Kroger Interview Questions in Indianapolis, IN

1.7

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Co Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kroger in January 2013.

there will be several interviews-store manager, district manager, executive management team and finally HR team. If you make it through all the management interviews and offer will be made and you will have 3 days to respond. FYI- before you take the offer make sure you discuss all your experience in order to receive your value.

JUST KNOW YOUR WORTH

Night Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kroger.

The hiring manager and the whole entire managing team is horrible. When I enter the office, two employees just playing computer games on the computer. And the hiring manager asked me some personal questions that is irrelevant to the job.

Lead Floral Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kroger.

The process was very simple as far as I can remember, submit an application, if the IT manager likes your application you are called for a first interview, if you pass that you are then set up for a second interview where you are now required to take a test of sorts (not in practice when I was interviewed), answering questions designed to alert the employer if you are or are not a good fit, they say there is no right or wrong answer, but... if you pass the test you most likely have the job/position.

Interview Questions
    • This was not a part of the process when I hired on, so I can not in all honesty say, all I can tell you is that these questions are designed to gage your honesty, integrity etc.   Answer Question
    there was no negotiation, it was a simple entry level process, with a firm "this is what the position pays"

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kroger in December 2013.

I applied online for the co-manager position. I was called to schedule a phone interview, then instructed to take an online assessment, and now I'm waiting to see if I've made it to the next phase in the interview process. I believe there are two more interviews remaining.

Interview Questions
    • My first interview was just going over work history so it wasn't really difficult.   Answer Question

Utility Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kroger in November 2011.

I applied online and called back the next day to bring attention to my application. About a week later I was called and asked to come in for an interview. The HR manager interviewed me and asked only one question: "Why do you want to work at Kroger?" After answering the question she proceeded to talk about Kroger for about 15 minutes, gave a saliva drug test, and led me to the office to fill out paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • There was only one question. "Why do you want to work at Kroger?" I believe the only purpose to this was to make sure I wasn't brain dead.   Answer Question

Co Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in February 2009.

Human resources seems to have their hands tied. When I interviewed with the corporation I kept getting the feeling that they had to check every question and then the answer with someone in the stores. The entire process smacked of reluctance to believe the interviewee as if everyone lies.

Interview Questions
    • They would mention two or three most recent world or nation events and then ask you how this might affect selling groceries. Some of the events made sense but how can political unrest in Egypt or the Middle East are not readily apparent. I keep apace of current events and I usually dig hard to find factors and influences behind current events but many people don't and this can throw a really good candidate off balance.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Either you accepted or you didn't get the job.

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!