Kroll Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.8

Junior Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kroll (Reston, VA).

Interview

Very informal process - met with 4 different people to learn about the company and the role. They asked all the typical interview questions and did seem to focus heavily on the content of my resume.

Interview Questions

• Can you see yourself editing reports all day, every day?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kroll.

Interview

I was brought on as a Chinese-language analyst. First I received an automated email about taking a Chinese-language exam and completing a sample case on an individual based in Africa. Once I passed that, I was invited to an interview with two of the directors at the DC office. The interview wasn't that stressful - they were both nice people and great managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation - the pay for this internship is among the top in DC already and anyone can take your job if it's not enough for you.

Attorney Interview

Interview

Applied online, got an email back saying they'd like to set up a time to introduce me to their legal team and interview in person. A week or two went by, I called them and had a brief phone screen interview. They said needed to get with the hiring manager about next steps. A few more weeks went by of trying to get an update and eventually I heard that they had hired someone else.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any unexpected/difficult questions, it was a standard phone screen interview asking about my background.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroll in August 2014.

Interview

A 45 minute Research Assessment, a 45 minute language assessment, followed by a Skype interview. It was relatively easy. During the Skype interview, they asked about research methods, what due diligence I had done on Kroll, and standard behavioral interview questions. It was the office director and associate director who interviewed me. I think they were trying to play good cop and bad cop, but it was not too intimidating.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Junior Analyst Interview

Interview

Group interview followed by individual interview. Company overview followed by resume review

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kroll (Reston, VA).

Interview

Submitted an application online, did a phone interview, asked to interview in person at the Reston office several weeks later. Phone interview covered resume information and basic HR questions - how do you handle time crunches, can you multitask, etc. In-person interview was cordial and consisted of general questions about prior work and research experience. Was given two articles in the languages listed on my resume to summarize in English; the articles are fairly simple if you're actually fluent in the languages you list.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kroll.

Interview

I found the job online and applied and was emailed several weeks later about setting up an online interview. I was given 45 minutes to complete an online case study. At a scheduled time, a prompt was emailed to me and I had to do research on a specific individual and recommend whether or not a client of theirs should do business with them.

Interview Questions

• None - I was told what the assessment would entail. Although it was difficult to to find good information on the individual.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kroll.

Interview

I was given 90 minutes to do a background search on two people and summarize two difficult articles in Russian. Then, they called me back for an in-person interview, and within a couple of days, I was offered a position.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Kroll (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied for Research Analyst role in February 2012 on the Kroll careers website and did not expect to hear back. The role I applied for was in Philadelphia but I received a phone call to come in for an interview for a position at Kroll's New York office in late March 2012. I completed my first round interview, which was a two hour document review and oral report of my findings. The last 30 minutes of my interview were general culture fit questions.

My interviewer's promise to contact me later that week but took three weeks to get in touch after my repeated follow up emails. I had my second round interview, which consisted of a three hour research and writing test four weeks after my first interview.

It was another four weeks of follow up emails with the HR contact before I was informed that Kroll was going through restructuring and had put all applications on hold. They promised to get in touch, which they never did.

Interview Questions

• The writing exam was slightly difficult as there were very few instructions to help you structure your response. Nonetheless, I wrote an excellent report based on the documents that I had to go through.   Answer Question

Associate Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kroll (Reston, VA) in May 2011.

Interview

Initial contact was with a classmate who put me in touch with a recruiter. She emailed to set up an interview at their office in Reston, VA. I went in for the interview and there was a group presentation and mini-interview (basic details of education/experience) in their main conference room. Then they distributed the language assessments, which consisted of a business-related article from a newspaper in the language you applied for (French for myself). They asked you to summarize the article in English, and did not allow the use of dictionaries or other aids.

Then they pulled people out at random for the 2:1 interview. I sat with two employees who played a bad-cop, good-cop thing (maybe one of them just didn't like me). Asked standard questions, solve this problem, how would you go about this, etc.

Went back to the conference room and completed the language assessment. After I was done I turned it in to the HR director who walked me out and said they'd be in touch. Got an email about a week later that I was not selected.

Overall not a bad experience. Not a hard interview per se, just a little intense. Took about 4 hours total.

Interview Questions

• If one of our clients wants to invest in a French pharmaceutical company, how would you go about researching them for potential risks?   Answer Question