Kroger

Average Difficulty
388 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Kroger

Interview Details – Submitted an application and about 5 days later I was given a call. They asked me if I was still interested in the position, would be willing to work on weekends and weekdays and receive minimum wage. She then set up an interview.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

South Lyon, MI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kroger in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on a Sunday and got a call two days later and interviewed the day after getting the call. The lady who called me was also the one who interviewed me. My interview was easy and went by very quick. She looked over my application then asked me about my availability. After that, she told me that they do a mandatory drug test and background check then asked me if that was ok. When I said that was ok, she gave me the drug test and had me sign and initial some things. After the test was complete, she told me that she'll call me in a week when the results come back and get me set up for orientation then get me working.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Only asked about my availability.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Courtesy Clerk

Interviewed at Kroger

Interview Details – To begin the process an online application and an assessment is required. It is followed by an an person interview with hiring manager. Background check and drug tests are required but the drug test is done after you pass the background check. It seemed fairly standard.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you helped someone you did not know, in the past two weeks   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none

Nutrition Department Manager Interview

Nutrition Department Manager
Lapeer, MI

I applied through other source - interviewed at Kroger in December 2013.

Interview Details – Seniority based on skill and ability. The Jobs are bid in the store per the union contract. Jobs are bid and signed and then an interview is requested. The interview process is done with all of the interested bidders and then the store management makes a decision.

Interview Question – When was a time that you were able to get others to change their behaviors and how did you do that?   Answer Question

Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kroger in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was called in a day before the interview. I went in and the interview was about 20 minutes before they told me I had the Job.They did proceeded to have me fill out some papers and took a drug test. I was called in for the job after my test results came in.

Meat Clerk Interview

Meat Clerk
Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in January 2012.

Interview Details – It was a bit of a drawn out process and I contacted the Human Resources manager on site multiple times prior to getting the interview but once set up the interview was fairly straight forward with basic questions asked about my resume and background in jobs. There were no unexpected questions or badgering.

Interviewed at Kroger

Interview Details – Excellent First Job experience. Easy interview. Easy Job. Lots of fun. Go get started now! Best suited for high school students and the elderly. Apply online or in store. Wait for a call. Come in for interview. Ask questions. Answer Questions. Agree on Pay. Get trained. Get Schedule. Get started!

Interview Question – No difficult questions here! Answer openly and honestly. Make sure to ask your own questions as well! This will impress the employer, and show you have a genuine interest in the position. Make sure to smile, as this is very important in the customer service field of employment. Smiling will also help you appear to be an enthusiastic employee and the super retail star that you are! Good Luck!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Min. Wage

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Courtesy Clerk

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details – very easy just confirmed info hired on spot. The background check and drug test took FOREVER to come back 2 weeks and that was with no criminal record. coulda asked more qestions

IOS Engineer Interview

IOS Engineer
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Kroger in April 2013.

Interview Details – One on-site interview with 4 people in 1 session. Interviewers included the resource manager for the group, the development lead and two developers. Interview was less than 45 minutes. Interview consisted only of verbal questions that were primarily domain specific rather than general computer science questions. There was no white board coding and no sample code requested.

Took a brief tour of the office. It primarily consisted of one large room with multiple long rows of desks (two sided desks so that you face another person and then usually have someone to your right and left at connected desks).

Interview Question – What is SOLID?   View Answer

Night Cashier Interview

Night Cashier
Madison, TN

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kroger in December 2011.

Interview Details – Just asked about availability, and discussed rate of pay. Short and simple questions, very laid back