Kroger Grocery Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger (Carrollton, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

Group interview. The hiring manager basically wrote the names of the people that 1- were texting, 2- didn't say anything during the group discussions, or 3- looked wierd, had too many tatoos, or were dressed improperly, and didn't hire them.

After the rejects were called out of the room, the manager told us we were all hired.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Grocery Clerk Interview

Application

interviewed at Kroger in November 2013.

Interview

Interview was odd. Very quick and the usual generic questions that are asked at any entry level, minimum wage job. They are just looking for a warm body to fill a position.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing unexpected or unusual about any questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation at all. You are hired at minimum wage regardless.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Parent got me the job, didn't even have to interview, they tossed me a shirt and told me to work after paper work.

Interview Questions

• Over all the company is good, very flexible with a work schedule.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Kroger (Houston, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

They asked you a few questions about your work history.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kroger (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview was a sales pitch, the job itself was NOT discussed, pay grade and wage quotes were.

I applied for Full-time and the District Recruiter was trying to push part-time pay, she quoted high hourly rates which she did not have the authority to apply (I learned this only after accepting the job.)

The orientation was not carried out at my assigned story and for two days I did not know who my supervisors were and after reporting my store I learned that my salaried superiors were not very friendly folks and that my assigned store is showing signs of failure.

Interview Questions

• No questions about my work ethic, work history, or thought processes were asked.

The district recruiter was very eager to bring me right on board (always a bad sign)

Answer Question

Negotiation

In the initial interview the District Recruiter threw money on the table.

"If we hired you full-time you would make $12.80/h based on your experience, but if you accept part-time you would make $9.90/h, which is near the top of our pay scale."

After the fact I learned that she did not have that authority and it'll take a month for those with authority to approve or disapprove, so I'm making $7.50/h right now.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grandview Heights, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger (Grandview Heights, OH) in March 2011.

Interview

I was called in and asked a few easy questions about my background and plans and given a quick oral drug test. They showed me around the store for a little bit too. It was pretty much what you would expect for a grocery store job, no trick questions or anything.

Interview Questions

• What are your plans, have you ever been in any trouble etc.   1 Answer

Grocery Clerk Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Kroger in June 2010.

Interview

I received a phone call from company requesting I come in for interview. Went in for interview next day and interviewed with asst manager. Asked me questions in general and questions pertaining to job. i answered questions and then interview was over.

Interview Questions

• What do you have to offer our company   1 Answer
    • Why is a man cover round?   1 Answer

Grocery Clerk Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Kroger in August 2009.

Interview

Easy for an average interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a stituation where you had to work in a team environment?   1 Answer
    • where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation