Kroger

Relevance Date Difficulty

Lead Cashier Interview

Lead Cashier
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details – When I was hired they were still doing paper applications. Filled it out got called in next day. I completed the computer training that day. Was asked what hours I was available, bingo, I was hired that day.

Interview Question – none, I just smiled alot   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none union rates

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Courtesy Clerk
Baytown, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kroger in February 2013.

Interview Details – They will give you a call and set you up with an interview at a kroger store location. It will be a group interview ranging up to 10 people give or take. They will ask you questions about Kroger and questions about your life. They will also ask you what can you offer if you were to to be hired. Always best to answer questions first.

Interview Question – When they ask everyone to state their past experiences and jobs and why they left that job.   Answer Question

Utility Clerk Interview

Utility Clerk
Kingwood, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kroger in March 2014.

Interview Details – At this store all you have to do is show up. You will be given a group interview and will get an email within a day that you have been hired.

Interview Question – They made us as a group try and sell one thing in the store as an example.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since this is a union job, the negotiations have already been done.

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details – Simple as can be. it can barely be called an interview. You are summoned into an office with the hiring manager asked a few basic questions and given a drug test.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. I would be certain if coming to this job with experience then make sure they are aware of it.

Friendswood, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in October 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online and two weeks later I got a call from the hiring manager. I had a group interview the next night. We all had to talk about ourselves, sell our favorite product in the store to her, and take a saliva mouth swab drug test. When the test and my back ground check cleared, (about 5 days later) I got a call for computer training. I completed that and started working the next week.

Interview Question – What was something you were faced with that you chose the wrong choice instead of right?   View Answer

Spring, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in May 2013.

Interview Details – Group interview, know information about kroger's history and understand items they sale. Customer care first.

Interview Question – I had to sale a production to the interviewer with a group.   Answer Question

Meat Clerk Interview

Meat Clerk
Missouri City, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Kroger in November 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online, and was called in for and interview window. I was asked some very basic questions; why do you want to work here, what are your strengths, what is your availability etc. Then I was given a drug test, and given a date for training.

Interview Question – there were no particularly difficult questions, but the one thing i would do differently is ask questions about what positions are available. i was hired as a front end clerk, but there are other positions that pay more and require no additional experience.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kroger in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, received a call for an interview a couple days later and had a group interview the following week. Got my drug test same day, then called about my orientation date 2days later. The process took 1-2 weeks

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for us?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Front End Clerk Interview

Front End Clerk
Richmond, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kroger in March 2012.

Interview Details – Apply online and i was called in for an interview. its been so long i dont really remember it but i talk to the HR manager and she hates people who come in unpresentable

Interview Question – I dont really know, its been over a year since   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Courtesy Clerk
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in August 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out an application twice before finally getting called. I even called down to my local Kroger to see if they we even hiring, and they said no. I got a call a couple of days later to come in for an interview. I had to go to a Kroger located 4 towns away from me for the interview, however, because the manager hires for 6 other Krogers.
I arrived three minutes late (because i couldn't find the office) but the manager let me in with a smile. She then Prompted me to sit down at one of the several chairs around the table. After that, i had to fill out a small sheet of paper asking simple interview questions. I had to do this quickly sense i was late, but the other three people there seemed to have already filled it out. I'm guessing they arrived early. She then proceeded to ask the same questions we had answered on the sheet of paper to all of us. When she got to me, i was only half way done, so i had to answer the rest of the questions orally, without the crutch of the written part. All of the questions can be found bellow.
After all of that, we had to tell her our favorite product in the store. Then we had to sell our product to the whole group. Even though we had a partner while doing this, we were all graded separately.
Next, we played a game of "Kroger Poker". Basically, we just had 4 cards. Each card had a question on the back, and we each had to answer 2 of those questions. We couldn't look at the card at all until it was our turn to answer the question.The questions i answered are located bellow.
After that, the interview was almost over. She told us what to expect when working there, the pay, the uniform, dress code, attendance, ect. Then, she started listing random facts, like why Kroger is better than Walmart, why she can't answer her phone right away, why not to call her unless it's an emergency, ect.
After the speech, we were assisted with taking an oral drug test. The interview was pretty much over by then. So we were pretty much free to talk or leave. I stayed a little bit with another person to talk to the manager. She actually started talking to me, but i just wanted to make sure we were well acquainted so i had a better chance of being hired.
Sure enough, i was called back a day later to come in for orientation.

Interview Question – The small sheet:

-Why should we hire you?
-Why Kroger?
-What job do you not want to do?
-What job do you want?
-What are some facts you know about Kroger?
-What word best describes you?

"Kroger Poker" Cards:

-Talk about a time when you were confronted with big change, and how you handled it.
-Talk about a time when you had to deal with someone difficult, and how you managed it.
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kroger

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!