Kroger Interview Questions in Georgia

1.9

39 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Kroger.

good interview, broken promises. First they were upbeat, then suddenly you were annoying. They seemed very impressed, then it seemed like the thrill was gone after folloup phone calls.

not much

Courtesy Clerk/Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Kroger in September 2014.

The interview took about 20 mins because I had to take a oral drug test and she did a background check so I will get my results for those in a week.

Interview Questions
    • I was only asked 2 questions . What does customer service means to you?
      what would you where on your way to the restroom and a customer asks you what aisle is the collard greens on?
        Answer Question
    Don't be nervous or shy be kind, respectful, and keep a smile on your face.

Part-Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Roswell, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Kroger in July 2014.

It was easy on july 22 i called at like 2:00 pm and i got an interview during that call at 6:00 pm it was GREAT and easy. Now tommorow i go in for training.
    Im 17 and was able to negotiate ALOT of HOURS which is exactly what i wanted.
    I got 25-28 hours for this job
    Now i can work directly after school and can work AS MANY as hours as i want
    Im currently a resident in
    Roswell, Georgia

Just go in with a smile and MAKE SURE
    You call back within 24 hours
    You never know what happened to me could happen to you....

Meat Cutter, So I Was Told Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Douglasville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Douglasville, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kroger in May 2014.

initial call after online app was pretty quick but it took about 10 days to get to the inerview, then another 5 days to come back for drug testing, then nearly three weeks before I was called.(I thought I'd failed the drug test). the interview include 9 applicants

Interview Questions
    • None. We were mainly informed about the importance of customer service   View Answer
    there was no negotiation. I am ashamed to say that I didn't know what to expect when I got my first check. I went in on blind faith that I would be paid what meat cutters are normally paid in this area $10-12/hr

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Augusta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger.

Very common interview process. After submitting an application, I received a phone call to set up an interview. Then, submitted a drug test and continued on to orientation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fayetteville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in February 2014.

I applied online about two months ago and they called for an initial interview 3 weeks ago. The first initial interview was a few questions over the phone to clarify information and just a few simple things, example being "are you still interested in working for Kroger?" After that interview I was invited to come into the store to do a face-to-face interview with a manager of the store the next week. Went in early, and the interview lasted about 5 minutes overall. Literally no questions were asked, but the application was reviewed and had a small conversation. Was actually forced to ask questions instead of being asked myself. Was basically hired after being asked when I would like to start, then told that their HR manager/secretary would give me a call in order to set up a drug test time. Exactly a week later I get a call back, from the same store but from a different number, the HR manager/secretary said that my drug test had come back clean (even though I was never contacted beforehand to go take one) and that they were doing a background check and waiting for it to come back.

Interview Questions
    • Most companies ask you "why do you want to work for ____?" I was asked "What can Kroger do for you?" So just be prepared for a mix up of questioning.   Answer Question

I declined because of the company doing very weird things. For example, saying I cleared a drug test that I never took, and calling me using two different phone numbers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Kroger in December 2013.

Did the application online, called in to leave name with customer care, few days later I got called in for an interview with HR, got my second interview with the store manager the same day. After interview was over they said they had more people to interview and then they'll all sit down and call in the best people for the positions. following sunday I was called and was asked to come in for background check an drug test was hired!

Interview Questions
    • She really didn't ask too many questions, I did the most talking and asking questions.   Answer Question
    I was originally supposed to be hired in deli department but since I had more experience as a cashier I got hired as a cashier here too.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Suwanee, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwanee, GA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Kroger in August 2013.

20 min interview, drug test by saliva, told me I would paid minimum wage, hired on the spot, negotiable hours, asked where I went to school, how long I plan on staying, and an increase in wage 50 cents every six months

Quick and easy

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Kroger.

Say human resources she asked question about availability. Told me what job required and if I could do the job. Did a drug test on the spot. Waited 48 hrs for results and I was hired on.

Customer Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carrollton, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, GA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Kroger in April 2013.

An absolutely horrible interview process. There were about 20 of us in a room sitting around in a circle. Each of us were asked to describe ourselves, etc. They told four of us to come up from and he told us that we were not going to be offered a position. I should point out I was one of the few people being interviewed who had grocery experience and one of the few who is currently employed at a grocery store. I guess experience in grocery does not matter at Kroger.

Interview Questions
    • What is one word that best describes you.   View Answer

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!