Kroger

Average Difficulty
78 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Allen, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details – The hiring process is fairly simple. If they call you back, you got the job. they drug test, if you pass they give you more info on working for them. There isn't really a interview at all. Make sure you call the store you applied to and ask to speak to their hiring manager, that way you can see if your application is being processed.

Interview Question – They drug test, so make sure you are clean before the "interview"   Answer Question

Interviewed at Kroger

Interview Details – The interview was fun. they put you in a room with other people and allow you to interact with others. They set you up with computers where you will take tests.

Interview Question – What did you in a situation where you had to work with a group.   View Answer

Farmington Hills, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kroger in June 2009.

Interview Details – Submitted necessary materials and they did a background check and asked a few questions about what I wanted to do. I just wanted a summer job and that was fine with them.

Interview Question – Didn't get difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - they had a system set up where you get a raise every 6 months.

Interviewed at Kroger

Interview Details – Interviewed with the Hr person, she really never asked me any questions. She just told me about the job and what the benefits were, which was none for a part time job.

Interview Question – None, most of the time the HR person keep saying I love to have you but I know you won't take the job.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had to join a union, pay union dues for a part time minimum wage job with no benefits. Would be paying to work.

Covington, KY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and got called for an interview a week later. Came in on the upcoming Monday, went through the interview process, got told they wanted people with experience handling cash registers even though my resume clearly stated beforehand that I had none. Was called the Friday after my interview to be asked a few questions and told that I had the job. Was also told that I would be called back with a time to come in and with a schedule. A week later and still no call back. Have called, and left a voice mail on the manager's work voice mail since she was in a meeting on those days. Have yet to be called back or given any answer to whether I have the job.

Interview Question – In a previous workplace, name a difficult situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none. Set price of $7.40

Wichita, KS

I applied online and interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details – Went into the store and met with someone from HR. Asked questions like what would you do in this situation and how would you handle another situation. From there I was given a mouth swab and handed my shirts for work and began working within the week.

Interview Question – There was not any questions that seemed difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Reguarding pay I started out making minimum wage.

Very Easy Interview

Huntington, WV

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in March 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was nice, the pay is minimum wage, the drug test in front of everyone (performed orally) is kind of uncomfortable and demeaning. The main manager of the store (Gandee) is super awesome and friendly and they do work around your school/ life schedule. Getting hours is a pain though.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were pretty straight forward such as what i want to do in life, long and short term goals, what i expect from a company, what are my hobbies, ect.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiations they choose your department i applied as cashier and got put in deli for a while. scheduling is mandatory mornings for the training then after that they work with you.

Very Easy Interview

Ottawa, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kroger in December 2011.

Interview Details – Online application process. Asked to come in for interview. Simple, painless. Told I got the job and when to start

Interview Question – Just wanted to know about background   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none

Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Kroger in May 2013.

Interview Details – I got called for a group interview, which consisted of mainly teenagers. We filled out a half sheet, introduced ourselves, and read off our answers. We got partnered up to pretend to sell a product in the store to a customer. It kind of felt like being in a classroom, meeting everyone for the first time and then doing skits together. After about 15 minutes of waiting, the people who didn't get the job were called out and left. Everyone who made it stayed and filled out some paperwork.

Interview Question – What do you not want to work as?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Cashier

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kroger in April 2013.

Interview Details – Group Interview everyone was a bit quiet and nervous. The to interviewers were not professional and seemed carless and plain rowdy. Straight forward questions followed by forward answers. After a few questions the two interviewers step out and choose who gets the job and who doesn't.

Interview Question – Why do we need you?   Answer Question