Kroger Interview Questions & Reviews in Michigan

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kroger.

job fair at college, recruiter contacted me a week later to set up an interview. Arrived at the interview and found out it was a panel of various management personnel. very intimidating.

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Lyon, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Lyon, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kroger in May 2014.

I applied on a Sunday and got a call two days later and interviewed the day after getting the call. The lady who called me was also the one who interviewed me. My interview was easy and went by very quick. She looked over my application then asked me about my availability. After that, she told me that they do a mandatory drug test and background check then asked me if that was ok. When I said that was ok, she gave me the drug test and had me sign and initial some things. After the test was complete, she told me that she'll call me in a week when the results come back and get me set up for orientation then get me working.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Only asked about my availability.   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Nutrition Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lapeer, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lapeer, MI

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Kroger in December 2013.

Seniority based on skill and ability. The Jobs are bid in the store per the union contract. Jobs are bid and signed and then an interview is requested. The interview process is done with all of the interested bidders and then the store management makes a decision.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time that you were able to get others to change their behaviors and how did you do that?   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dearborn Heights, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Dearborn Heights, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger.

The interview was very easy and quick . I was called the day after I applied for my interview.I was asked about my skills, work history, hobbies etc. I was given a drug test than told I would be called back soon. last than two days later I was called for orientation. The next day a lady from costumer service called me to work a 6 hour shift. The worse thing about it is I was never trained.

Pharmcy Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sterling Heights, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kroger in January 2014.

Turned resume in. Got an email for an interview. They got back to me like 2 months later.

Interview Questions
    • If accepted to our company, what do you hope to achieve in 5 years.   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ypsilanti, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ypsilanti, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kroger in February 2013.

Get called for an interview, if they like you they drug test you that same sitting, wait for the test to come back go in to fill out paper work. You have ten hours of computer training you have to complete before you get put on schedule and I had to travel to a different store for store training, which was a waste of time because you're really only learning the history of Kroger and nothing to do with your job title but at least that part is paid. On your first day of actual work you get dragged around and shown what to do and where everything is

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Royal Oak, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Royal Oak, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Kroger in March 2012.

Hiring process was minimal, I was told at the onset I was basically already hired, just needed to do mouth swab and wait on results. Once results returned there were a few days of paid training, mostly modules done on the computer.

Interview Questions
    • Like I said they play it pretty fast and loose here, don't expect to be challenged in the interview process.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, a call basically meant you were hired. Note that this is for unskilled, entry level jobs. If you have experience in a department you might have a different hiring experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Blanc, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Blanc, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Kroger in September 2013.

I filled out an online application friday and was called saturday afternoon to come in sunday morning (today). It was a 1 on 1 interview with the general manager. i wasn't asked much, the basic where have you worked/gone to school/what are your plans for the future. I was given a drug test with an oral swab, you just leave it in your mouth for about 10 minutes. He informed me that when it came back cleared i'd be sent to a different location for an orientation meeting, and then a separate day (i think) would be computer training, i guess all the training is done on a computer program. both of those i'd be paid for.

Interview Questions
    • there wasn't anything unexpected or much questioning in general, he did most of the talking.   Answer Question
    no negotiating, the job starts out minimum wage but with the union you get a raise every 6 months. and i filled out my application for "any" available position & he hasn't decided if i'll be going up front as a cashier or in the deli, i said i would prefer up front but i think he's leaning towards the deli, he had me meet the deli manager but after he still said we'll see where we can put me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Farmington Hills, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Kroger in June 2009.

Submitted necessary materials and they did a background check and asked a few questions about what I wanted to do. I just wanted a summer job and that was fine with them.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation - they had a system set up where you get a raise every 6 months.

Meat Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Michigan Center, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Michigan Center, MI

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kroger in March 2009.

Only requirement is to be able to pass a 3 day Drug Test

Constant hours, only accept offer if you want 40 plus hours

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!