Kroger Meat Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

1.5

Meat Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kroger in July 2015.

Interview

Got a call after applying. Gave a short phone interview. Went in and did a store I terview a few days later. It seemed like the interview went well, but in the end they didn't hire me. They did not do a drug test on sight and did not schedule me for a second interview. I think they went with other more qualified applicants.

Interview Questions

• Whats one time you weren't compromising with coworkers.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Meat Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger in July 2015.

Interview

first someone called with a phone interview and then explained that there would be an in-person interview. the in-person interview was short and simple and involved only a few questions

Interview Questions

• how long do you plan on working here, whats your availability   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Columbia, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

Filled out an application online, then was called in for a phone interview within a week. After the phone interview, I was scheduled for an in-person interview at the store. The store interview was relaxed, and we just discussed the store for a little bit. Immediately afterwards, I took a drug test, and I'm now waiting for the results.

Meat Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger in September 2014.

Interview

The meat department interview process of Kroger is a group interview. the size of the group i heard can range anywhere from 4-20 people. when i took my interview there was only seven of us. the interview questions where overall very easy. it lasted about 20-30 minutes minus all the paperwork. at the end of the interview if they took interest in you they will ask you to take an oral drug test (mouth swab) and offer yo a position.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite item out of the store ? now sell it to us.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Roswell, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

Went through two different interviews. First was just a basic answer questions. Then they will call you back for drug test and papers to go to an offsite training facility. The training was long and boring and consisted of two days. Really did not learn much. The hours are long and usually alone and they leave you lists of things to do every day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay is already set

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Mason, OH) in November 2013.

Interview

It was hey how are you? Tell me a little bit about yourself and when can you start. Didn't ask why I would be a good fit for the company or ask about related experience. I walked in had the interview and got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Durham, NC) in June 2013.

Interview

Hard to get your application noticed, I had to apply twice. But when I got to the interview, it was a smple conformation of my job experience and a drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay s non negotiable, higher pay given for experience.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Richmond, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

Only one phone call, and one in-store interview. The call was simple to schedule the in-store interview. The in store interview consisted of two questions. "Why do you want to work here" and "Tell me a when you and a co-worker got in a disagreement" From there I was asked about compensation, took a salivary drug test, and consented to a background check.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me a when you and a co-worker got in a disagreement"   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked me if I would be ok with minimum wage. Since it was my first job, I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in January 2012.

Interview

It was a bit of a drawn out process and I contacted the Human Resources manager on site multiple times prior to getting the interview but once set up the interview was fairly straight forward with basic questions asked about my resume and background in jobs. There were no unexpected questions or badgering.

Anonymous Employee in Missouri City, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Missouri City, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

I applied online, and was called in for and interview window. I was asked some very basic questions; why do you want to work here, what are your strengths, what is your availability etc. Then I was given a drug test, and given a date for training.

Interview Questions

• there were no particularly difficult questions, but the one thing i would do differently is ask questions about what positions are available. i was hired as a front end clerk, but there are other positions that pay more and require no additional experience.   Answer Question