Kroger Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Harrisburg, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

There are several stages for the Interview process, The online application was fairly easy but rather lengthy. The first interview was a major see if we like you and if you like us scenario. The second interview was a bit more in depth, going into detail about many aspects of the running of he store and gauging if the applicant can handle the facets of the job. The final interview was the official offer and acceptance of the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked how you would handle a belligerent customer, someone who is not happy when they come in, and turn them to a satisfied customer.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Hired in as a co-manager. Promoted to Store Manager after 7 years with the company. I did not get interviewed for Store Manager job. I was simply asked to accept the assignment. I was happy to.

Interview Questions

• the interview was a very easy process to pass. General questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Kroger (Louisville, KY) in October 2014.

Interview

They were very friendly and casual. They stated what they were looking for and what they could offer. They talked about the companies mission as well as the growth within the company and where they were looking to expand. They talked about their leadership school and the training they offered. They were very informative.

Interview Questions

• If I knew about the company   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2014.

Interview

great experience with the interview process and all the things it entailed as far as being in a group interview and asked questions by the hr specialist and the store manager to be given a review of what the expectations were and what was to be expected of me if I was offered the position and what was to come in the days and weeks ahead

Interview Questions

• good interview questions concerning my management skills and tasking   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

Very long second interview with four Kroger manager-types. All were very polite. Interview took two hours including power point presentation. Standard behavior based questions. They wanted very detailed answers to their questions. I would recommend that any interviewee brush up on the STAR approach to these type of interviews. First interview was quite easy and subsequent online questions took just two hours to answer fully.

Interview Questions

• Every question is difficult when your future is on the line.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Memphis, TN) in August 2011.

Interview

Participated in LCI program. Actually followed letter and spirit of program. Trained in each department. Did not get each department to just sign off on me and move me along. Was told my speed was not sufficient. Was dismissed.

Interview Questions

• have you ever lied to anyone?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Memphis, TN) in May 2010.

Interview

This was an internal interview for a company I already work for. They post jobs via email. The zone manager interviews you by phone or at office. You find out within a few days or weeks if you get the job. Questions about management style, accomplishments in store, working with people, etc.

Interview Questions

• What would 5 people all in a row say about you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Nashville, TN) in April 2010.

Interview

The interview process went very well. You have to make sure to know your work history and the outcomes of your examples. Be very professionally dressed as well.