Kroger Interview Questions & Reviews

1.9

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oak Ridge, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Ridge, TN

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in November 2012.

Very easy interview process. They first contacted me about a week after I initially applied online about an interview. Asked the basic questions. Education, previous work history, etc.. Took about a week for the drug screen to come back, and started 3 days later.

Co-Manager Interview

Interviewed with HR coordinator then main HR office. Asked basic behavioral questions. Have to take a simple math test and also a behavioral assessment. After that they called and offered me a salary which I declined and I gave them an amount and a few days later they called back with what I wanted.

Interview Questions
    • Asked union based questions as far as consistent discipline goes.   Answer Question
    you can negotiate

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kroger in May 2014.

I went online and filled out the applicant information, sent in my cover letter, resume and list of references. Then I took a personality/skills test online. A couple of days later, I received a phone call from my local Kroger store to set up an interview. I was sent to my regional Kroger store for a face-to-face group interview session. The recruiters there gave me some forms to fill out, asked me a few questions and I got the job. It was a great experience! Everyone there was so nice and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • I had to pick one of my favorite products in the store and show how I would sell this product to others.   Answer Question

Floral Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lawrenceville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kroger in July 2010.

I started as a cashier and got moved to floral. It's honestly not hard, you apply and if your results from your application are "green", they will usually give you a call if they need a spot filled. I got called in for an interview, they did a background check, I took a drug test, and almost immediately started training.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Kroger.

Simply applying online and waiting for a response. I recommend looking up who the recruiter is and emailing them that you have applied online it can help. Most likely the orientation is set by groups. Consider the Orientation as a You are Hired at least unless you fail the drug test or choose to decline the job at the last second for whatever reason you choose.

Maintenance Clerk Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kroger.

I first applied to the job online after a friend of mine who worked there said they were hiring. I don't remember how long it took to get a call back. Maybe 3-7 days. I know it was quicker than I expected. The interview was maybe a week or so after that, and it was a pretty quick process. I was asked why I left my former job and why I was looking for new employment. She then told me that they weren't looking for positions I applied for, but they were looking for a maintenance clerk. I said I was okay with that and I was given a drug test. I was told I'd be contacted in about five days, but it was actually almost two weeks before I heard from them again, but I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • If I remember correctly, I was asked what I could bring to the table, so to speak. Since I was applying as a maintenance clerk, I didn't really know what to say.   Answer Question

Human Resources Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Brandenburg, KY
    Anonymous Employee in Brandenburg, KY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in November 2013.

Was call and set up appt. for interview. Got to Kroger before the interviewer. Watched her walk in the door with her breakfast. Went inside, asked for her at customer service desk, and she came out and greeted me and took me to her office for interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kroger in August 2014.

Group interview
    Nice interviewer
    Easy going environment
    8 of us were applying
    3 hired on the spot
    Others waiting for call or email
    Lasted an hour including drug test
    Asked 5 easy questions

Go in a couple days before interview to know where to go in store
       Show up at least 15 minutes early to fill out paperwork
       Dress nice
    When asked about favorite in store product talk about it a little, explain why, and have a small conversation about it

No negotiations

Be yourself, be friendly, smile

Night Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kroger.

The hiring manager and the whole entire managing team is horrible. When I enter the office, two employees just playing computer games on the computer. And the hiring manager asked me some personal questions that is irrelevant to the job.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Canal Winchester, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canal Winchester, OH

I interviewed online - interviewed at Kroger.

I spoke with 3 people: hiring manager, store manager, and customer service care aka csc (boss of the cashiers, baggers, customer service helpers)

I explained to the hiring manager past work experience, skills, and community service that was presented on my resume.

Hiring manager explained job duties and expectations

Store manager also reviewed my resume and asked about some things on there, also asked me about the Kroger company.

Csc confirmed and asked about my availablity from application

Interview Questions
    • Store manager asking me about the Kroger company. I did do a little research before hand, but it did not help. The store manager worded questions in a way I did not understand.   Answer Question
    Job descriptions are accurate so make sure thats what you want to do. If not you can always talk to someone about switching job positions even to a different department or store.

You must speak up though if you feel some type of way about your job.

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!