Kroger Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

1.9

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tomball, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kroger (Tomball, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Once you apply they call you back if they want an interview. Once you arrive at the store, you are put in a room with a handful of other applicants who are pursuing different positions. Once you are introduced to the interviewer you fill out some questions and create a sales pitch with the other applicants. After answering some questions they leave and then drug test you.

Interview Questions

• They asked what my favorite product in their store.   1 Answer
    • They asked about a time in which you had a disagreement and how you solved it.   1 Answer

Home Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

Questions were canned, seemed like they knew who they wanted before the interview, panel interview of 6 people comprised of 2 division 2 district and 2 store level managers

Interview Questions

• Give an example how you personally solved a problem   1 Answer

Money Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kroger (Glendale, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Never had an interview even though I was assigned for one. The interviewer never showed up and did not return my calls. I also received an email in case "she missed me" but didn't provide an email I could actually respond to. Very frustrating and a waste of my time. Not impressed with Kroger. Also the person who set up the interview from corporate was also rude.

Any Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Applied online for any available position. About two days later received a call from the hiring manager about scheduling an interview. We scheduled the interview for the next day. The interview process was very straightforward, normal interview questions. After a few questions I submitted to a drug test upon passing the test I was offered employment to begin training the next day.

Bagger Interview

Interview

I applied online, they called me three days later for a phone interview and then told me to come for a in person interview. I went in thinking the questions would be easy, I wasn't prepared for it. They asked me about 20 questions from a paper, I thought I did really badly. But they called me the next day to tell me I got the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle it if you were asked to take a risk you were uncomfortable with?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Customer Service Specialisit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Panel of two supervisors. Behaviorial based. Provide example of how you handle a past situation. Behavior- Action- Results (B.A.R Method). Make sure you make the results of your actions clear. How did you handle the situation. Make sure you have a lot of examples and do not be afraid to take notes to the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to do follow a policy that you did not agree with.   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker Interview

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kroger.

Interview

The hiring process was extremely fast, i applied and within a week i was called in for an interview the next day. The actual interview was horrible only for me because i kept saying the wrong things but never the less, i was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose Kroger over the competition (walmart, Miejers, ect)   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you had to go above and beyond fit a customer   Answer Question

Part-Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

It was pretty easy breeze, the lady was nice and didn't seem to be off. She was a little unprepared herself but I didn't let that bug me. I had to take a drug test and I didn't feel bad about it since I don't do drugs. I still have to go through orientation and training still.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work at Kroger?   1 Answer
    • What does customer service mean to me?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when I had to go above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger (Athens, GA).

Interview

I was called and scheduled an interview. I showed up and the manager I "interviewed" with basically just told me about the job. I wouldn't call what I had an interview although I'm not complaining. I think they just needed people who knew how to breathe, which is all this job requires anyway.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in the job?   2 Answers

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kroger (Shreveport, LA) in May 2015.

Interview

You walk in and sign a sheet of paper signing in for the interview. I have severe social anxiety so I was already nervous going into this. You sit down with about 15 other people and the interviewer goes around and asks you to introduce yourself and asks you some questions. You also have to try and sell a piece of merchandise to the other people interviewing. You have to stand up and speak in front of everyone. This would be great for social people but for someone with SAD (social anxiety disorder) it was a nightmare. I was nervous and could feel myself getting incredibly hot and panicky. I told the interviewer that I was sorry and had to leave, she walked out with me and said "are you really going to leave and keep this from getting you a job?" I told her i was sorry and that I was thankful for the opportunity. She continued to push and ask questions, she was incredibly rude, so I just left. If you have SAD and don't do good in groups I would suggest not applying here because you most likely will have a group interview.

Interview Questions

• What does good customer service mean to you?   1 Answer