Kuehne + Nagel

Updated Jan 28, 2015
Updated Jan 28, 2015

2.7

Ocean Export Coordinator Interview

Once I apply, I receive a call for the recruiter two days after. General called, the recruiter checked my background, my inters in the company and availability for a face to face interview.

During the face to face inter view: The interviewers were very professional, straight to the point, participation of different manager and supervisor.

The interviw lasted about two hours and the hiring decision was the same day.

Interview Questions
    • How will you manage unhappy customer due to port congestions?   Answer Question

Senior Sales Position Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kuehne + Nagel.

They check your references, but are more interested in the relationships you will bring to K+N than the candidate. They utilize recruiters a lot for management. It helps if bringing you onboard will hurt the competition.

Interview Questions
    • Exactly how much business do you think you can bring with you if hired, and how long it will it take you to get them to switch   Answer Question
    Yes. After asking for 10% above original offer, I was able to increase the original offer by 4%

Logistics Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kuehne + Nagel in October 2014.

I applied online. I then received a call about a week later to interview. I interviewed with two people. The interview was very comfortable for me - mostly conversational. They asked me what I knew about the company and the division that I would be working in. They reviewed my resume, and asked a few question about my background.

I applied in early October. The company informed me that they would be hiring from November 2014 up to early 2014. I didn't get an offer until December, so the process was long. However, each time I followed up with the company, I received a response in regard to the hiring decision.

Interview Questions
    Even though I knew what the company was paying for the position, I was happy with what they offered me.

Finance Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kuehne + Nagel.

It was very informal, I got interviewed by 3 people, very easy to talk. I have to say that they do not have a stablished process, so I do not know if this comments will apply to everybody, it depends I guess who will be your boss.

Business Solutions Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Kuehne + Nagel in April 2013.

The interview process will take approximately 4 steps. There will be one interview with HR, usually 2 interviews with your hiring manager, and a final meeting with a company officer. You may be asked to fly to meet with various individuals in their US HQ location, and you may also be asked to meet with individuals who are located near your place of residence.

Interview Questions
    • Describe in detail how you would establish a successful plan to integrate a new customer who wishes to do business with us across 3 continents.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate some salary and annual bonus.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kuehne + Nagel in February 2013.

I was referred from somebody of the company for the intern position.Someone from HR approach me by email and we set up the first day of interview. They were very nice and polite with me. Unfortunately I wasn't on the country I planned to work, so the interview needed to be by skype. After a few day of no response, I contacted the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • As for the position of an intern, and of course still studying, some of the questions were focused on daily activity and skill with programs. I was asked how i would perform some actions on one of the programs i was not well prepared for usage.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Kuehne + Nagel in May 2012.

A few interviews, willing to travel, open-minded

Ocean Export Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Kuehne + Nagel in March 2012.

They ask you why you chose this company.

Interview Questions
    They wanted me to work and they wanted to see how well I do.

Accounting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Burnie, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Burnie, MD

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kuehne + Nagel in August 2011.

They only get new people through temp agency.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kuehne + Nagel in April 2010.

People were nice and courteous.
    Interviews were focused on background, experience, what I have to offer the company, what I plan to do/change if selected.
    Some general questions ... something like a business-case.

Interview Questions
    • What is your most siginificant contribution to the growth of your current employer?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle adversity - personal, and business?   Answer Question
    Salary, vacation, bonus