Kroger

42 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger in November 2014.

Applied online, got called Sunday morning to come in for a group interview. Introductions and asked about hobbies. Asked 2 write answers to two questions, then tell your answers to the group, Then you leave for 10 minutes to see if you're selected for one on one interview. In my group of 10,only 3 were selected and I wasn't one of them. Kind of a waste of time, as I had other interviews that I didn't attend or postpone because of this one.

Interview Questions
    • Name five things that make a great shopping experience?
      If you saw a mom with 3 small kids and a full cart ,what would you do

Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kroger.

good interview, broken promises. First they were upbeat, then suddenly you were annoying. They seemed very impressed, then it seemed like the thrill was gone after folloup phone calls.

not much

Courtesy Clerk/Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Kroger in September 2014.

The interview took about 20 mins because I had to take a oral drug test and she did a background check so I will get my results for those in a week.

Interview Questions
    • I was only asked 2 questions . What does customer service means to you?
      what would you where on your way to the restroom and a customer asks you what aisle is the collard greens on?

Answer Question
    Don't be nervous or shy be kind, respectful, and keep a smile on your face.

Front End Employees Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kroger in July 2014.

10 minutes. Cursory review of application. If you can fog a mirror & make an "X"on the doted line, you are in.

They seek anyone that will work that states they can work all 7 days of the week.

Interview Questions
    • When can you start & can you pass a cotton swab drug test.   Answer Question
    Not applicable. All positions are UNION scaled & slotted at hourly wages. Although you may get a "bump" with prior retail experience.

Meat Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger in July 2014.

Went through two different interviews. First was just a basic answer questions. Then they will call you back for drug test and papers to go to an offsite training facility. The training was long and boring and consisted of two days. Really did not learn much. The hours are long and usually alone and they leave you lists of things to do every day.

Pay is already set

Part-Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kroger in July 2014.

It was easy on july 22 i called at like 2:00 pm and i got an interview during that call at 6:00 pm it was GREAT and easy. Now tommorow i go in for training.
    Im 17 and was able to negotiate ALOT of HOURS which is exactly what i wanted.
    I got 25-28 hours for this job
    Now i can work directly after school and can work AS MANY as hours as i want
    Im currently a resident in
    Roswell, Georgia

Just go in with a smile and MAKE SURE
    You call back within 24 hours
    You never know what happened to me could happen to you....

Meat Cutter, So I Was Told Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Douglasville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Douglasville, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kroger in May 2014.

initial call after online app was pretty quick but it took about 10 days to get to the inerview, then another 5 days to come back for drug testing, then nearly three weeks before I was called.(I thought I'd failed the drug test). the interview include 9 applicants

Interview Questions
    • None. We were mainly informed about the importance of customer service   View Answer
    there was no negotiation. I am ashamed to say that I didn't know what to expect when I got my first check. I went in on blind faith that I would be paid what meat cutters are normally paid in this area $10-12/hr

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger.

Very common interview process. After submitting an application, I received a phone call to set up an interview. Then, submitted a drug test and continued on to orientation.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kroger in February 2014.

I applied online about two months ago and they called for an initial interview 3 weeks ago. The first initial interview was a few questions over the phone to clarify information and just a few simple things, example being "are you still interested in working for Kroger?" After that interview I was invited to come into the store to do a face-to-face interview with a manager of the store the next week. Went in early, and the interview lasted about 5 minutes overall. Literally no questions were asked, but the application was reviewed and had a small conversation. Was actually forced to ask questions instead of being asked myself. Was basically hired after being asked when I would like to start, then told that their HR manager/secretary would give me a call in order to set up a drug test time. Exactly a week later I get a call back, from the same store but from a different number, the HR manager/secretary said that my drug test had come back clean (even though I was never contacted beforehand to go take one) and that they were doing a background check and waiting for it to come back.

Interview Questions
    • Most companies ask you "why do you want to work for ____?" I was asked "What can Kroger do for you?" So just be prepared for a mix up of questioning.   Answer Question

I declined because of the company doing very weird things. For example, saying I cleared a drug test that I never took, and calling me using two different phone numbers.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kroger in December 2013.

Did the application online, called in to leave name with customer care, few days later I got called in for an interview with HR, got my second interview with the store manager the same day. After interview was over they said they had more people to interview and then they'll all sit down and call in the best people for the positions. following sunday I was called and was asked to come in for background check an drug test was hired!

Interview Questions
    • She really didn't ask too many questions, I did the most talking and asking questions.   Answer Question
    I was originally supposed to be hired in deli department but since I had more experience as a cashier I got hired as a cashier here too.