Kroger Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2014
Updated Oct 17, 2014

1.9

Co Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kroger.

Started out with a 1 on 1 interview. Then a panel interview consisting of 4 higher ups. Each asked 1 question and wrote down your answer. I felt that I was liked, so the interview process went smoothly for me. I've heard of others where they ask insane questions that are impossible to answer.

Interview Questions
    Wasn't any - they paid more than I was making at the time, so I accepted.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger.

I applied online and about a week later was called in for an interview. The interview process went fairly smoothly. I signed in at the table they had set up out front since and even though I was early they went ahead and did the interview. I was asked questions like what do you know about this company and why do you want to work for this company. They gave me the description of what was expected from a cashier and asked if I thought I could successfully perform the duties. I was told to expect a call soon. next day they called to schedule my drug test.

No negotiation

Pharmacist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger.

I initially applied online for the position and was contacted a few weeks later for an interview. It was mostly a behavioral type of interview. Tell me about a time.... type of questions. I received a job offer one month after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time you had to work with a difficult person.   View Answer

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kroger.

I applied online, Kroger contacted me the same day or the following day. I was asked to attend a group interview , which was about 30 minutes long. a manager briefed us on the company later we introduced ourselves answered 5 basic questions , took turns reading ... and that concludes the interview. your second interview consist of paperwork , online assessments/training and orientation date.

Interview Questions
    • what's your definition of customer service ?   View Answer
    no negotiation phase.

Process Analyst Interview

applied online; got an email from hiring manager for a 30 minutes' phone interview, which went well. Then received an email from HR for a on-site. The on-site lasted about 2 hours with the hiring manager and one senior level person.

Interview Questions
    • Think of your solution or methods you gonna use to a problem they give to you within about 10 minutes   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kroger in October 2014.

I was told Kroger was hiring so I filled out an online application at 1 or 2 am. That next morning after I woke up I called at around 9am, asked to speak to the hiring manager and said that I filled out an online application, she said for me to come in for an interview at 12 lunch time that day. The interview was basically just reviewing my application and confirming that I filled everything out correctly. The next morning she called around 8 am and asked me to come in for a background check and drug test. This was on a Friday. (All happened from Wednesday night to Friday) she told me the results would take 3-5 business days. So Saturday and Sunday didn't count. Monday was the first day then Tuesday the second then today on Wednesday I called and asked if my results were in. She immediately responded saying yes! Could you come on in tomorrow at 9 for orientation? So it's pretty much official now! I recommend to be VERY friendly. Don't be all quiet and shy. I told her I was nervous because it's my first job and we kind of just joked around and talked. The main manager was also present he didn't talk much but he kept a mean, intimidating face the entire time. I shook their hands! Both of them, which I think really helped in making me look good. I thanked them and left.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to go out in rain, heat, snow, sleet, etc to get buggies?   Answer Question
    • Can you lift 60 pounds from underneath a buggy? Such as a huge bag of dog food.   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to work weekends & holidays?   Answer Question
    • These were just some of the "different" questions that they maybe don't ask at other jobs.   Answer Question
    I have orientation tomorrow!

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kroger in October 2014.

The interview was pretty straight forward. I was ask the usual questions should as how I would react to certain situations also I was greeted very nicely they offered refreshments but they are very disorganized they lost my application and call me for another interview not knowing that I already had one and that they had offered me a job.

There wasnt one

Courtesy Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger in October 2014.

applyed on line called the next day went for interview was very easy offered job a week later,two weeks later went for orenation and training waiting to be put on schedule

easy

Deli Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger in October 2014.

I was called for interview Oct 7, 2014, went there on the same day. Its an easy one, its a group interview wherein 4 questions need to be answered,had drug test right after, followed by background check..until now still waiting for there call when to have an orientation.

salary is fixed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kroger in October 2014.

Knock out the (fairly extensive) paperwork online, and you can be drug-tested and hired at the interview.

For a five-store north-Texas area, interviews (for all positions) were in groups. Each person in the group stood to introduce him/herself and then read or summarized answers to four multi-part, written questions.

1. What was your best job? What appealed to you about it? What did you not like?

2. What was the worst job you've had? Why didn't you like it?

3. What do you think are the most important skills for use in customer service? Describe a time you used these skills.

4. What attributes or characteristics of yours do you feel could use more development?

My group was pretty strong—lots of bright 15-year-olds—and everyone (except the guy who fled) was hired.

Interview Questions
    • What attributes or characteristics of yours do you feel could use more development?   Answer Question
    Not applicable: the barely-above-minimum wage rates are preset by collective contract.