Kroger Grocery Clerk Interview Questions

2.0

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Grocery Clerk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Kroger.

Parent got me the job, didn't even have to interview, they tossed me a shirt and told me to work after paper work.

Interview Questions
  • Over all the company is good, very flexible with a work schedule.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Kroger in September 2012.

They asked you a few questions about your work history.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kroger in August 2012.

The interview was a sales pitch, the job itself was NOT discussed, pay grade and wage quotes were.

I applied for Full-time and the District Recruiter was trying to push part-time pay, she quoted high hourly rates which she did not have the authority to apply (I learned this only after accepting the job.)

The orientation was not carried out at my assigned story and for two days I did not know who my supervisors were and after reporting my store I learned that my salaried superiors were not very friendly folks and that my assigned store is showing signs of failure.

Interview Questions
    • No questions about my work ethic, work history, or thought processes were asked.

The district recruiter was very eager to bring me right on board (always a bad sign)
        Answer Question
    In the initial interview the District Recruiter threw money on the table.

"If we hired you full-time you would make $12.80/h based on your experience, but if you accept part-time you would make $9.90/h, which is near the top of our pay scale."

After the fact I learned that she did not have that authority and it'll take a month for those with authority to approve or disapprove, so I'm making $7.50/h right now.

Grocery Clerk Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Kroger in June 2010.

I received a phone call from company requesting I come in for interview. Went in for interview next day and interviewed with asst manager. Asked me questions in general and questions pertaining to job. i answered questions and then interview was over.

Grocery Clerk Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Kroger in August 2009.

Easy for an average interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a stituation where you had to work in a team environment?   View Answer
    • where do you see yourself in 10 years?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!