Kroger

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details – job fair at college, recruiter contacted me a week later to set up an interview. Arrived at the interview and found out it was a panel of various management personnel. very intimidating.

Interview Question – standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

South Lyon, MI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kroger in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on a Sunday and got a call two days later and interviewed the day after getting the call. The lady who called me was also the one who interviewed me. My interview was easy and went by very quick. She looked over my application then asked me about my availability. After that, she told me that they do a mandatory drug test and background check then asked me if that was ok. When I said that was ok, she gave me the drug test and had me sign and initial some things. After the test was complete, she told me that she'll call me in a week when the results come back and get me set up for orientation then get me working.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Only asked about my availability.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Nutrition Department Manager Interview

Nutrition Department Manager
Lapeer, MI

I applied through other source - interviewed at Kroger in December 2013.

Interview Details – Seniority based on skill and ability. The Jobs are bid in the store per the union contract. Jobs are bid and signed and then an interview is requested. The interview process is done with all of the interested bidders and then the store management makes a decision.

Interview Question – When was a time that you were able to get others to change their behaviors and how did you do that?   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Courtesy Clerk
Dearborn Heights, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details – The interview was very easy and quick . I was called the day after I applied for my interview.I was asked about my skills, work history, hobbies etc. I was given a drug test than told I would be called back soon. last than two days later I was called for orientation. The next day a lady from costumer service called me to work a 6 hour shift. The worse thing about it is I was never trained.

Pharmcy Intern Interview

Pharmcy Intern
Sterling Heights, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kroger in January 2014.

Interview Details – Turned resume in. Got an email for an interview. They got back to me like 2 months later.

Interview Question – If accepted to our company, what do you hope to achieve in 5 years.   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Courtesy Clerk
Ypsilanti, MI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kroger in February 2013.

Interview Details – Get called for an interview, if they like you they drug test you that same sitting, wait for the test to come back go in to fill out paper work. You have ten hours of computer training you have to complete before you get put on schedule and I had to travel to a different store for store training, which was a waste of time because you're really only learning the history of Kroger and nothing to do with your job title but at least that part is paid. On your first day of actual work you get dragged around and shown what to do and where everything is

Interview Question – What can you do for this company   Answer Question

Royal Oak, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kroger in March 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process was minimal, I was told at the onset I was basically already hired, just needed to do mouth swab and wait on results. Once results returned there were a few days of paid training, mostly modules done on the computer.

Interview Question – Like I said they play it pretty fast and loose here, don't expect to be challenged in the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, a call basically meant you were hired. Note that this is for unskilled, entry level jobs. If you have experience in a department you might have a different hiring experience.

Grand Blanc, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kroger in September 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out an online application friday and was called saturday afternoon to come in sunday morning (today). It was a 1 on 1 interview with the general manager. i wasn't asked much, the basic where have you worked/gone to school/what are your plans for the future. I was given a drug test with an oral swab, you just leave it in your mouth for about 10 minutes. He informed me that when it came back cleared i'd be sent to a different location for an orientation meeting, and then a separate day (i think) would be computer training, i guess all the training is done on a computer program. both of those i'd be paid for.

Interview Question – there wasn't anything unexpected or much questioning in general, he did most of the talking.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiating, the job starts out minimum wage but with the union you get a raise every 6 months. and i filled out my application for "any" available position & he hasn't decided if i'll be going up front as a cashier or in the deli, i said i would prefer up front but i think he's leaning towards the deli, he had me meet the deli manager but after he still said we'll see where we can put me.

Farmington Hills, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kroger in June 2009.

Interview Details – Submitted necessary materials and they did a background check and asked a few questions about what I wanted to do. I just wanted a summer job and that was fine with them.

Interview Question – Didn't get difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - they had a system set up where you get a raise every 6 months.

Meat Clerk Interview

Meat Clerk
Michigan Center, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kroger in March 2009.

Interview Details – Only requirement is to be able to pass a 3 day Drug Test

Negotiation Details – Constant hours, only accept offer if you want 40 plus hours

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kroger

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kroger interview questions and advice in Michigan. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kroger employees and interview candidates.