Kroger

1.5

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger in November 2014.

Applied online, got called Sunday morning to come in for a group interview. Introductions and asked about hobbies. Asked 2 write answers to two questions, then tell your answers to the group, Then you leave for 10 minutes to see if you're selected for one on one interview. In my group of 10,only 3 were selected and I wasn't one of them. Kind of a waste of time, as I had other interviews that I didn't attend or postpone because of this one.

Interview Questions
  • Name five things that make a great shopping experience?
    If you saw a mom with 3 small kids and a full cart ,what would you do
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Courtesy Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger in October 2014.

I filled out a application online. They called back I think a week later. The next day was the interview it was a group interview with about 12 people and he asked us 2 "which situation would you handle first" type question. If he called your name he wanted to interview you 1 on 1. During that interview he asked why should we hire you, what makes you a good fit, went over your application. After he said he will called you and let you know if he wanted to interview you for the 2nd time if not he you didn't get the job. He called back 2 says later had the 2nd interview was offered the job

Interview Questions
    No Negotiation take it or leave it

Courtesy Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kroger in October 2014.

I was told Kroger was hiring so I filled out an online application at 1 or 2 am. That next morning after I woke up I called at around 9am, asked to speak to the hiring manager and said that I filled out an online application, she said for me to come in for an interview at 12 lunch time that day. The interview was basically just reviewing my application and confirming that I filled everything out correctly. The next morning she called around 8 am and asked me to come in for a background check and drug test. This was on a Friday. (All happened from Wednesday night to Friday) she told me the results would take 3-5 business days. So Saturday and Sunday didn't count. Monday was the first day then Tuesday the second then today on Wednesday I called and asked if my results were in. She immediately responded saying yes! Could you come on in tomorrow at 9 for orientation? So it's pretty much official now! I recommend to be VERY friendly. Don't be all quiet and shy. I told her I was nervous because it's my first job and we kind of just joked around and talked. The main manager was also present he didn't talk much but he kept a mean, intimidating face the entire time. I shook their hands! Both of them, which I think really helped in making me look good. I thanked them and left.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to go out in rain, heat, snow, sleet, etc to get buggies?   Answer Question
    • Can you lift 60 pounds from underneath a buggy? Such as a huge bag of dog food.   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to work weekends & holidays?   Answer Question
    • These were just some of the "different" questions that they maybe don't ask at other jobs.   Answer Question
    I have orientation tomorrow!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kroger in October 2014.

Knock out the (fairly extensive) paperwork online, and you can be drug-tested and hired at the interview.

For a five-store north-Texas area, interviews (for all positions) were in groups. Each person in the group stood to introduce him/herself and then read or summarized answers to four multi-part, written questions.

1. What was your best job? What appealed to you about it? What did you not like?

2. What was the worst job you've had? Why didn't you like it?

3. What do you think are the most important skills for use in customer service? Describe a time you used these skills.

4. What attributes or characteristics of yours do you feel could use more development?

My group was pretty strong—lots of bright 15-year-olds—and everyone (except the guy who fled) was hired.

Interview Questions
    • What attributes or characteristics of yours do you feel could use more development?   Answer Question
    Not applicable: the barely-above-minimum wage rates are preset by collective contract.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger in October 2014.

applyed on line called the next day went for interview was very easy offered job a week later,two weeks later went for orenation and training waiting to be put on schedule

easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger in October 2014.

Applied online. Typical boring application - name, DOB, SSN, work experience, previous addresses, at least two references, and the always-fun personality questionnaire. I was called in for an interview in two days, and I did it on the same day. I also did the drug and background check on the same day. Five days later, I was asked to come in to show my ID and other stuff to prove I'm a citizen. I used my ID and Social Security card. Birth certificate counts as well. Oh yeah, the interview! Interview was fairly simple. Questions consisted of the following:

"Provide an example of when you provided great customer service."
    "What does 'customer service' mean to you?"
    "Provide an example of when you had to work on many tasks at once."
    "Provide an example of a time when you had to handle an angry customer."
    Generic questions about previous jobs

Interview Questions
    • The questions regarding the brevity of some of my other jobs.   Answer Question
    Seriously?

Courtesy Clerk Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kroger.

Simply applying online and waiting for a response. I recommend looking up who the recruiter is and emailing them that you have applied online it can help. Most likely the orientation is set by groups. Consider the Orientation as a You are Hired at least unless you fail the drug test or choose to decline the job at the last second for whatever reason you choose.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger in August 2014.

Kroger asks you a bunch of questions like what does customer service mean to you? They are looking for someone who is open, communicative, and has good body language. Try to project your friendliness toward the hiring manager, make eye contact, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult of the interview is when they ask if you have customer service experience or any situations that you had to someone you were serving. How would you respond when a customer is angry at you.   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger.

It took several weeks of me calling them and on the day of the interview the hiring manager forgot and was an hour late. We had the interview in the employees only office and she just asked me questions from the application. Remember what you wrote on the app.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. I had to be content with minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kroger.

I was originally interviewed to be a courtesy clerk and they just asked the basic questions of a typical interview and then told me what I was going to be paid per hour starting out. They also assigned me to the store I would work. They also did a mouth swab drug test.

Its a two-tier union pay scale where part-time is paid less than full-time.