Kroger

1.6

87 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwanee, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwanee, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kroger in August 2013.

20 min interview, drug test by saliva, told me I would paid minimum wage, hired on the spot, negotiable hours, asked where I went to school, how long I plan on staying, and an increase in wage 50 cents every six months

Quick and easy

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount de Chantal, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount de Chantal, WV

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kroger.

dress neatly ,clean ,clean shave ,good night sleep prior ,smile ,express some degree of confidence-enthusiasm-common sense-answer questions clearly ,good posture ,ask some questions that are important ,make eye-contact-should pretty much have a fairly good chance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger.

Hiring and Interview process is very easy. If you just go in like a normal person you will likely get hired. They are all standard run of the mill questions, Tell me about yourself, Strengths and weaknesses, etc. Honestly, the easiest interview I have ever had. I was hired right on the spot. They tell you all the available positions at the store you want and ask you your first and second choice. I found even if your favorite job is not available, they are almost always hiring all positions. I started in the Deli and within a month and a half I had transferred departments, and within six months I have two promotions and full time status under my belt. They do background checks and drug tests. They said it could take up to two weeks to get a call back. It took less than a week for me, and my boyfriend it took only 3 days. I guess it is based on how badly you are needed. Also, it is useless to inquire at the specific store you want to work. Kroger has hiring centers and associates at the stores can't help. They will only direct you to apply online.

Interview Questions
    • No question was difficult. Just google common interview questions and answers, and it's likely that is all will be asked.   Answer Question
    No negotioation. They have a starting rate. It is likely minimum wage. If you have experience with Kroger you can negotiate for a larger raise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger in May 2013.

I got called for a group interview, which consisted of mainly teenagers. We filled out a half sheet, introduced ourselves, and read off our answers. We got partnered up to pretend to sell a product in the store to a customer. It kind of felt like being in a classroom, meeting everyone for the first time and then doing skits together. After about 15 minutes of waiting, the people who didn't get the job were called out and left. Everyone who made it stayed and filled out some paperwork.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger in May 2013.

Group interview, know information about kroger's history and understand items they sale. Customer care first.

Interview Questions
    • I had to sale a production to the interviewer with a group.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kroger in April 2013.

Group Interview everyone was a bit quiet and nervous. The to interviewers were not professional and seemed carless and plain rowdy. Straight forward questions followed by forward answers. After a few questions the two interviewers step out and choose who gets the job and who doesn't.

No negotiations

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kroger in April 2013.

Asked me a few questions and told me I had the job. Scheduled a drug test the next morning. Said I dressed professional. There was a saliva drug test and an 6-8 hour computer training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, WV

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kroger in March 2013.

The hiring and interview process was nice, the pay is minimum wage, the drug test in front of everyone (performed orally) is kind of uncomfortable and demeaning. The main manager of the store (Gandee) is super awesome and friendly and they do work around your school/ life schedule. Getting hours is a pain though.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were pretty straight forward such as what i want to do in life, long and short term goals, what i expect from a company, what are my hobbies, ect.   View Answer
    there was no negotiations they choose your department i applied as cashier and got put in deli for a while. scheduling is mandatory mornings for the training then after that they work with you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger in March 2013.

Applied online, received a call for an interview a couple days later and had a group interview the following week. Got my drug test same day, then called about my orientation date 2days later. The process took 1-2 weeks

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabethtown, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabethtown, KY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger.

The interview was pretty formal and easy. The Associate Manager was the one that did the interviewing and she just asked the basic retail questions. It seems that if you get an interview you'll more than likely get the job as long as you don't say anything that would jeopardize that. The manager actually spent more time talking about the company than actually asking questions. She also liked the fact that I was in college since many of the employees there were attending a college or university. They also do an oral drug test with you right away in the office after the interview.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't any negotiation. If you have experience they will negotiate pay, but if not then you will start out with the minimum amount.