Kroger

Updated Feb 25, 2015

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger in February 2015.

There are several stages for the Interview process, The online application was fairly easy but rather lengthy. The first interview was a major see if we like you and if you like us scenario. The second interview was a bit more in depth, going into detail about many aspects of the running of he store and gauging if the applicant can handle the facets of the job. The final interview was the official offer and acceptance of the job.

Interview Questions
  • They asked how you would handle a belligerent customer, someone who is not happy when they come in, and turn them to a satisfied customer.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Store Manager Interview

Hired in as a co-manager. Promoted to Store Manager after 7 years with the company. I did not get interviewed for Store Manager job. I was simply asked to accept the assignment. I was happy to.

Interview Questions
    • the interview was a very easy process to pass. General questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger in May 2013.

Very long second interview with four Kroger manager-types. All were very polite. Interview took two hours including power point presentation. Standard behavior based questions. They wanted very detailed answers to their questions. I would recommend that any interviewee brush up on the STAR approach to these type of interviews. First interview was quite easy and subsequent online questions took just two hours to answer fully.

Interview Questions
    • Every question is difficult when your future is on the line.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kroger in August 2011.

Participated in LCI program. Actually followed letter and spirit of program. Trained in each department. Did not get each department to just sign off on me and move me along. Was told my speed was not sufficient. Was dismissed.

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kroger in May 2010.

This was an internal interview for a company I already work for. They post jobs via email. The zone manager interviews you by phone or at office. You find out within a few days or weeks if you get the job. Questions about management style, accomplishments in store, working with people, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What would 5 people all in a row say about you?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kroger in April 2010.

The interview process went very well. You have to make sure to know your work history and the outcomes of your examples. Be very professionally dressed as well.