Kroger

1.5

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kroger.

good interview, broken promises. First they were upbeat, then suddenly you were annoying. They seemed very impressed, then it seemed like the thrill was gone after folloup phone calls.

not much

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger.

Very common interview process. After submitting an application, I received a phone call to set up an interview. Then, submitted a drug test and continued on to orientation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger in January 2012.

I put in my application shortly after my son was born, around the 5th of January, and received a call for an interview about a week later. They gave me the address of the regional store i was to be interviewed (and later, trained). Unfortunately, it was nearly 20 miles, and at the time i didn't have a car. exceptionally strange, considering the store i applied to was literally a mile from my house.

At the interview (for a cashier position), i was left waiting for quite some time, before i was let into the office. When i got into the room, i was told i needed my social security card and a picture ID. I had the ID, but was told over the phone that they would not need my social at the interview, so it was left at home.

I was given an hour to go home and get it, which i managed (i was driving my brothers truck) but when i got back to the office i was told to keep it 'for now'.

I was asked all the questions i would associate with a 'normal intervied' with no extremely strange ones standing out.

-Are you in school?
    -What's your major?
    -Does your school schedule change?
    -Where have you worked before?
    -What were your responsibilities?
    -What is your reason for leaving?

And other variations of that. At one point, after the question survey, i mentioned to the interviewing manager (i forget her name) that i was a new father, and the conversation segwayed into breastfeeding. From there, she mentioned that she was a mother herself and showed me a picture of her family. Shortly after that, i was offered the job on the spot.

At that point, she did take my social security card to copy, and i took an oral drug test. i left the building basically assured that if i passed the drug test the job was mine.

Interview Questions
    • If i would be available for at least three years, due to my college course work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hurricane, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hurricane, WV

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kroger in April 2011.

There was one interview. They called me 2 days after i filled out my online application. The woman who interviewed me was super nice and friendly, i felt right at home. They didn't really ask me any questions. Just the basic questions, example: "When can you start?" They did a drug test, it was one of those strips that you put in your mouth, it tasted horrible. the drug test took 24 hours, and she let me now when i was to start. I did 3 days of computer training. It was nice to know what i was doing before they put me to work. Lots of safety classes, bagging classes, cashier classes, customer service classes. Also video lessons, and visual lessons with managers. I felt well prepared before i started actually working. They gave me 2 work shirts.

Interview Questions
    • Pay period? When is payday? what days am i getting paid for?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harper Woods, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harper Woods, MI

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kroger in January 2010.

When filling out the online application there is a very long behavioral portion. The interview was less of an interview and more of a Drug test. After the drug test was cleared I was called in to discuss position and pay. Potential use was predetermined through the screening process.

Interview Questions
    Easy. There were two potential positions open I could have filled and I selected that which best worked to me disposition.