Kuoni Group Interview Questions

Updated Dec 26, 2014
Updated Dec 26, 2014

2.3

Personal Travel Expert Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kuoni Group in June 2014.

Application online describing memorable travel experience and why you want to work for the organisation.

Interview with two managers comprising a role play and competency-based questions. Role play based on three clients all with a different theme of holiday in mind, you have to pick one, create an itinerary and once at the interview, sell it to them. Competency-based questions as expected, nothing too surprising, will likely be tailored to the qualities within job description.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if someone came in and wanted to book a holiday to somewhere you've never visited or know little about?   Answer Question
    There is (some) room for negotiation

Senior Executive Operations Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kuoni Group.

Smooth process..not much time took for all process getting on board.
    nothing to say much about all process..its took only few days to get on board to work
    Friendly colleagues for all support.

Personal Travel Expert Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kuoni Group.

Initially a 500 word application incorporating a memorable travel experience that also states why you want to work for Kuoni.

Followed by an online test which is just ticking one word answers that describe your character.

offer of group interview. Firstly introductions, tell something interesting about yourself and your perfect travel moment.

in a small group thinking of ways you can go the extra mile for a customer who is going to the maldives for 25th wedding anniversary, is a coeliac, afraid of flying and has had issues with seats in the past.

one to one interviews included questions such as;
    where have you travelled?
    what is the best customer service you have ever received?
    Has there been a time when you have had to deal with a really irate customer/how did you handle it?
    When have you demonstrated working as part of a team?
    What is the best customer service you have given?
    How will you cope in a target driven sales environment?
    Give examples of your sales background?

Interview Questions
    • It was a role play session where on the spot you had to pick one of your favourite destinations and sell it to difficult customers, convincing them to go there but they would throw problems like; wont it be cold? isn't it expensive? is there enough to do? I was wanting a beach holiday?   Answer Question

Reservation Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kuoni Group.

Phone call to set interview. 2 interviews. A competency based interview with the Reservation Manager and a supervisor. Followed by a written test (Maths + General geography knowledge). If successful few days after a 2nd competency based interview this time with the Manager for the LDC department.

Interview Questions
    • They insisted by mentioning more than twice that the role was stressful. How would you cope with the stress.   View Answers (4)
    They offered little I push for more and they so wanted me that they told me that after few months they would increase salary.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kuoni Group in September 2010.

Four weeks after sending my application to Kuoni, I decided to call them since I didn't hear anything from them. The woman on the phone told me she didn't see my application and that it was a bit normal for them not to contact someone before they called them first. They appreciate it if an applicant takes effort to contact them. During the phone call (which I made) the first appointment for an interview was made.

One week later, I was interviewed (1:1) by a woman from the HR department. She was very kind and didn't asked difficult questions. She explained all the different departments Kuoni Benelux has and after her explanation she asked in which department I was interested in doing the internship (5-6 months). She had a list with all the possible internships (per month) of all departments. I choose Incentives & Groups and she arranged the second interview with the specific department.

Two weeks later I had my second interview with the manager and someone else from the department (2;1).
    With their questions they examined my knowledge about incentives and grouptravel. Both of them were very kind and took their time for the interview. Right after the interview they asked me if I was still interested in the internship at their department, I said yes, and they told me they were also positive about hiring me.
    The next week my internship was confirmed.

No negotiation phase

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kuoni Group in February 2010.

I originally contacted the Head of HR for Kuoni via LinkedIn. From here I was able to find the email address and forward a copy of my CV and application letter in the hope that there was a position available. I heard nothing for a couple of weeks until I received a phone call on a Friday night asking if I could make it for a last minute interview on the Monday morning to which I accepted.
    I had a 1:1 discussion with a member of senior management which was along the lines of an informal chat about myself, and my experience. This lasted no longer than 20 minutes before I was shown to the main office to talk to the team again on what I had accomplished and what I was looking for.
    I was offered the job two days later.

Interview Questions
    The base salary and holidays were fixes

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kuoni Group in January 2010.

it was done in 3 steps - 1) Written test (objective) 2) Group discussion 3)Interview
     HRM of Mumbai came to Y.S.R.NITHM College to interview us.It was a Wonderful Experience.