Kroll Ontrack Interview Questions

3.5

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Kroll Ontrack.

Interview

I had several interviews, which were over the phone and in person. I met with two managers and one person who was currently in sales. Everyone was friendly, and I think it helped that I was referred by another employee.

Interview Questions

• Describe the unique contributions you will make to the company.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Kroll Ontrack.

Interview

Interview process was typical - however they do a good job selling you on a promise you'll make a lot of money, that clients are dying to talk to you and that Kroll Ontrack is still the gold standard. This isn't true.

Interview Questions

• Do you have contacts - they are primarily looking for people that can bring their book of business from another competing provider.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation phase is most likely different now. Recommend to negotiate the non-compete.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Kroll Ontrack.

Interview

Took months to get a response and schedule an interview.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Kroll Ontrack.

Interview

very long. I went through at least 4 rounds of interview

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kroll Ontrack (Eden Prairie, MN) in October 2013.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 1 in person interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They would not negotiate

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kroll Ontrack (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, phone interview with sales development director, phone interview/video conference with sales development director and one more video conference with sales development director - at job location.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Do you homework, and be very prepared with specifices about your background, the job title and any information you can gather about the salary for the position prior to the first phone interview.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kroll Ontrack (Eden Prairie, MN) in April 2010.

Interview

I had 10 interviews, 3 over the phone and 7 in person. They have a black ball process wherein if one person along the way voices their dissent, the person is not hired and it is a supposedly anonlymous process so no one will ever know who was the one who said no.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroll Ontrack (Eden Prairie, MN) in May 2009.

Interview

First, there was a written test of basic programming reasoning. While I felt a little rusty, I felt like I did well, and it was confirmed that my score was quite high. The face-to-face interview followed with the hiring manager for the group, two lead developers, and the quality assurance manager (each separately). I did not feel like there were any overly difficult questions. I felt as though I had good skills in the areas they seemed to want, but I found out later that they decided to continue the search. If I am not mistaken, they had 3-4 candidates interviewing for a position that had been posted since mid-March, and at the end of May, they still weren't filling the position. I'm not sure what exactly that is a sign of, but I don't think it's good.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a split-second decision and decided not to follow through with it.   2 Answers

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Kroll Ontrack (Eden Prairie, MN) in February 2009.

Interview

It was a very team oriented and technology focused interview.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge about the SDLC processes   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kroll Ontrack (Eden Prairie, MN) in January 2009.

Interview

Had a written test along with behavior questions - they had multiple rounds of interview. It was little overwhelming to meet with 7 people in the span of 3.5 hrs but worked out ok for me.

Interview Questions

• Lot of deep technical questions and they wanted to understand how I can tackle different situations. Kroll had TB's of data so need to be strong in DB skills and data access layers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were flexible and was willing to pay for the right talent.