Kroger Interview Questions in Georgia

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

1.9

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger (North Atlanta, GA).

Interview

as long as you showed up on time and dont seem like too much of a screw up you have the job in the bag, when getting interviewed it was more of getting all your paperwork and drug tests done (which is a saliva test)

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger (Decatur, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got called Sunday morning to come in for a group interview. Introductions and asked about hobbies. Asked 2 write answers to two questions, then tell your answers to the group, Then you leave for 10 minutes to see if you're selected for one on one interview. In my group of 10,only 3 were selected and I wasn't one of them. Kind of a waste of time, as I had other interviews that I didn't attend or postpone because of this one.

Interview Questions

• Name five things that make a great shopping experience?
      If you saw a mom with 3 small kids and a full cart ,what would you do

Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kroger (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

good interview, broken promises. First they were upbeat, then suddenly you were annoying. They seemed very impressed, then it seemed like the thrill was gone after folloup phone calls.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not much

Courtesy Clerk/Bagger Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Kroger (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview took about 20 mins because I had to take a oral drug test and she did a background check so I will get my results for those in a week.

Interview Questions

• I was only asked 2 questions . What does customer service means to you?
      what would you where on your way to the restroom and a customer asks you what aisle is the collard greens on?

Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't be nervous or shy be kind, respectful, and keep a smile on your face.

Front End Employees Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kroger (Atlanta, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

10 minutes. Cursory review of application. If you can fog a mirror & make an "X"on the doted line, you are in.

They seek anyone that will work that states they can work all 7 days of the week.

Interview Questions

• When can you start & can you pass a cotton swab drug test.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not applicable. All positions are UNION scaled & slotted at hourly wages. Although you may get a "bump" with prior retail experience.

Meat Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger (Roswell, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

Went through two different interviews. First was just a basic answer questions. Then they will call you back for drug test and papers to go to an offsite training facility. The training was long and boring and consisted of two days. Really did not learn much. The hours are long and usually alone and they leave you lists of things to do every day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay is already set

Part-Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kroger (Roswell, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

It was easy on july 22 i called at like 2:00 pm and i got an interview during that call at 6:00 pm it was GREAT and easy. Now tommorow i go in for training.
    Im 17 and was able to negotiate ALOT of HOURS which is exactly what i wanted.
    I got 25-28 hours for this job
    Now i can work directly after school and can work AS MANY as hours as i want
    Im currently a resident in
    Roswell, Georgia

Interview Questions

• How could you make our business boom?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just go in with a smile and MAKE SURE
    You call back within 24 hours
    You never know what happened to me could happen to you....

Grocery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger (Carrollton, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

Group interview. The hiring manager basically wrote the names of the people that 1- were texting, 2- didn't say anything during the group discussions, or 3- looked wierd, had too many tatoos, or were dressed improperly, and didn't hire them.

After the rejects were called out of the room, the manager told us we were all hired.

Meat Cutter, So I Was Told Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kroger (Douglasville, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

initial call after online app was pretty quick but it took about 10 days to get to the inerview, then another 5 days to come back for drug testing, then nearly three weeks before I was called.(I thought I'd failed the drug test). the interview include 9 applicants

Interview Questions

• None. We were mainly informed about the importance of customer service   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation. I am ashamed to say that I didn't know what to expect when I got my first check. I went in on blind faith that I would be paid what meat cutters are normally paid in this area $10-12/hr

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger (Augusta, GA).

Interview

Very common interview process. After submitting an application, I received a phone call to set up an interview. Then, submitted a drug test and continued on to orientation.