Kutztown University Interview Questions in Kutztown, PA

Updated Jul 8, 2015

2.3

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kutztown, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kutztown University (Kutztown, PA) in December 2013.

Interview

Since the position was a type of promotion, I was informed about the position very early. I submitted my application along with my resume. The interview date was quickly scheduled. The Interview was pleasant. It took about an hour; however, I was interviewed by the director and two associate directors of the department. That was unexpected. It started off with the interviewers presenting themselves. The leader then proceeded to talk about the position and the more about the university. The first question was for me to introduce myself and provide a little info about my background. Some questions came up as they read through my resume. Most of the questions were what one would expect from an interview: -Are you open to diversity? -Can you multitask? -Give us an instance where you had to multitask. -Are you good with computer programs (excel, access,word, SAS, PeopleSoft, etc...) -etc...

Computer Generalist (ResNet) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kutztown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kutztown University (Kutztown, PA) in March 2012.

Interview

Met with the ResNet coordinator for about 10 minutes. Asked basic computer and networking questions. Checked familiarity with Windows and Mac platforms. Discussed the overall job, what would be involved at the help desk. Interview process was laid back and straight forward. Heard back within a month, to start at the beginning of the next school year.

Interview Questions

• How would you check an IP on windows.   1 Answer

Full Time Temporary Faculty, I Year Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kutztown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kutztown University (Kutztown, PA) in August 2011.

Interview

Sent a package of information (which took about 3 weeks to prepare - reference letters, transcripts, and work samples) from online job posting on KU employment site. Got a response via email to check availability for interview. Met with the Associate Dean for a trip to the Diversity Office and Human Resources. Then had a short interview with the Dean (15 minutes), then a longer interview (2 hours) with a panel of faculty members (the hiring committee). Presented my work and answered specific questions about instructional techniques, assessment, and classroom management. The interview was fun and interesting, as I was well prepared and felt confident about my experience and my presentation, and our personalities all seemed to "click."

Interview Questions

• How would you engage a student who is missing classes and seems unmotivated?   1 Answer
    • What three forms of emerging media do you feel are most important in advertising today?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salaries are set by the state and APSCUF, no real negotiation necessary.