Kroll Background Screening

Kroll Background Screening Interview Questions

3.5

Records Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroll Background Screening.

It took a week to get an interview...pretty simple

Pay was not enough

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Kroll Background Screening in May 2013.

1 - 30 minute technical phone screening - was asked several specific tech-related questions by the PM and another employee. There were several questions I had no experience with, but they decided to go on to an in-person interview anyway.

2 - A 2-hour onsite interview with the dev team, and the QA and Data Services leads. Went well, seemed like I was a good social and technical fit for what they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any experience with X - feature of X - programming language?
      I didn't so I had to answer no, but they didn't seem too disappointed; more of just trying to get a better feel for how I handled uncertainty.
        Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Kroll Background Screening in June 2010.

Direct contact from HR based off a posted resume on a career site. A phone interview was set up w/in a week with the hiring manager and on site interview in the week following. All expense were paid for the interview and Kroll handled arrangment for travel/accomodations.

The environment was very nice and all individuals encountered were friendly and guinuinely cared about what I had to say. They also indicated that they liked working there.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Kroll Background Screening in December 2009.

Intial communication with the HR talent recruiter was great. He was very personable and informative.

Kroll shares a building with a university thus parking is tough. The building/facility is very nice.

I was interviewed by a PM and BA who owned the job position. They were both male and had very little social skills. The PM stated that he may be focused on his blackberry during the interview due to a production situation. I found that a bit rude that he couldn't give up 30 minutes to focus on a potential hire- it showed me that his management style is controlling. I would have rather they re-scheduled...

The first question, "Tell us about yourself." As I answered, both of them looked down and gave no eye contact. They were not taking notes. The rest of the questions focused on scrutinizing my resume, asking me to explain every bullet, and define almost every term I had listed on the resume. Never did they nod their heads, or explain if any of my skills, experience fit the company. For instance I was asked about my presentation skills in terms of What's the largest group you've addressed, what was the audience, were you comfortable and so on. But they never tied it back to the company in terms of, "we need someone on the team who can present or we give a lot of presentations, etc. That was pretty standard for most of the ?'s. It seemed they wanted me to know the definition to every business term out there - I'll admit I got nervous since the body language was so non-interested and I'm not used to defining everything on the fly. I am a very outgoing person that can hold a good conversation with just about anyone.

My advice to anyone interviewing is to be prepared to know a definition for every term on your resume. They definitely knew my resume well.
    Other ?'s they asked - What do you do to unwind after work? What was the last professional book you read? How do you keep up with industry trenduts? How do you confirm if the requirements gathered are correct? What pushes your buttons? Tell us about a difficult work situation and how you handled it?

Interview Questions
    • What do you to unwind after work?   View Answer
    • Have you ever developed a Vision/ Scope Document for a project?   View Answer
    • Define stakeholder analysis and when you know you are done with it.   View Answer

Acc Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Kroll Background Screening in August 2013.

Background and references

Very long

Team Leader Interview

Personal Interview with the Manager Human Resources followed by interview with the Operations Manager

Interview Questions
    • Questions on skills demonstrated required to fulfill the position of team leader. strengths and weakness.   Answer Question

Verification Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kroll Background Screening in May 2008.

I recieved the opportunity to interview for this position via a staffing agency. The interview itself was short and sweet. I was interviewed the by Human Resources manager. She went over my resume and asked to me comment on my work history, my customer service experience, my tranferable skills and some general background information.

Interview Questions

Worked for Kroll Background Screening? Contribute to the Community!