Kroger Courtesy Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Dayton, OH).

Interview

I sat down with the Customer Service Manager and she asked me some questions. After that I was told I got the job, and had to fill out paperwork and told I had to submit a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Kroger?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Interview

Interview at Kroger atlanta ga great place had to wait a while but once i was interviewed he said he would give me a chance and i took the drug test trying to wait on it to come bk

Interview Questions

• How long do it take a drug test to come bk i took it tuesday 8/11/15   1 Answer

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kroger in August 2015.

Interview

I applied to Kroger online , it took about two weeks for Kroger to call me. I got a mini interview over the phone and was only asked 3 Questions , 1. Why do I want to work at Kroger , 2. Would I be willing to work weekends and holidays 3. Would I be okay with bagging and getting shopping carts. After I hung up , I received an email and the gentleman sent me the Information for an in person interview. I went in for my interview Tuesday and was hired right away. Saturday is orientation for me. Really easy, I was nervous considering this is my first job. The interviewer was a very nice lady , she was also silly.

Interview Questions

• What didn't I like in my previous job ? She knew I never had a job so she told me to relate it to school or anything I've ever done.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Smile a lot, sit up straight and keep good eye contact. Be very respectful. We went over how much I would make and when I would work.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Simple and basic, no surprises and was extremely laid back and short. Definitely nothing to fear. Pass the drug test and you're golden. I think my interview was five minutes at most to be honest.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nash, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kroger (Nash, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

You are asked to complete a availability sheet then you are asked several questions about your skills, how you would contribute to Kroger and how you think of the environment of their stores.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Richmond, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

Asked standard questions about customer service and such. Seemed like a standard interview for my position and the others, no questions were too position-specific. Interviewers were nice and seemed interested in the interview.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Detroit, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, they called me the next day and asked me a few questions. After the short phone call, I was emailed a background check and the confirmation of my interview. They gave me an interview time to come in a couple days later.

Interview Questions

• What is customer service to you?   1 Answer

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kroger in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call the next morning. They told me what job openings there were and then asked me a few questions. Why I wanted to work for them, and what great customer service was to me. They asked me to set up an interview in store. I arrived to the interview and was told to go into the break room and wait. It was kind of awkward because there were a lot of employees taking a break. No one talked to me or acknowledged me. After about 15 minutes a women came in and asked me what I was there for. She told me to follow her and we went into an office. She asked me my name and what position I was interviewing for. She told me a bit about the position and asked me "Tell me about yourself." That was it. I wasn't asked my qualification (I have almost 5 year of retail experience) no "Tell me a time" questions. She didn't write anything down besides my name and a phone number. The interview lasted less than 5 minutes. Two days later I received an email telling me they went with someone who better fit the position. A blessing because I didn't know how to go about saying no thank you. Maybe the store I was at was just a bit strange.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Received a phone call asking if I was still interested in a position. The position was for a courtesy clerk but after 90 days I could get another position where my job skills would be better for me, since a had a good work history and job skills. The interview was fairly easy. Asked why I wanted to work for Kroger. Also how I would contribute to the company. Basically wanted to see if I would be a dependable and a hard working employee.

Interview Questions

• How flexible is your work schedule?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bay City, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Bay City, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

Rushed simple. They did not ask typical questions, they only wanted to know my work history and my experience with cash registers. I got the job the same day as the interview but had difficulty reaching the manager that hired me i called several times. Very unorganized.