Kroger Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kroger in June 2014.

I was interviewed twice in three days. The questions were definitely pertinent for the job of cashier. The process was very pleasant. I was told on day four that I had been hired.

Interview Questions
    • Dealing with unusual transactions at the cash register.   Answer Question

Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through other source – interviewed at Kroger in June 2014.

Tell me about yourself
    Why did you choose your major ?
    How did you choose the college you decided to attend ?
    Why do you want to work for the sourcing department?
    What was the last project you headed up and what was its outcome ?
    What can you do for us that other candidates can't ?

Part-Time Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger in June 2014.

Group interview was conducted in a fast paced environment. Not the most organized interview I've encountered, but they did tell you if you got the job or not right there on the spot.

Interview Questions
    They tell you what job and hourly rate they would like to offer, you can simple decline or accept. No negotiation

Part-Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keller, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keller, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kroger.

Group interview, if you get nervous this is great. I very much preferred this to an individual interview. It was weird that they never said I was hired. I was called for the interview then everyone came back the next day and was told when to pick up the uniforms.

Cashier Interview

Submitted an application and about 5 days later I was given a call. They asked me if I was still interested in the position, would be willing to work on weekends and weekdays and receive minimum wage. She then set up an interview.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

To begin the process an online application and an assessment is required. It is followed by an an person interview with hiring manager. Background check and drug tests are required but the drug test is done after you pass the background check. It seemed fairly standard.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you helped someone you did not know, in the past two weeks   Answer Question
    There was none

Cashier Interview

Excellent First Job experience. Easy interview. Easy Job. Lots of fun. Go get started now! Best suited for high school students and the elderly. Apply online or in store. Wait for a call. Come in for interview. Ask questions. Answer Questions. Agree on Pay. Get trained. Get Schedule. Get started!

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions here! Answer openly and honestly. Make sure to ask your own questions as well! This will impress the employer, and show you have a genuine interest in the position. Make sure to smile, as this is very important in the customer service field of employment. Smiling will also help you appear to be an enthusiastic employee and the super retail star that you are! Good Luck!   Answer Question
    Min. Wage

Courtesy Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kroger.

very easy just confirmed info hired on spot. The background check and drug test took FOREVER to come back 2 weeks and that was with no criminal record. coulda asked more qestions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Lyon, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Lyon, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger in May 2014.

I applied on a Sunday and got a call two days later and interviewed the day after getting the call. The lady who called me was also the one who interviewed me. My interview was easy and went by very quick. She looked over my application then asked me about my availability. After that, she told me that they do a mandatory drug test and background check then asked me if that was ok. When I said that was ok, she gave me the drug test and had me sign and initial some things. After the test was complete, she told me that she'll call me in a week when the results come back and get me set up for orientation then get me working.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Only asked about my availability.   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger in May 2014.

Phone Interview followed by in person interview. Phone interview was with the person you will be reporting to if you get the position. Want to know your understanding of their programs they use so read and research the job description of your position carefully.

Interview Questions
    • Rank your top three programs you are familiar with and explain how you've worked with them in the past.   Answer Question