Kum & Go

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kum & Go in November 2010.

Interview Details – i had a 1 on 1 interview and i was asked if i could start the next day. we had a huge ice storm so i was not able to start for about a total of a week

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Oskaloosa, IA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kum & Go in October 2009.

Interview Details – The application is quite long, with a test at the end. The test is just a competence test, and asks a lot of math questions. However just answer the ones you know because its an endless about of questions, so if you skip some you won't run out.
Its usually a two interview process, the first interview is usually the basics -- Background info, experiences, previous job... etc. The first interview decides the second. Answer the questions as the company would want you to (VERY IMPORTANT).

Interview Question – What do you feel you will excel at, in this position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They pretty much laid it out black and white... This is what you'll make. Done.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Sioux Falls, SD

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kum & Go in August 2012.

Interview Details – Application process completely online however it is very long, It took over 30 minutes of fast typing to complete. It included a standard resume template to fill in and generic service industry questions but then also included a 10-15 page section of multiple choice personality questions. Interview is a two step process, 1st interview with store General Manager, 2nd interview with regional manager / or another store's General Manager if regional manager is unavailable.

Interview Question – Straight forward questions as to be expected in a customer service driven industry.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Multi state corporation where salary and benefits are decided by the corporate powers and not at the local or even regional levels. Only possible negotiations would be for hours if the store is hiring multiple positions.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kum & Go in July 2012.

Interview Details – They held a job fair at a local hotel. I actually got 2 interviews on the same day and got the job a few days later

Interview Question – worst experience with dealing with public????   View Answer

Negotiation Details – amount of pay when i was hired. I asked for at least $8 an hour and that is what i got

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Kum & Go in May 2011.

Interview Details – What an odd company. There are no clocks in the building and people are required to really dress up and be at their desks from 7:30 to 5:30 each day. Upon arriving no one seemed to recognize that I was there. No one at the front desk to greet me. Finally a person arrived and coldly told me they would contact the hiring manager. The interview went very well and I was expecting a call back. The days turned into weeks, and I figured they must have passed. I received a voice mail message saying they had selected another candidate. A friend on the inside later told me, that I had just dodged a bullet and it was a blessing in disguise. Very strange. I noticed the position is open again months later. They must have filled it and the person then left.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Kum & Go? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kum & Go interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kum & Go employees and interview candidates.