Kroger Courtesy Clerk Interview Questions & Reviews

34 interviews

1.4

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Courtesy Clerk Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Kroger.

Simply applying online and waiting for a response. I recommend looking up who the recruiter is and emailing them that you have applied online it can help. Most likely the orientation is set by groups. Consider the Orientation as a You are Hired at least unless you fail the drug test or choose to decline the job at the last second for whatever reason you choose.

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Courtesy Clerk Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Kroger.

It took several weeks of me calling them and on the day of the interview the hiring manager forgot and was an hour late. We had the interview in the employees only office and she just asked me questions from the application. Remember what you wrote on the app.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. I had to be content with minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Kroger.

I was originally interviewed to be a courtesy clerk and they just asked the basic questions of a typical interview and then told me what I was going to be paid per hour starting out. They also assigned me to the store I would work. They also did a mouth swab drug test.

Its a two-tier union pay scale where part-time is paid less than full-time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baytown, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Kroger in February 2013.

They will give you a call and set you up with an interview at a kroger store location. It will be a group interview ranging up to 10 people give or take. They will ask you questions about Kroger and questions about your life. They will also ask you what can you offer if you were to to be hired. Always best to answer questions first.

Interview Questions
    • When they ask everyone to state their past experiences and jobs and why they left that job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marion, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marion, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in June 2010.

Applied online at Kroger's website. Called my local Kroger HR manager's office phone once every week to check the status of my application. On the third week, I was called on my cell phone to attend an interview. What I discovered was that the "interview" was actually orientation, and that my application had already been more or less accepted.

Interview Questions
    Negotiations were not an option. The positions available were take-it-or-leave-it.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

To begin the process an online application and an assessment is required. It is followed by an an person interview with hiring manager. Background check and drug tests are required but the drug test is done after you pass the background check. It seemed fairly standard.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you helped someone you did not know, in the past two weeks   Answer Question
    There was none

Courtesy Clerk Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Kroger.

very easy just confirmed info hired on spot. The background check and drug test took FOREVER to come back 2 weeks and that was with no criminal record. coulda asked more qestions

Anonymous Employee  in  Dearborn Heights, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Dearborn Heights, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger.

The interview was very easy and quick . I was called the day after I applied for my interview.I was asked about my skills, work history, hobbies etc. I was given a drug test than told I would be called back soon. last than two days later I was called for orientation. The next day a lady from costumer service called me to work a 6 hour shift. The worse thing about it is I was never trained.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

interviewed at Kroger in June 2010.

One interview, have to bug the mess out of hiring manager because they are so busy.
    Drug test same day as interview.

none

Courtesy Clerk Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Kroger.

Pretty simple. Mainly behavioral questions, just be yourself and extremely outgoing.

Interview Questions

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!