeks ago. The first initial interview was a few questions over the phone to clarify information and just a few simple things, example being "are you still interested in working for Kroger?" After that interview I was invited to come into the store to do a face-to-face interview with a manager of the store the next week. Went in early, and the interview lasted about 5 minutes overall. Literally no questions were asked, but the application was reviewed and had a small conversation. Was actually forced to ask questions instead of being asked myself. Was basically hired after being asked when I would like to start, then told that their HR manager/secretary would give me a call in order to set up a drug test time. Exactly a week later I get a call back, from the same store but from a different number, the HR manager/secretary said that my drug test had come back clean (even though I was never contacted beforehand to go take one) and that they were doing a background check and waiting for it to come back.

Interview Questions

• Most companies ask you "why do you want to work for ____?" I was asked "What can Kroger do for you?" So just be prepared for a mix up of questioning.   Answer Question

I declined because of the company doing very weird things. For example, saying I cleared a drug test that I never took, and calling me using two different phone numbers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Alpharetta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was the standard interview process. They just asked you questions about that were meant to find out how you deal and interact with customers. They also asked about how you deal with conflict resolution among other things.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer that is not happy with the price of an item?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

They called me and I went to a different store from where I was to work. They had us do some exercise to see how we deal with customers. Then we were drug tested and had to wait. Then they did new hire paperwork on another day and I went to training at the corporate office then at an actual store.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Atlanta, GA) in December 2013.

Interview

Did the application online, called in to leave name with customer care, few days later I got called in for an interview with HR, got my second interview with the store manager the same day. After interview was over they said they had more people to interview and then they'll all sit down and call in the best people for the positions. following sunday I was called and was asked to come in for background check an drug test was hired!

Interview Questions

• She really didn't ask too many questions, I did the most talking and asking questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was originally supposed to be hired in deli department but since I had more experience as a cashier I got hired as a cashier here too.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dacula, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Dacula, GA) in December 2013.

Interview

Basic interview process Apply online Pass the personality test Get a call back or you can call Set up an interview Go in You go upstairs Wait to be greeted by mgr Complete the interview Take an oral drug test After a week (give or take) you get a call telling you if you passed Then you come back in and they discuss the next steps

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here Tell me about a time .... Etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate But it's strongly encouraged

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kroger (Dallas, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied Online, They called me about a week later for an interview.I didnt have any experience so they just asked simple questions and how Im doing in school.The manager was nice,I got hired on the spot

Interview Questions

• None, I was prepared for the questions so It was easy since I knew what to expect and say   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimum wage,I live in Texas

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Walk in. Talk about the business/job. Take drug test (they get results right away) then bam hired.

Interview Questions

• They didn't really have any difficult questions. Pretty simple.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, first job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Friendswood, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Friendswood, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I filled out an application online and two weeks later I got a call from the hiring manager. I had a group interview the next night. We all had to talk about ourselves, sell our favorite product in the store to her, and take a saliva mouth swab drug test. When the test and my back ground check cleared, (about 5 days later) I got a call for computer training. I completed that and started working the next week.

Interview Questions

• What was something you were faced with that you chose the wrong choice instead of right?   3 Answers