Kroger Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

1.9

Store Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kroger (Charlottesville, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online and met with the HR Coordinator and Store Manager three weeks later at the store I was interviewing for. If you get a callback after the interview, you "go on to the next stage", and if you don't move on, you'll get a canned e-mail rejection letter. They asked the standard interview questions, and were really friendly. They also want you to come in 72 hours notice, which annoyed me because I'm working, and my job needs at least a week's notice for time off. I don't understand why they take so long to call you back, but want you in as soon as possible.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job? How does this job fit in with your career goals? What did you like least about your job? Tell me about your work history? Which job out of all of your experience did you like the most?   Answer Question

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kroger (Ann Arbor, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call 4 days later. They ask a few interview questions on the phone and then they set up an in person interview with your store. It was very easy and simple questions and when I told them what hours I could work they input them in the computer to find best where to place me. I intially applied for cashier but ended up in the bakery which was perfect for me based on my available hours to work. It was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kroger (Bloomington, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

Very easy, relaxed. I believe that had more to do with the individual interviewing. She was very pleasant and friendly. I think they are very desperate for employees though.

Interview Questions

• Explain one time where you had to "keep your cool" at work.   Answer Question

Meat Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kroger (Columbia, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

Filled out an application online, then was called in for a phone interview within a week. After the phone interview, I was scheduled for an in-person interview at the store. The store interview was relaxed, and we just discussed the store for a little bit. Immediately afterwards, I took a drug test, and I'm now waiting for the results.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger (Covington, KY) in June 2015.

Interview

Easy process, went to interview and was hired on the spot, drug test was in office saliva stick, i had to wait for my background to clear and i went to orientation.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tomball, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kroger (Tomball, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Once you apply they call you back if they want an interview. Once you arrive at the store, you are put in a room with a handful of other applicants who are pursuing different positions. Once you are introduced to the interviewer you fill out some questions and create a sales pitch with the other applicants. After answering some questions they leave and then drug test you.

Interview Questions

• They asked what my favorite product in their store.   1 Answer
    • They asked about a time in which you had a disagreement and how you solved it.   1 Answer

Deli/Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kroger (Kennesaw, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty odd, i'm not sure if the hiring manager was intimidated by my skill set or I just didn't fit for this position. e was suppose to call me and tell me whether or not I got a job he never followed up

Overnight Grocery Stock Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kroger in June 2015.

Interview

I was looking for a part-time job. I applied on June 30th, received a call the next day to schedule an interview for July 2nd. The interviewer I was suppose to interview with wasn't there so I had an interview with another store manager. Really laid back. She wasn't prepared and didn't have my application in front of her so I told her my current and past work experience. Spent 45 minutes talking about anything other than work. Was offered a part-time position immediately, just have to wait on the drug test to come back. Super fast process for me. Not sure if anyone else will experience the same.

Interview Questions

• Are you experienced with stocking, inventory, lifting, using a pallet jack?   1 Answer
    • What's your availability?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation on hourly wage. The human resource guy said its minimum wage and there's opportunity for raises in the future. Wasn't really concerned because I have a full time job and I was just looking for something two days a week

Home Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

Questions were canned, seemed like they knew who they wanted before the interview, panel interview of 6 people comprised of 2 division 2 district and 2 store level managers

Interview Questions

• Give an example how you personally solved a problem   1 Answer

Money Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kroger (Glendale, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Never had an interview even though I was assigned for one. The interviewer never showed up and did not return my calls. I also received an email in case "she missed me" but didn't provide an email I could actually respond to. Very frustrating and a waste of my time. Not impressed with Kroger. Also the person who set up the interview from corporate was also rude.