Kroger Cashier Interview Questions & Reviews

79 interviews

1.6

79 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Kroger in April 2013.

Group Interview everyone was a bit quiet and nervous. The to interviewers were not professional and seemed carless and plain rowdy. Straight forward questions followed by forward answers. After a few questions the two interviewers step out and choose who gets the job and who doesn't.

No negotiations

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  DFW, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in July 2011.

I applied a 12pm and I was called at 3pm to come in for an interview later that week. The interview was basically me taking a drug test and talking over my schedule. She did ask me some questions about myself though.

Interview Questions
    • There was none. She was surprised that I typed up a cover letter though and handed it to her during my interview. The lady was very nice.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Mount de Chantal, WV
    Anonymous Employee in Mount de Chantal, WV

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Kroger.

dress neatly ,clean ,clean shave ,good night sleep prior ,smile ,express some degree of confidence-enthusiasm-common sense-answer questions clearly ,good posture ,ask some questions that are important ,make eye-contact-should pretty much have a fairly good chance

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kroger.

Hiring and Interview process is very easy. If you just go in like a normal person you will likely get hired. They are all standard run of the mill questions, Tell me about yourself, Strengths and weaknesses, etc. Honestly, the easiest interview I have ever had. I was hired right on the spot. They tell you all the available positions at the store you want and ask you your first and second choice. I found even if your favorite job is not available, they are almost always hiring all positions. I started in the Deli and within a month and a half I had transferred departments, and within six months I have two promotions and full time status under my belt. They do background checks and drug tests. They said it could take up to two weeks to get a call back. It took less than a week for me, and my boyfriend it took only 3 days. I guess it is based on how badly you are needed. Also, it is useless to inquire at the specific store you want to work. Kroger has hiring centers and associates at the stores can't help. They will only direct you to apply online.

Interview Questions
    • No question was difficult. Just google common interview questions and answers, and it's likely that is all will be asked.   Answer Question
    No negotioation. They have a starting rate. It is likely minimum wage. If you have experience with Kroger you can negotiate for a larger raise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Kroger in October 2009.

They didn't seem at all focused on my interview, they looked like they were in LA LA land

No negotations

Anonymous Employee  in  Dacula, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Dacula, GA

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Kroger in September 2011.

not professional interview. asked me questions about religion.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elizabethtown, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabethtown, KY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger.

The interview was pretty formal and easy. The Associate Manager was the one that did the interviewing and she just asked the basic retail questions. It seems that if you get an interview you'll more than likely get the job as long as you don't say anything that would jeopardize that. The manager actually spent more time talking about the company than actually asking questions. She also liked the fact that I was in college since many of the employees there were attending a college or university. They also do an oral drug test with you right away in the office after the interview.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't any negotiation. If you have experience they will negotiate pay, but if not then you will start out with the minimum amount.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kroger in February 2011.

They will hire anyone as long as you have a good record and you pass the drug test

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Morehead, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morehead, KY

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kroger in May 2009.

Very simple, fill out an electronic application. Go in for interview, HR manager seems only concerned about making sure you are clean and drug "free"

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, MS

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in October 2012.

I applied online. I was contacted 2 weeks later for an interview. I arrived early, and had to wait. The interviewer finally came to interview me. Was immediately asked to see my indentification and SS card. She copied it, then proceeded to give me papers describing the duties of cashier and courtesy clerk. I was asked questions regarding education, past experience, scheduling availability, customer service, and why did I want to work for Kroger. She went over the pay scale, training, scheduling, dress code, lunch/breaks, and insurance. Afterwards, I was given an oral drug test and back ground check. Exactly one week later, I was contacted to come in and do paperwork. Training was then scheduled.