Kroger Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

1.9

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kroger (Bowling Green, KY).

Interview

Applied online. Called store to schedule an interview. Knew someone already employed there, so there were no questions at all. Just had to fill out paperwork and mouth swab drug test.

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger.

Interview

I was only asked to tell a little bit about myself. And after that I was hired. I think she was in a pretty big rut to find someone who looked presentable and could speak clearly, because she seemed as if she was in last resort mode.

Customer Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Interview went great, very relaxed atmosphere. A few customer service related questions. Very descriptive details on job duties Now waiting on 2nd interview with the store manager. BEST INTERVIEW I'VE EVER BEEN ON.

Bagger Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

I applied online. They called me and asked a few questions like customer service and all that. Scheduled an interview. I went in for the interview the hiring manager asked us questions like our favorite product. Took a drug test same day and now I'm waiting for a call or email.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite product at Kroger's   Answer Question

Production Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kroger.

Interview

This was my first interview in several years so I wasn't sure what to expect. Most of my interviews have been with small companies so I wasn't prepared for some of the corporate questions. It was more formal than I was expecting. Interviewer was nice and very easy to talk to. I didn't get the job, but I definitely got some good interview experience in.

Interview Questions

• Name a challenge you have faced on the job and how did you handled it. There were a lot of how would you handle specific situation type questions.   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Interviewed over the telephone and a two person interview in person. They asked several questions related to my previous work skills. It was a two person panel interview. I was asked several questions by both.

Interview Questions

• What are some specific ways to handle an angry consumer and why.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got called back a two days later. The lady on the phone asked me if I had a minute to answer some questions. She asked me some basic questions like "what is excellent costumer service," and "why do you want to work for Kroger," then she reviewed my availability. She then scheduled me for an interview for a week later. When I came in to interview, it was very relaxed. They review your previous work experience, and ask you very basic questions about your previous job. Then they go over the personality assessment that you took along with your online application. I think the questions they ask you in the interview are based off of that. The interview is easy as long as you know your strengths and weaknesses, and how you work in a team, you should be fine. There were only about 4-5 situational based questions. I was given a drug test immediately after the interview, and I was hired on spot.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you had to deal with an opinionated coworker?   1 Answer

Part-Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Kroger (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

So I apply online. Then I look in facebook and there was a city wide hiring event . I just show up and went to a group interview of about 20 candidates. The recruiter was very matter of fact and seem as though she was on a tight schedule. We had to pick a product in the store and "upsell" it to the rest of the group. She did ask who many people were under the age of 18 in the class as well. After we were done with the presentations she took her notes went out came back about 15 mins later and basically took all the under 18 kids plus a few others and escorted them out . For us that remained we got offers.

Meat Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kroger in July 2015.

Interview

Got a call after applying. Gave a short phone interview. Went in and did a store I terview a few days later. It seemed like the interview went well, but in the end they didn't hire me. They did not do a drug test on sight and did not schedule me for a second interview. I think they went with other more qualified applicants.

Interview Questions

• Whats one time you weren't compromising with coworkers.   Answer Question

Meat Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kroger in July 2015.

Interview

first someone called with a phone interview and then explained that there would be an in-person interview. the in-person interview was short and simple and involved only a few questions

Interview Questions

• how long do you plan on working here, whats your availability   Answer Question