Kroll

14 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Junior Analyst Interview

Interviewed at Kroll

Interview Details – Group interview followed by individual interview. Company overview followed by resume review

Interview Question – Routine resume review questions   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Case Manager
Reston, VA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kroll.

Interview Details – Submitted an application online, did a phone interview, asked to interview in person at the Reston office several weeks later. Phone interview covered resume information and basic HR questions - how do you handle time crunches, can you multitask, etc. In-person interview was cordial and consisted of general questions about prior work and research experience. Was given two articles in the languages listed on my resume to summarize in English; the articles are fairly simple if you're actually fluent in the languages you list.

Interview Question – Why do you want to do this type of work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate.

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Kroll in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for Research Analyst role in February 2012 on the Kroll careers website and did not expect to hear back. The role I applied for was in Philadelphia but I received a phone call to come in for an interview for a position at Kroll's New York office in late March 2012. I completed my first round interview, which was a two hour document review and oral report of my findings. The last 30 minutes of my interview were general culture fit questions.

My interviewer's promise to contact me later that week but took three weeks to get in touch after my repeated follow up emails. I had my second round interview, which consisted of a three hour research and writing test four weeks after my first interview.

It was another four weeks of follow up emails with the HR contact before I was informed that Kroll was going through restructuring and had put all applications on hold. They promised to get in touch, which they never did.

Interview Question – The writing exam was slightly difficult as there were very few instructions to help you structure your response. Nonetheless, I wrote an excellent report based on the documents that I had to go through.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Associate Case Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Kroll.

Interview Details – I found the job online and applied and was emailed several weeks later about setting up an online interview. I was given 45 minutes to complete an online case study. At a scheduled time, a prompt was emailed to me and I had to do research on a specific individual and recommend whether or not a client of theirs should do business with them.

Interview Question – None - I was told what the assessment would entail. Although it was difficult to to find good information on the individual.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Kroll.

Interview Details – I was given 90 minutes to do a background search on two people and summarize two difficult articles in Russian. Then, they called me back for an in-person interview, and within a couple of days, I was offered a position.

Interview Question – The most difficult aspect was the language summary.   Answer Question

Reston, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Kroll in May 2011.

Interview Details – Initial contact was with a classmate who put me in touch with a recruiter. She emailed to set up an interview at their office in Reston, VA. I went in for the interview and there was a group presentation and mini-interview (basic details of education/experience) in their main conference room. Then they distributed the language assessments, which consisted of a business-related article from a newspaper in the language you applied for (French for myself). They asked you to summarize the article in English, and did not allow the use of dictionaries or other aids.

Then they pulled people out at random for the 2:1 interview. I sat with two employees who played a bad-cop, good-cop thing (maybe one of them just didn't like me). Asked standard questions, solve this problem, how would you go about this, etc.

Went back to the conference room and completed the language assessment. After I was done I turned it in to the HR director who walked me out and said they'd be in touch. Got an email about a week later that I was not selected.

Overall not a bad experience. Not a hard interview per se, just a little intense. Took about 4 hours total.

Interview Question – If one of our clients wants to invest in a French pharmaceutical company, how would you go about researching them for potential risks?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Loveland, CO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kroll in November 2009.

Interview Details – un-organized phone interview - lack of content

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – same game - different name

Valuation Associate Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Kroll in May 2008.

Interview Details – I interviewed as a college senior. Firm seems very good, talked to 6 people total - a bit excessive if you ask me. First interviewed with the other associates, then with a manager, and then a managing director. Everyone was nice enough and the questions were more behavioral than anything. I suppose this is because there is a "Test" - takes around one hour (45mins). Mainly focusing on how you would value a company with a mini case study. Fairly simple, they said they focus on process and methods rather than the "right" answer.

Interview Question – What factors would you consider in valuing a company?   View Answer

Associate Case Manager

Interviewed at Kroll

Interview Details – Received e-mail and was told I had to do an online test. They asked me to prepare quick reports and background checks on certain individuals or industries. Then I had to do similar tests in the other languages I said I spoke, because they are very interested in candidates who speak other languages.

Interview Question – The Arabic test was ridiculously difficult   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Associate Director
London, England (UK)

I interviewed at Kroll in April 2009.

Interview Details – Several interviews. Writing test.

Interview Question – What do you see yourself dong in five years?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Kroll? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kroll interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kroll employees and interview candidates.