Kroger

Average Difficulty
367 candidate interviews

Assistant Deli Manager Interview

Assistant Deli Manager

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details – The interview process is fairly straight forward. They call you in and you talk with the HR rep and Store Manager. With initial interview, they gave me the standard questions, desired hours, experience, goals in life. Then went ahead and told me I'm hired and I did a cotton swab on the spot for drug testing. There is no one person to interview. Whichever store you apply to, that Store manager and HR rep do the interviews and hiring. Most of the interview is based off the green light/red light scorecard from the test given during the online application process.

Interview Question – Their questions are relatively straight forward. The hardest ones they will ask are the typical "how did you respond.." to some scenario. With a decent turnover rate they don't tend to ask too many difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had just moved so I only asked for as much or more than I was making at my previous employer. They were open to matching with promises of advancement and raise opportunities.

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details – I was asked a few questions about my availability and previous experience and that was it.

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Courtesy Clerk

Interviewed at Kroger

Interview Details – There wasnt much of an interview. was asked basic questions (cant remember what they were, didnt require much thought to answer though), ans was hired on the spot by the hiring manager.

Interview Question – when would you be able to start?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cashier

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details – If you get the interview, you've pretty much already got the job.

Interview Question – Literally "what is your professional background"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nonexistant

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details – The interview was mostly when can I can I work during the week. Also asked if I had previous experience specifically to retail.

Interviewed at Kroger

Interview Details – The hiring process and interview process was very easy. I was hired on the spot.

Negotiation Details – I knew what to expect when I applied

Bagger Interview

Bagger

I applied online and interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call back 5 days later. Easy interview, 5 questions, submitted to a drug tes and a criminal back ground

Interview Question – one thing you are most proud of?   Answer Question

Co-Manager Interview

Co-Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details – I received a call to interview and drove to round robin. I received a offer for the position

Interview Question – Behavior interview question was asked and some details where not explained   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Clerk

Interviewed at Kroger

Interview Details – Not bad at all. Just asked a lot of basic interview questions. Just go in there with confidence and you will knock the interview out of the park. Managers are nice and laid back.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Store Director Interview

Store Director

I applied through other source and interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details – Work for a couple years, show responsibility, make labor and pass all audits.

Interview Question – Make good money?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kroger

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kroger interview questions and advice. All 367 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kroger employees and interview candidates.