Kroger

1.9

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Overnight Grocery Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger in January 2015.

Interview was great quick and easy group interview. There were only 3 of us and filled out a sheet asking 4 questions. Was asked to describe a job assignment that I most enjoyed and what did I not like about that assignment. Was also asked to tell one thing about my self that needed improvement.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger in November 2014.

I applied online process took about 5 days. Received an email about the interview . Very straight forward interview they will have you fill out an availability sheet and some simple questions . We were in groups. Each person in the group stood to introduce him/herself and then read or summarized answers to four multi-part, written questions. They then had us do a advertisement skit in groups on what is our favorite thing to buy from Kroger . Very simple interview drug tests after all of this don't be nervous ,dress nicely , smile , and you'll get the job . They will also tell you on spot It you are offered or not.

Interview Questions
    • 1. What was your best job ? What appeal to you about it? What did you not like?   Answer Question
    • 2. What was the worst job you've had?Why didn't you like it ?   Answer Question
    • 3. What do you think are the most important skills for use in customer service? Describe a time you used these skills   View Answer
    • 4. What attributes or characteristics of yours do you feel you could use more development?   Answer Question
    • 5. lastly if you were in Kroger for 10 seconds what would you grab? ( this item will be used in the advertisement skit ) so be smart and goodluck :)   Answer Question
    Told us all how much we would make no negotiation .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kroger.

I applied online, Kroger contacted me the same day or the following day. I was asked to attend a group interview , which was about 30 minutes long. a manager briefed us on the company later we introduced ourselves answered 5 basic questions , took turns reading ... and that concludes the interview. your second interview consist of paperwork , online assessments/training and orientation date.

Interview Questions
    • what's your definition of customer service ?   View Answer
    no negotiation phase.

Lead Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kroger.

When I was hired they were still doing paper applications. Filled it out got called in next day. I completed the computer training that day. Was asked what hours I was available, bingo, I was hired that day.

none union rates

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kroger in May 2014.

I went online and filled out the applicant information, sent in my cover letter, resume and list of references. Then I took a personality/skills test online. A couple of days later, I received a phone call from my local Kroger store to set up an interview. I was sent to my regional Kroger store for a face-to-face group interview session. The recruiters there gave me some forms to fill out, asked me a few questions and I got the job. It was a great experience! Everyone there was so nice and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • I had to pick one of my favorite products in the store and show how I would sell this product to others.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kroger.

Simple as can be. it can barely be called an interview. You are summoned into an office with the hiring manager asked a few basic questions and given a drug test.

no negotiation. I would be certain if coming to this job with experience then make sure they are aware of it.

Utility Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingwood, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingwood, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kroger in March 2014.

At this store all you have to do is show up. You will be given a group interview and will get an email within a day that you have been hired.

Interview Questions
    • They made us as a group try and sell one thing in the store as an example.   Answer Question
    Since this is a union job, the negotiations have already been done.

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger in January 2014.

The interview was really fun and the hiring manager was really nice. We went I to the room and it wasn't really a long wait before she came it. We had fun learning about each other

Interview Questions
    • Name one time where you experienced bad customer service   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Friendswood, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Friendswood, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kroger in October 2013.

I filled out an application online and two weeks later I got a call from the hiring manager. I had a group interview the next night. We all had to talk about ourselves, sell our favorite product in the store to her, and take a saliva mouth swab drug test. When the test and my back ground check cleared, (about 5 days later) I got a call for computer training. I completed that and started working the next week.

Interview Questions
    • What was something you were faced with that you chose the wrong choice instead of right?   View Answer

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger in August 2013.

I filled out an application twice before finally getting called. I even called down to my local Kroger to see if they we even hiring, and they said no. I got a call a couple of days later to come in for an interview. I had to go to a Kroger located 4 towns away from me for the interview, however, because the manager hires for 6 other Krogers.
    I arrived three minutes late (because i couldn't find the office) but the manager let me in with a smile. She then Prompted me to sit down at one of the several chairs around the table. After that, i had to fill out a small sheet of paper asking simple interview questions. I had to do this quickly sense i was late, but the other three people there seemed to have already filled it out. I'm guessing they arrived early. She then proceeded to ask the same questions we had answered on the sheet of paper to all of us. When she got to me, i was only half way done, so i had to answer the rest of the questions orally, without the crutch of the written part. All of the questions can be found bellow.
    After all of that, we had to tell her our favorite product in the store. Then we had to sell our product to the whole group. Even though we had a partner while doing this, we were all graded separately.
    Next, we played a game of "Kroger Poker". Basically, we just had 4 cards. Each card had a question on the back, and we each had to answer 2 of those questions. We couldn't look at the card at all until it was our turn to answer the question.The questions i answered are located bellow.
    After that, the interview was almost over. She told us what to expect when working there, the pay, the uniform, dress code, attendance, ect. Then, she started listing random facts, like why Kroger is better than Walmart, why she can't answer her phone right away, why not to call her unless it's an emergency, ect.
    After the speech, we were assisted with taking an oral drug test. The interview was pretty much over by then. So we were pretty much free to talk or leave. I stayed a little bit with another person to talk to the manager. She actually started talking to me, but i just wanted to make sure we were well acquainted so i had a better chance of being hired.
    Sure enough, i was called back a day later to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • The small sheet:

-Why should we hire you?
      -Why Kroger?
      -What job do you not want to do?
      -What job do you want?
      -What are some facts you know about Kroger?
      -What word best describes you?

"Kroger Poker" Cards:

-Talk about a time when you were confronted with big change, and how you handled it.
      -Talk about a time when you had to deal with someone difficult, and how you managed it.

Answer Question