Kurt Geiger Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kurt Geiger (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

It was brief and friendly. It was a one on one with the manager in which she asked me a few simple questions about myself and my past experience. She also inquired what I would bring to this position and what my preferred salary would be.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in sales before?
      Have you ever been paid commission?
      Are you aware of our product?
      Who told you about our job opening?
      Where did you first hear about us?

1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the start and end of my employment. I was also able to negotiate what my started wage would be and when my hours would be. They were very flexible.

Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

The hiring process has changed. I was invited to their head office to take part in a group interview. The interviewer divided us into groups and gave us one interview question to which we had to present our answers back to the group. Interview questions were not difficult just the usual. Just make sure you do your research above and beyond and you will be fine.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kurt Geiger.

Interview

Handed a CV into store, had no experience but the manager commented she liked the way I asked to speak to the manager and personally handed it to her.
    Had an hour long interview then received a call a couple of days later offering me a job, on 3 months trial. However I believe they have updated this now to include a phone interview (which often threw people off as they had handed in CVs months ago and were expected to go straight into interview mode when they answered the phone).
    Make sure you look nice, as they definitely judge you on your appearance.

Interview Questions

• Asked to describe features and benefits of a shoe I picked on the shop floor.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kurt Geiger (Nottingham, England (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

I handed a CV in my local store and received a a call for an over the phone interview a few days later. My interview was scheduled for 2 days later and was very relaxed. I waited a while which was nerve racking then sat with the manager. After the interview i was taken to do the styling activity where i had to pick out shoes for different celebrities. There is just the phone and face to face interview, if you're successful you'll then be called again to confirm you want the job.

Interview Questions

• Who are Kurt Geigers main competitors?   1 Answer
    • Sell this shoe to a customer.   1 Answer

Design Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Kurt Geiger (London, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online,sent off mini project, waited 6 weeks and got called for an interview. Interview was informal however the woman meant to be interviewing me was busy so was interviewed by someone else, they had lost my cv. It was a 400 mile round trip for me so I am disappointed in them not getting back to me.

Customer Relations Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farringdon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kurt Geiger (Farringdon, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

Quick phonecall with recruiter asking basic questions such: 'Why KG' 'Why Customer Relations' 'Explain your key skills' then an email to confirm an assessment center (group interview) with about 7 other people and you are asked to do a couple of ice breakers.

Interview Questions

• You were given a customer escalation scenario and expected to confirm how you would resolve this via email and phone   Answer Question

Negotiation

You cannot negotiate your pay

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kurt Geiger (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

I handed my CV in to the store manager. Received a phonecall the following night and had my interview two days later. The interview was infront of two local store managers, it was about 15 minutes long and they were very easy to talk to, a very stress free interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to sell the 'customer' three very different pairs of shoes   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kurt Geiger (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in June 2011.

Interview

New stores were opening in the area. Applied via website and got a call later that week being invited to a group interview. This lasted about 3 hours. Tasks included selling a shoe to the people in the room, team work creating a collage of the 'Kurt Geiger Customer' and talking a bit about ourselves. The managers and head office staff in the room eventually went outside and had a 10-15 minute discussion, came back in the room and read out the names of those they wanted to stay so they could get to know us better. The remaining people were asked to leave and told they would receive a call letting them know. After this we were interviewed individually. This was only about ten minutes. The girl who interviewed me was very nice and friendly. Questions were done via a script. Area manager went round the interviews being conducted and sat in on a few minutes of each. Received a call offering me a position roughly 5 days later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Kurt Geiger   1 Answer