Kroger

Updated Feb 14, 2015
Updated Feb 14, 2015

2.0

Co-manger Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger in October 2014.

I met a Kroger recruiter at a job fair. He gave me the information on the position and I gave him my resume. He called me a few days later, before I even submitted an online application. He scheduled me for a phone interview, which just went over my history. I was asked to come in a few days later for a face-to-face interview. The second interview had two men, the DM recruiter and the DM trainer, asking me about my history again and then they gave me a few "what if" scenarios to answer. The questions weren't terribly difficult, although there were a few trick questions and the interviewers were constantly trying to unnerve my confidence in my responses. The second interview was about an hour long, and it wasn't the most pleasant interview I've had. A few days later, I was called to come in and be part of a panel interview. The people interviewing me had been with the company for many, many years, so many of the questions were about my personality and long-term goals and commitment to the company. This interview wasn't difficult at all, so I coasted through it and received an offer later that day. The entire process took a little more than 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • "You have your first day off in a week. You are running personal errands and it begins to snow. What do you do?"   View Answer
    I could not negotiate.

Deli Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wylie, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wylie, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Kroger in October 2014.

JOB FAIR OCT 11TH AT STORE in Wylie 2.5 hours long asked us to stand up and tell them about yourself.then 3 other questions and a skit in groups of 3. then then they told us we all got the job..there were probably 30 of us. Pending the swab/drug test-they test for street drugs....and background......NOTE---YOU MUST FILL OUT YOUR ONLINE APPL.FIRST........THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE SYSTEM THATS WHY THEY DONT CALL/OR YOU DIDNT COMPLETE THE PROCESS ONLINE FOR THE STATUS PENDING.....CALL THE STORE TO FIX..i couldn't figure this out for 18 days..it kept saying status pending...call the store to have fixed also send the letter off to fix that it asks you to submit problem////// it was fixed in 1 day....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger in October 2014.

Applied online. Typical boring application - name, DOB, SSN, work experience, previous addresses, at least two references, and the always-fun personality questionnaire. I was called in for an interview in two days, and I did it on the same day. I also did the drug and background check on the same day. Five days later, I was asked to come in to show my ID and other stuff to prove I'm a citizen. I used my ID and Social Security card. Birth certificate counts as well. Oh yeah, the interview! Interview was fairly simple. Questions consisted of the following:

"Provide an example of when you provided great customer service."
    "What does 'customer service' mean to you?"
    "Provide an example of when you had to work on many tasks at once."
    "Provide an example of a time when you had to handle an angry customer."
    Generic questions about previous jobs

Interview Questions
    • The questions regarding the brevity of some of my other jobs.   Answer Question
    Seriously?

Deli Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger in October 2014.

I was called for interview Oct 7, 2014, went there on the same day. Its an easy one, its a group interview wherein 4 questions need to be answered,had drug test right after, followed by background check..until now still waiting for there call when to have an orientation.

salary is fixed

Courtesy Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger in October 2014.

applyed on line called the next day went for interview was very easy offered job a week later,two weeks later went for orenation and training waiting to be put on schedule

easy

Courtesy Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kroger in October 2014.

I was told Kroger was hiring so I filled out an online application at 1 or 2 am. That next morning after I woke up I called at around 9am, asked to speak to the hiring manager and said that I filled out an online application, she said for me to come in for an interview at 12 lunch time that day. The interview was basically just reviewing my application and confirming that I filled everything out correctly. The next morning she called around 8 am and asked me to come in for a background check and drug test. This was on a Friday. (All happened from Wednesday night to Friday) she told me the results would take 3-5 business days. So Saturday and Sunday didn't count. Monday was the first day then Tuesday the second then today on Wednesday I called and asked if my results were in. She immediately responded saying yes! Could you come on in tomorrow at 9 for orientation? So it's pretty much official now! I recommend to be VERY friendly. Don't be all quiet and shy. I told her I was nervous because it's my first job and we kind of just joked around and talked. The main manager was also present he didn't talk much but he kept a mean, intimidating face the entire time. I shook their hands! Both of them, which I think really helped in making me look good. I thanked them and left.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to go out in rain, heat, snow, sleet, etc to get buggies?   Answer Question
    • Can you lift 60 pounds from underneath a buggy? Such as a huge bag of dog food.   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to work weekends & holidays?   Answer Question
    • These were just some of the "different" questions that they maybe don't ask at other jobs.   Answer Question
    I have orientation tomorrow!

Courtesy Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger in October 2014.

I filled out a application online. They called back I think a week later. The next day was the interview it was a group interview with about 12 people and he asked us 2 "which situation would you handle first" type question. If he called your name he wanted to interview you 1 on 1. During that interview he asked why should we hire you, what makes you a good fit, went over your application. After he said he will called you and let you know if he wanted to interview you for the 2nd time if not he you didn't get the job. He called back 2 says later had the 2nd interview was offered the job

Interview Questions
    No Negotiation take it or leave it

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kroger.

good interview, broken promises. First they were upbeat, then suddenly you were annoying. They seemed very impressed, then it seemed like the thrill was gone after folloup phone calls.

not much

Courtesy Clerk/Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Kroger in September 2014.

The interview took about 20 mins because I had to take a oral drug test and she did a background check so I will get my results for those in a week.

Interview Questions
    • I was only asked 2 questions . What does customer service means to you?
      what would you where on your way to the restroom and a customer asks you what aisle is the collard greens on?

Answer Question
    Don't be nervous or shy be kind, respectful, and keep a smile on your face.

Meat Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kroger in September 2014.

The meat department interview process of Kroger is a group interview. the size of the group i heard can range anywhere from 4-20 people. when i took my interview there was only seven of us. the interview questions where overall very easy. it lasted about 20-30 minutes minus all the paperwork. at the end of the interview if they took interest in you they will ask you to take an oral drug test (mouth swab) and offer yo a position.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite item out of the store ? now sell it to us.   Answer Question