Kumon North America Tutor Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

1.9

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kumon North America.

Interview

There wasn't much of an interview. I was asked a few questions about why I wanted to work there and how long I expected to work. Most of the time was spent filling out employment documents. Though I did have to submit an application along with my high school grades. They just want to make sure you are a nice person who will work well with kids.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kumon North America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kumon North America (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I was asked to come in for an interview a day after I applied for the job. My interview was basically my training day and not really an interview. I was not given any additional training beyond my "interview".

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kumon North America.

Interview

I was a former student for about 8 years (I know right?) The instructor at the center had already knew me pretty well by then, seen I was decent enough at math to teach. I didn't even really get an interview, she just gave me paperwork to fill out and let me start.

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kumon North America.

Interview

I called and asked if they were hiring, so I went the next day and she briefly interviewed me. After that I was given a math test and then she told me that she would call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kumon North America (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Brought in my resume, was told to come back the next day at 7:30 for an interview. As I was young at the time, I dressed casually, but presentable. I was asked simple questions about myself and my experience with children. The interview was basically to grasp an idea of who you are as person, if you would work well with children, and if you are apt to learning to become a productive member of the Kumon team. We spoke of expected pay. I was a high school student. Started below minimum wage and was told if I worked well my pay would reflect it. I received many pay raises which soon was capped. No room for growth after that, but more and more responsibilities were expected and asked of me.

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kumon North America in July 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a friend, so I sent an email to the manager saying that I was interested in the job and gave a little information about myself. I also sent her my resume. She replied and told me to come in (I thought for a job interview) but when I got there I realized she had already hired me and was preparing to train me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kumon North America (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I walked into their center and told the employee at the front desk that I was interested in a job. She spoke to the manager-who was busy at the time-and had me leave my name and number. One week later the manager called me and asked me what kind of classes I was taking, and we set up an interview for a few days later. When I went in I had to fill out an application, a math test, and a reading test (they were simple for the most part). She had me go to the little kids area and one of the employees taught me how to grade papers and stuff like that. The manager said she would call me the following week, and she did, I work my first shift tonight :)

Interview Questions

• There were no questions besides "is this something you're interested in doing"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimum wage, no negotiation

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Kumon North America.

Interview

My friend who worked there actually referred me to the boss at the Kumon that I applied to, and so she already knew who I was before I came in. When I got there, I was given a simple application which I filled in on the spot and then I took a reading and math test. After the test, the manager asked me a few simple questions and then told me she would look over the test and call me back. A few days later she called me to come in and I started that day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Minimum wage. Every 6 months you get a raise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kumon North America (Highlands Ranch, CO) in January 2013.

Interview

Asked a few questions and then hired me on the spot. I met with the head of the branch for about thirty minutes, where she asked me a couple of questions about my experience with kids and tutoring. She also asked me what my level of math and reading was. She hired me after our thirty minute conversation and wanted me to start working that day.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with kids? Any tutoring experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kumon North America (Bentonville, AR) in August 2012.

Interview

I was asked a few basic questions about my knowledge of their program and had to take an on the spot without preparation high school math test in algebra. Needless to say, they didn't even call me back one way or the other. Got to love that.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what your future with us (Kumon) will be?   1 Answer