Kroger Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Blanc, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kroger (Grand Blanc, MI) in September 2013.

Interview

I filled out an online application friday and was called saturday afternoon to come in sunday morning (today). It was a 1 on 1 interview with the general manager. i wasn't asked much, the basic where have you worked/gone to school/what are your plans for the future. I was given a drug test with an oral swab, you just leave it in your mouth for about 10 minutes. He informed me that when it came back cleared i'd be sent to a different location for an orientation meeting, and then a separate day (i think) would be computer training, i guess all the training is done on a computer program. both of those i'd be paid for.

Interview Questions

• there wasn't anything unexpected or much questioning in general, he did most of the talking.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiating, the job starts out minimum wage but with the union you get a raise every 6 months. and i filled out my application for "any" available position & he hasn't decided if i'll be going up front as a cashier or in the deli, i said i would prefer up front but i think he's leaning towards the deli, he had me meet the deli manager but after he still said we'll see where we can put me.

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger (Wichita, KS).

Interview

Went into the store and met with someone from HR. Asked questions like what would you do in this situation and how would you handle another situation. From there I was given a mouth swab and handed my shirts for work and began working within the week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Reguarding pay I started out making minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger (Covington, KY) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online and got called for an interview a week later. Came in on the upcoming Monday, went through the interview process, got told they wanted people with experience handling cash registers even though my resume clearly stated beforehand that I had none. Was called the Friday after my interview to be asked a few questions and told that I had the job. Was also told that I would be called back with a time to come in and with a schedule. A week later and still no call back. Have called, and left a voice mail on the manager's work voice mail since she was in a meeting on those days. Have yet to be called back or given any answer to whether I have the job.

Interview Questions

• In a previous workplace, name a difficult situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none. Set price of $7.40

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kroger in August 2013.

Interview

Just one interview....they pretty much look for anyone with a pulse who can pass a drug test. I applied online for a temporary job, got called to do an interview. It was very relaxed,basic questions on how you would deliver good customer service, how you've worked on a team, ect. I immediately got a call back asking to come in and take a drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwanee, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kroger (Suwanee, GA) in August 2013.

Interview

20 min interview, drug test by saliva, told me I would paid minimum wage, hired on the spot, negotiable hours, asked where I went to school, how long I plan on staying, and an increase in wage 50 cents every six months

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Quick and easy

Anonymous Employee in Mount de Chantal, WV

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kroger (Mount de Chantal, WV).

Interview

dress neatly ,clean ,clean shave ,good night sleep prior ,smile ,express some degree of confidence-enthusiasm-common sense-answer questions clearly ,good posture ,ask some questions that are important ,make eye-contact-should pretty much have a fairly good chance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger (Houston, TX).

Interview

Hiring and Interview process is very easy. If you just go in like a normal person you will likely get hired. They are all standard run of the mill questions, Tell me about yourself, Strengths and weaknesses, etc. Honestly, the easiest interview I have ever had. I was hired right on the spot. They tell you all the available positions at the store you want and ask you your first and second choice. I found even if your favorite job is not available, they are almost always hiring all positions. I started in the Deli and within a month and a half I had transferred departments, and within six months I have two promotions and full time status under my belt. They do background checks and drug tests. They said it could take up to two weeks to get a call back. It took less than a week for me, and my boyfriend it took only 3 days. I guess it is based on how badly you are needed. Also, it is useless to inquire at the specific store you want to work. Kroger has hiring centers and associates at the stores can't help. They will only direct you to apply online.

Interview Questions

• No question was difficult. Just google common interview questions and answers, and it's likely that is all will be asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotioation. They have a starting rate. It is likely minimum wage. If you have experience with Kroger you can negotiate for a larger raise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger (Houston, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

I got called for a group interview, which consisted of mainly teenagers. We filled out a half sheet, introduced ourselves, and read off our answers. We got partnered up to pretend to sell a product in the store to a customer. It kind of felt like being in a classroom, meeting everyone for the first time and then doing skits together. After about 15 minutes of waiting, the people who didn't get the job were called out and left. Everyone who made it stayed and filled out some paperwork.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger (Spring, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Group interview, know information about kroger's history and understand items they sale. Customer care first.

Interview Questions

• I had to sale a production to the interviewer with a group.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kroger in April 2013.

Interview

Group Interview everyone was a bit quiet and nervous. The to interviewers were not professional and seemed carless and plain rowdy. Straight forward questions followed by forward answers. After a few questions the two interviewers step out and choose who gets the job and who doesn't.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations