Kroger Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Jul 28, 2015

1.8

Part-Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Kroger (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

So I apply online. Then I look in facebook and there was a city wide hiring event . I just show up and went to a group interview of about 20 candidates. The recruiter was very matter of fact and seem as though she was on a tight schedule. We had to pick a product in the store and "upsell" it to the rest of the group. She did ask who many people were under the age of 18 in the class as well. After we were done with the presentations she took her notes went out came back about 15 mins later and basically took all the under 18 kids plus a few others and escorted them out . For us that remained we got offers.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Kroger (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

About three weeks after submitting my online application, I checked my voicemail and saw that Kroger had contacted me. I called them back, and they gave me an initial phone screen, which I wasn't expecting. The questions were easy, though--nothing you wouldn't be asked in a typical face-to-face interview--so I already had answers prepared. I did well, so the person invited me to a group interview at noon the next day. There were three other people being interviewed at the same time as me, and everyone was really friendly. I have generalized anxiety disorder but this wasn't nerve-wracking at all. First we filled out some paperwork about our availability and such. Then we were asked to give a sales pitch about one of our favorite products we buy at Kroger. We were in two-person teams for this part, but each of us got graded separately. It wasn't hard at all; I think they were mainly looking for friendliness and enthusiasm. The only real interview question we were asked was something along the lines of "Talk about a time when you had to make an unpopular decision involving friends or coworkers." After that, we were all hired on the spot. All we had to do then was a mouth swab drug test. We were told we'd be emailed about orientation once our background check and drug test results came back. The whole thing lasted an hour or so, but it was so laid-back and pleasant that it didn't feel nearly that long.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had to make an unpopular decision involving friends or coworkers.   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kroger (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and took about 30 minutes to finish. 4 days later I got a call from them. They reviewed when I could work; they said for now there's no open positions. However, the lady said she put on file for open positions in the future. Don't no if that means anything.

Overnight Grocery Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview was great quick and easy group interview. There were only 3 of us and filled out a sheet asking 4 questions. Was asked to describe a job assignment that I most enjoyed and what did I not like about that assignment. Was also asked to tell one thing about my self that needed improvement.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kroger (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a group set up where we all had to read a booklet out loud and answer simply questions . We had to break off into small groups and create a mini commercial and present it to the people i the room.

Interview Questions

• what's a time when you had to do what is right instead of what was popular?   1 Answer

Drug/GM Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Kroger (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online. It was a job fair so it was a group interview. There were about 10 people there. We went through some of the reasons why we wanted to work there and challenges a grocery store faces. She decided who she wanted to hire and made us sign paperwork, take a drug test, and said they will call about orientation. After orientation we also had to do a 4hr long computer training.

Interview Questions

• What are some words you would describe you would use when talking to a customer?   1 Answer

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online process took about 5 days. Received an email about the interview . Very straight forward interview they will have you fill out an availability sheet and some simple questions . We were in groups. Each person in the group stood to introduce him/herself and then read or summarized answers to four multi-part, written questions. They then had us do a advertisement skit in groups on what is our favorite thing to buy from Kroger . Very simple interview drug tests after all of this don't be nervous ,dress nicely , smile , and you'll get the job . They will also tell you on spot It you are offered or not.

Interview Questions

• 1. What was your best job ? What appeal to you about it? What did you not like?   Answer Question
    • 2. What was the worst job you've had?Why didn't you like it ?   Answer Question
    • 3. What do you think are the most important skills for use in customer service? Describe a time you used these skills   1 Answer
    • 4. What attributes or characteristics of yours do you feel you could use more development?   Answer Question
    • 5. lastly if you were in Kroger for 10 seconds what would you grab? ( this item will be used in the advertisement skit ) so be smart and goodluck :)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Told us all how much we would make no negotiation .

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kroger (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied online, Kroger contacted me the same day or the following day. I was asked to attend a group interview , which was about 30 minutes long. a manager briefed us on the company later we introduced ourselves answered 5 basic questions , took turns reading ... and that concludes the interview. your second interview consist of paperwork , online assessments/training and orientation date.

Interview Questions

• what's your definition of customer service ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation phase.

Deli Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kroger (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Hiring process was easy, only an online application with many survey questions to answer. Interview was in the style of a group interview, everyone took turns answering questions and it was a very relaxed process. Basically if the interview went well, you had the job. You didn't necessarily get the position you applied for, but rather what they needed.

Interview Questions

• What kind of animal would you be?   1 Answer

Lead Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kroger (Houston, TX).

Interview

When I was hired they were still doing paper applications. Filled it out got called in next day. I completed the computer training that day. Was asked what hours I was available, bingo, I was hired that day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none union rates