Kroger

Average Difficulty
33 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Courtesy Clerk

I applied online and interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details – It took several weeks of me calling them and on the day of the interview the hiring manager forgot and was an hour late. We had the interview in the employees only office and she just asked me questions from the application. Remember what you wrote on the app.

Interview Question – Basic questions. Nothing too bad.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I had to be content with minimum wage.

Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details – I was originally interviewed to be a courtesy clerk and they just asked the basic questions of a typical interview and then told me what I was going to be paid per hour starting out. They also assigned me to the store I would work. They also did a mouth swab drug test.

Negotiation Details – Its a two-tier union pay scale where part-time is paid less than full-time.

Baytown, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kroger in February 2013.

Interview Details – They will give you a call and set you up with an interview at a kroger store location. It will be a group interview ranging up to 10 people give or take. They will ask you questions about Kroger and questions about your life. They will also ask you what can you offer if you were to to be hired. Always best to answer questions first.

Interview Question – When they ask everyone to state their past experiences and jobs and why they left that job.   Answer Question

Marion, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in June 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online at Kroger's website. Called my local Kroger HR manager's office phone once every week to check the status of my application. On the third week, I was called on my cell phone to attend an interview. What I discovered was that the "interview" was actually orientation, and that my application had already been more or less accepted.

Interview Question – No questions were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations were not an option. The positions available were take-it-or-leave-it.

Interviewed at Kroger

Interview Details – To begin the process an online application and an assessment is required. It is followed by an an person interview with hiring manager. Background check and drug tests are required but the drug test is done after you pass the background check. It seemed fairly standard.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you helped someone you did not know, in the past two weeks   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none

Courtesy Clerk

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details – very easy just confirmed info hired on spot. The background check and drug test took FOREVER to come back 2 weeks and that was with no criminal record. coulda asked more qestions

Dearborn Heights, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details – The interview was very easy and quick . I was called the day after I applied for my interview.I was asked about my skills, work history, hobbies etc. I was given a drug test than told I would be called back soon. last than two days later I was called for orientation. The next day a lady from costumer service called me to work a 6 hour shift. The worse thing about it is I was never trained.

Atlanta, GA

I interviewed at Kroger in June 2010.

Interview Details – One interview, have to bug the mess out of hiring manager because they are so busy.
Drug test same day as interview.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Courtesy Clerk

I applied online and interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details – Pretty simple. Mainly behavioral questions, just be yourself and extremely outgoing.

Interview Question – How would you handle an unsatisfied customer?   Answer Question

Ypsilanti, MI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kroger in February 2013.

Interview Details – Get called for an interview, if they like you they drug test you that same sitting, wait for the test to come back go in to fill out paper work. You have ten hours of computer training you have to complete before you get put on schedule and I had to travel to a different store for store training, which was a waste of time because you're really only learning the history of Kroger and nothing to do with your job title but at least that part is paid. On your first day of actual work you get dragged around and shown what to do and where everything is

Interview Question – What can you do for this company   Answer Question

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!