Kroger Courtesy Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2015
Updated Apr 11, 2015

1.5

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kroger (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and took about 30 minutes to finish. 4 days later I got a call from them. They reviewed when I could work; they said for now there's no open positions. However, the lady said she put on file for open positions in the future. Don't no if that means anything.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger (Ypsilanti, MI) in December 2014.

Interview

I needed my social security number
    Asked me general question
        Why do I want this job
        Common Courtesy questions
        Drug Test
        Results
        Job offering

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger (Decatur, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got called Sunday morning to come in for a group interview. Introductions and asked about hobbies. Asked 2 write answers to two questions, then tell your answers to the group, Then you leave for 10 minutes to see if you're selected for one on one interview. In my group of 10,only 3 were selected and I wasn't one of them. Kind of a waste of time, as I had other interviews that I didn't attend or postpone because of this one.

Interview Questions

• Name five things that make a great shopping experience?
      If you saw a mom with 3 small kids and a full cart ,what would you do

Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kroger (Fort Worth, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Knock out the (fairly extensive) paperwork online, and you can be drug-tested and hired at the interview.

For a five-store north-Texas area, interviews (for all positions) were in groups. Each person in the group stood to introduce him/herself and then read or summarized answers to four multi-part, written questions.

1. What was your best job? What appealed to you about it? What did you not like?

2. What was the worst job you've had? Why didn't you like it?

3. What do you think are the most important skills for use in customer service? Describe a time you used these skills.

4. What attributes or characteristics of yours do you feel could use more development?

My group was pretty strong—lots of bright 15-year-olds—and everyone (except the guy who fled) was hired.

Interview Questions

• What attributes or characteristics of yours do you feel could use more development?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not applicable: the barely-above-minimum wage rates are preset by collective contract.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger in October 2014.

Interview

applyed on line called the next day went for interview was very easy offered job a week later,two weeks later went for orenation and training waiting to be put on schedule

Interview Questions

Negotiation

easy

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger (Flushing, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Typical boring application - name, DOB, SSN, work experience, previous addresses, at least two references, and the always-fun personality questionnaire. I was called in for an interview in two days, and I did it on the same day. I also did the drug and background check on the same day. Five days later, I was asked to come in to show my ID and other stuff to prove I'm a citizen. I used my ID and Social Security card. Birth certificate counts as well. Oh yeah, the interview! Interview was fairly simple. Questions consisted of the following:

"Provide an example of when you provided great customer service."
    "What does 'customer service' mean to you?"
    "Provide an example of when you had to work on many tasks at once."
    "Provide an example of a time when you had to handle an angry customer."
    Generic questions about previous jobs

Interview Questions

• The questions regarding the brevity of some of my other jobs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Seriously?

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger in October 2014.

Interview

I filled out a application online. They called back I think a week later. The next day was the interview it was a group interview with about 12 people and he asked us 2 "which situation would you handle first" type question. If he called your name he wanted to interview you 1 on 1. During that interview he asked why should we hire you, what makes you a good fit, went over your application. After he said he will called you and let you know if he wanted to interview you for the 2nd time if not he you didn't get the job. He called back 2 says later had the 2nd interview was offered the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation take it or leave it

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kroger in October 2014.

Interview

I was told Kroger was hiring so I filled out an online application at 1 or 2 am. That next morning after I woke up I called at around 9am, asked to speak to the hiring manager and said that I filled out an online application, she said for me to come in for an interview at 12 lunch time that day. The interview was basically just reviewing my application and confirming that I filled everything out correctly. The next morning she called around 8 am and asked me to come in for a background check and drug test. This was on a Friday. (All happened from Wednesday night to Friday) she told me the results would take 3-5 business days. So Saturday and Sunday didn't count. Monday was the first day then Tuesday the second then today on Wednesday I called and asked if my results were in. She immediately responded saying yes! Could you come on in tomorrow at 9 for orientation? So it's pretty much official now! I recommend to be VERY friendly. Don't be all quiet and shy. I told her I was nervous because it's my first job and we kind of just joked around and talked. The main manager was also present he didn't talk much but he kept a mean, intimidating face the entire time. I shook their hands! Both of them, which I think really helped in making me look good. I thanked them and left.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to go out in rain, heat, snow, sleet, etc to get buggies?   Answer Question
    • Can you lift 60 pounds from underneath a buggy? Such as a huge bag of dog food.   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to work weekends & holidays?   Answer Question
    • These were just some of the "different" questions that they maybe don't ask at other jobs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I have orientation tomorrow!

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kroger (Zanesville, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

I filled out an online application, within 2 weeks I was called and an interview was set up, the interview consisted of a few questions, a saliva drug test and a background check, an orientation was set up and I was trained and working on my own within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position?   1 Answer

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Simply applying online and waiting for a response. I recommend looking up who the recruiter is and emailing them that you have applied online it can help. Most likely the orientation is set by groups. Consider the Orientation as a You are Hired at least unless you fail the drug test or choose to decline the job at the last second for whatever reason you choose.