Kroger

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Augusta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details – Very common interview process. After submitting an application, I received a phone call to set up an interview. Then, submitted a drug test and continued on to orientation.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary, a typical interview.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in January 2012.

Interview Details – I put in my application shortly after my son was born, around the 5th of January, and received a call for an interview about a week later. They gave me the address of the regional store i was to be interviewed (and later, trained). Unfortunately, it was nearly 20 miles, and at the time i didn't have a car. exceptionally strange, considering the store i applied to was literally a mile from my house.

At the interview (for a cashier position), i was left waiting for quite some time, before i was let into the office. When i got into the room, i was told i needed my social security card and a picture ID. I had the ID, but was told over the phone that they would not need my social at the interview, so it was left at home.

I was given an hour to go home and get it, which i managed (i was driving my brothers truck) but when i got back to the office i was told to keep it 'for now'.

I was asked all the questions i would associate with a 'normal intervied' with no extremely strange ones standing out.

-Are you in school?
-What's your major?
-Does your school schedule change?
-Where have you worked before?
-What were your responsibilities?
-What is your reason for leaving?

And other variations of that. At one point, after the question survey, i mentioned to the interviewing manager (i forget her name) that i was a new father, and the conversation segwayed into breastfeeding. From there, she mentioned that she was a mother herself and showed me a picture of her family. Shortly after that, i was offered the job on the spot.

At that point, she did take my social security card to copy, and i took an oral drug test. i left the building basically assured that if i passed the drug test the job was mine.

Interview Question – If i would be available for at least three years, due to my college course work.   Answer Question

Hurricane, WV

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Kroger in April 2011.

Interview Details – There was one interview. They called me 2 days after i filled out my online application. The woman who interviewed me was super nice and friendly, i felt right at home. They didn't really ask me any questions. Just the basic questions, example: "When can you start?" They did a drug test, it was one of those strips that you put in your mouth, it tasted horrible. the drug test took 24 hours, and she let me now when i was to start. I did 3 days of computer training. It was nice to know what i was doing before they put me to work. Lots of safety classes, bagging classes, cashier classes, customer service classes. Also video lessons, and visual lessons with managers. I felt well prepared before i started actually working. They gave me 2 work shirts.

Interview Question – Pay period? When is payday? what days am i getting paid for?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kroger

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kroger Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kroger employees and interview candidates.