Kroger Deli Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.0

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Kroger.

Interview

I was called in for an interview. After that a mouth swab test. Then I had to go to an three or four hour orientation. The next step was to do computer work.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger in October 2014.

Interview

I was called for interview Oct 7, 2014, went there on the same day. Its an easy one, its a group interview wherein 4 questions need to be answered,had drug test right after, followed by background check..until now still waiting for there call when to have an orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

salary is fixed

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kroger in July 2014.

Interview

First off, I just want to say that one of the best times to apply for a job is during the summer between may and september. lots of people are heading off to college and quitting their jobs.
    Anyway, I applied online for multiple locations in my area around july and maybe 3 weeks later I got a voice mail message from a manager asking me to come in. I got in touch with him and we scheduled a time to meet at the store in his office. In my case, I wouldn't really call what I had an "interview" it really just felt like a conversation where we talked about my education, my personality, and just life in general. I basically had the job before the "interview" but I feel my case was not ordinary. I did a drug test but I didn't have to go to a facility or anything. We did the drug test right there in the office. I had to put something in my mouth and they sent that off to a lab. I also did a background check on a computer and that took 3 weeks to come back. I've now been working for Kroger for about 6 months and it's been good so far.

Interview Questions

• Nothing. It was like having a conversation. Just answer the questions like the human you are and from my experience you should be fine. As long as it is not apparent that you obviously do drugs or have a sketchy presence about you, you should be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Starting salary for me was $7.30

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kroger in June 2014.

Interview

Interview process was super easy, just a simple group interview. They ask us what our favorite item in the store was then they asked to try to sell them that item as if they had never been introduced to it before. Just be charismatic and available and you'll get the job. It also wouldn't hurt to mention how important you think customer service is.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to difficult just be charismatic and available.   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger (Clear Lake, TX).

Interview

I had one interview it was brief. I was hired because of my background in food service.

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger in March 2013.

Interview

Did an online application, got a call back within a few days from the Hiring Manager to come in for a interview, the manager had a list of like 25 questions she asked only 10. Was offered the job on the spot as long as I pass the drug test and background check. Got my results in 3 days and started training 2 days after. The whole process took about a week in a half.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions but the interviewer wanted to know why I wanted to work in the Deli department.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation period

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger (Roanoke, VA) in November 2012.

Interview

One call from head of human resources to set up interview with store manager, then a drug test and background check, then a second interview to review findings of test and check and to finalize hire (taxes, uniform, name-tag, etc). Training at district headquarters and then training in department.

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kroger (Plymouth, MI) in October 2012.

Interview

I was asked questions regarding my personality and job experience and drug tested on the spot. I was promised a full-time position, only ended up receiving <24 hours a week. Terrible place to work. After 3 years you get a half of a dollar raise, after a year you get a week vacation.

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger (Shelbyville, IN) in August 2012.

Interview

Interview process was very easy. Took some time to get in for an interview once phone contact was made. Hold up was due to waiting on background check to come through. Expected hourly wage was communicated by interviewer during interview. Hired at end of interview.

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kroger (Seattle, WA) in February 2012.

Interview

A lot of questions about old jobs, 'name a time when you helped somebody' sort of questions.
    They also ask about what your goals in life are career wise.