Kroger

1.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger in March 2013.

I had zero experience as a cashier, so was put in the fuel center. Not nearly enough training. You are ON YOUR OWN out there. No back-up, if you need help..it "might" show up...in 5 minutes...or 30 minutes. No back ups trained.

Interview Questions
Zero. take it or leave it.

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger in October 2012.

Very easy interview. Basic questions asked, no surprises. Asked about availability (fuel center hours are 6AM-11PM). Asked about why I want a job. Asked about experience with customer-facing jobs.
    No negotiations for salary; Kroger is a union shop and usually there are set scales for pay in different jobs.
    Advice for an interview with Kroger: be friendly, dress nicely, arrive a little before scheduled time, say "please", "thank you", and (if appropriate in your area of the country) "yes ma'm" and "yes sir".

no negotiating

Fuel Center Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kroger in June 2011.

I applied online and they called me a few weeks later to come in for an interview. The manager offered me the job at the interview as long as I could pass the background and drug test. He called me the next week to come back in for the drug test. A week after that they called to begin training. The whole process took a while.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all straight forward typical questions, like why do you want to work here and tell us about yourself.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation, they offered me minimum wage.