Kumon North America

2.3

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kumon North America.

Brought in my resume, was told to come back the next day at 7:30 for an interview. As I was young at the time, I dressed casually, but presentable. I was asked simple questions about myself and my experience with children. The interview was basically to grasp an idea of who you are as person, if you would work well with children, and if you are apt to learning to become a productive member of the Kumon team. We spoke of expected pay. I was a high school student. Started below minimum wage and was told if I worked well my pay would reflect it. I received many pay raises which soon was capped. No room for growth after that, but more and more responsibilities were expected and asked of me.

Other Interview Reviews for Kumon North America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kumon North America.

I walked into their center and told the employee at the front desk that I was interested in a job. She spoke to the manager-who was busy at the time-and had me leave my name and number. One week later the manager called me and asked me what kind of classes I was taking, and we set up an interview for a few days later. When I went in I had to fill out an application, a math test, and a reading test (they were simple for the most part). She had me go to the little kids area and one of the employees taught me how to grade papers and stuff like that. The manager said she would call me the following week, and she did, I work my first shift tonight :)

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions besides "is this something you're interested in doing"   Answer Question
    Minimum wage, no negotiation

Tutor Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Kumon North America.

My friend who worked there actually referred me to the boss at the Kumon that I applied to, and so she already knew who I was before I came in. When I got there, I was given a simple application which I filled in on the spot and then I took a reading and math test. After the test, the manager asked me a few simple questions and then told me she would look over the test and call me back. A few days later she called me to come in and I started that day.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Minimum wage. Every 6 months you get a raise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kumon North America in August 2012.

I was asked a few basic questions about my knowledge of their program and had to take an on the spot without preparation high school math test in algebra. Needless to say, they didn't even call me back one way or the other. Got to love that.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know what your future with us (Kumon) will be?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mays Landing, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mays Landing, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kumon North America in May 2011.

I applied online for the position, having found the job on Craigslist. I sent them my Resume, and within a few days they called me and asked me to come in for an interview. I came in, and after filling out a basic application, was led to the manager's office. She basically went over my Resume, confirming everything I had written. She has asked for my GPA as well, which I had given her. Finally, she had asked me that, if I were offered the position, would I be willing to undergo training as a a shadow (meaning it would be unpaid and I'd observe how the work was done) I had said yes, and the interview ended.

Tutor Interview

I came in, spoke with the manager and handed in my resume. Relatively informal - I sat down for a trial run on the same day and was hired 2 hours later.

Tutor Interview

The hiring process was a bit unprofessional at the location where I was applying for. The supervisor had me come in, take a few tests and then interview from there but I never got my interview. The person in charge forgot that she told me to come in and kept rescheduling.

Tutor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kumon North America in July 2010.

After asked about the contents of my resume, I wrote a Reading Proficiency Test and a Math Proficiency Test.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell my about your experiences with working with children.   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kumon North America in November 2009.

The interview was very informal; I was introduced to the manager by a friend who worked there and I came in for an on-spot interview. She asked me about my classes and depth of knowledge in regards to math and reading, as well as about my experience working with children. The interview is very laid back.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Surrey, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Surrey, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kumon North America in June 2009.

After applying in-person, I was asked to come back for a math/reading test. After few days, I had interview with two managers for about 15 minutes. The questions involved around my education background, why I want to be working at Kumon, and whether or not I like teaching, and kids. They were quite happy that I decided to apply for this position as I am a math major and typically high school students apply for positions here.