Kroger

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Fuel Center Clerk Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kroger in June 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and they called me a few weeks later to come in for an interview. The manager offered me the job at the interview as long as I could pass the background and drug test. He called me the next week to come back in for the drug test. A week after that they called to begin training. The whole process took a while.

Interview Question – The questions were all straight forward typical questions, like why do you want to work here and tell us about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation, they offered me minimum wage.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Easy Interview

Fuel Center Clerk Interview

Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in October 2012.

Interview Details – Very easy interview. Basic questions asked, no surprises. Asked about availability (fuel center hours are 6AM-11PM). Asked about why I want a job. Asked about experience with customer-facing jobs.
No negotiations for salary; Kroger is a union shop and usually there are set scales for pay in different jobs.
Advice for an interview with Kroger: be friendly, dress nicely, arrive a little before scheduled time, say "please", "thank you", and (if appropriate in your area of the country) "yes ma'm" and "yes sir".

Interview Question – No hard questions asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiating

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Kroger

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kroger Fuel Center Clerk interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Kroger employees and interview candidates.