Kroger Interview Questions in Kentucky

Updated Jun 29, 2015

1.9

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Kroger (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Just had a interview with the manager.... asked me why I want to work here and my background. Cool manager and pretty laid back. If you have some type of medical background and aren't dumb then you will get the job.

Deli/Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger (Louisville, KY) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone interview about a week later and was asked some pretty easy questions (why do you want to work for Kroger, what does customer service mean to you? etc.) then I was scheduled for an in store interview. Went in, had a brief pleasant chat and was offered the job.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Kroger (Louisville, KY) in October 2014.

Interview

They were very friendly and casual. They stated what they were looking for and what they could offer. They talked about the companies mission as well as the growth within the company and where they were looking to expand. They talked about their leadership school and the training they offered. They were very informative.

Interview Questions

• If I knew about the company   1 Answer

Executive Chef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kroger (Lexington-Fayette, KY).

Interview

Drug test,swab....background check...called two refrences and had three interveiws...first with the kroger hiring chef then managemnet and finally store managment....very easy and standard interveiws...easy easy...its nion so there is no negotiations but they have a ton of benefits foe employees

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Its union so no negotiations

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kroger (Lexington-Fayette, KY).

Interview

The hiring at Kroger is pretty simple. As long as you put in your application, call back within about two days. They ask you a few simple questions and drug test that day. As long as your background and drug test come back clean, your golden. After that it is a bunch of online stuff.

Negotiation

Since they are unionized, it's a little difficult to negotiate pay.

Human Resources Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brandenburg, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger (Brandenburg, KY) in November 2013.

Interview

Was call and set up appt. for interview. Got to Kroger before the interviewer. Watched her walk in the door with her breakfast. Went inside, asked for her at customer service desk, and she came out and greeted me and took me to her office for interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kroger (Middletown, KY) in October 2013.

Interview

I walked in the door looking for a position since I was new in the area and needed something quickly. That day I was able meet with human resources and fill out paperwork before going home to fill out the online application to make things official. The woman in HR told me that with my background I looked more than qualified and that combined with personality, I was the right one to replace the existing manager that was leaving. The next day she scheduled me to begin training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Kroger does not negotiate regarding new hires for in-store positions. Once you are hired, the financial end can be adjusted based upon your background of three or more years experience in a related field and performance in the first two weeks.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger (Covington, KY) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online and got called for an interview a week later. Came in on the upcoming Monday, went through the interview process, got told they wanted people with experience handling cash registers even though my resume clearly stated beforehand that I had none. Was called the Friday after my interview to be asked a few questions and told that I had the job. Was also told that I would be called back with a time to come in and with a schedule. A week later and still no call back. Have called, and left a voice mail on the manager's work voice mail since she was in a meeting on those days. Have yet to be called back or given any answer to whether I have the job.

Interview Questions

• In a previous workplace, name a difficult situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none. Set price of $7.40

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger (Louisville, KY).

Interview

I had one interview where I went to the store and asked me basic questions. It took about thirty minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Powderly, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kroger (Powderly, KY) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied, went in for an interview after I was called, and asked when I could start. There was no real interview process. I went in, met the associate manager, and was drug tested. After I passed that I started training and was hired on for a probate period of 60 days. After that you join the Union.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. 10 cents above min wage.