Kroger Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Sherman, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Very basic questions extremely simple. Asks for hobbies, skills, where you want to be in 1 year. They are checking to see that you have a desire to work. If you show that you want to work they will take you to consideration. I applied at a kiosk in store as my first job. The next day I was called in for a 1:1 with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in a year?   1 Answer

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kroger in August 2015.

Interview

I applied to Kroger online , it took about two weeks for Kroger to call me. I got a mini interview over the phone and was only asked 3 Questions , 1. Why do I want to work at Kroger , 2. Would I be willing to work weekends and holidays 3. Would I be okay with bagging and getting shopping carts. After I hung up , I received an email and the gentleman sent me the Information for an in person interview. I went in for my interview Tuesday and was hired right away. Saturday is orientation for me. Really easy, I was nervous considering this is my first job. The interviewer was a very nice lady , she was also silly.

Interview Questions

• What didn't I like in my previous job ? She knew I never had a job so she told me to relate it to school or anything I've ever done.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Smile a lot, sit up straight and keep good eye contact. Be very respectful. We went over how much I would make and when I would work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bay City, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Bay City, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

Rushed simple. They did not ask typical questions, they only wanted to know my work history and my experience with cash registers. I got the job the same day as the interview but had difficulty reaching the manager that hired me i called several times. Very unorganized.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Alpharetta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was the standard interview process. They just asked you questions about that were meant to find out how you deal and interact with customers. They also asked about how you deal with conflict resolution among other things.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer that is not happy with the price of an item?   Answer Question

Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Detroit, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call a few days later to come in for an interview. Several candidates were seated together at a table in their conference room, while two managers were conducting interviews a few feet away. You could hear all the questions being asked and how the other candidates answered.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience working in a fast paced environment?   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

One initial interview with immediate supervisor and general manager was scheduled after a phone call two weeks following an online application. The interview took place in a casual environment; the office was off the professional kitchen and preparation area. There were options presented to me if I was not interested in the advertised position. I was asked to call back in a few days after I considered what positions were available

Interview Questions

• Would I be capable of managing an event for 500 or more people   Answer Question

The offer was somewhat confusing as they didn't appear ready to hire me or turn me away. They wanted me to consider another position as well. Not sure what they were going for.

Drug/GM Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Hard I was kinda nervous to be interviewed by the HR Manager can be intimidating but at the end of the day I did it. She end up being very nice and made me comfortable during the process. Prepare yourself for lots of senerio questions in the retail world for this location.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodstock, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Woodstock, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

The General manager printed out my application and then tells me he has 3 other people coming in that day who can work far more hours then me and tells me im lucky to even get an interview. So tip is to have your availability set to max and adjust it later on through the company website. Also if they do decide to hire you, you will take a mouth swab drug test right then and there. So be prepared!

Interview Questions

• Might ask why they should hire you.   1 Answer

Any Positions Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger in June 2015.

Interview

It was straightforward, We were handled a paper that contained information about the schedules, about rules of what we or we should not do and do we agree to them. Then we had a presentation to do.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what is my favorite food in korger   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Irving, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Group interview with no personal interaction. Very un professional and un personal, I was very un impressed. Every live body gets hired just because they showed up for the group interview. Find another company to work for and stay off the slave ship. If you a 16 and a first job this could be a good place to start, but be prepared to push carts in 100 degrees and never show up late or you will be fired.