Kwik Trip

Getting the Interview

16 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Eau Claire, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kwik Trip.

Interview Details – very relaxed interview typical questions like, how would you handle difficult customers, what would you do if you saw someone stealing, (co-worker) what hours are you available. any limitations or things you cant do. why do you want to work here?

Negotiation Details – I was just offered a set amount and was told that was the most I could get

Team Member Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kwik Trip.

Interview Details – Pretty straightforward. Waited a short time for the manager, then went to their office and had a basic back and forth. The store was very clean, and the manager seemed prepared and very friendly. Very crisp, professional interview.

Interview Question – Do you know which side of a knife is sharp?   Answer Question

La Crosse, WI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kwik Trip.

Interview Details – Ask run of the mill interview questions. Its a customer service position for a gas station, they won't grill you.

Interview Question – Be prepared to show your basic math skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Kasson, MN

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Kwik Trip in August 2013.

Interview Details – One interview scheduled. Total time taken was 1 hour and 45 minutes. Interviewer left room for a while during. Very long time taken to stand at the counter. They asked multiple times wondering if I was applying for jobs elsewhere.

Interview Question – Are you applying for jobs elsewhere?   Answer Question

New Holstein, WI

I applied online - interviewed at Kwik Trip in June 2013.

Interview Details – Was promised full time hours

Interview Question – Not one that I can think of, interview was pretty basic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation process, they made the offer, and i either accepted it or declined it. I accepted it.

Guest Service Coworker Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Kwik Trip in May 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online, got a call a few days later to schedule a one on one interview. A few months later I got a call saying that there was now a position open and they would like to hire me.

Interview Question – There were many questions asking about past experiences at a job and they wanted specific examples.   Answer Question

Part-time Customer Service Interview

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Kwik Trip in April 2013.

Interview Details – Very simple & straighforward, flexible in scheduling, open & honest about hours and expectations. Approx 2.5 weeks from initial interview to hiring.

Interview Question – Name a time you went around a rule or expectation. Explain the situation and why.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation neccessary, as offer was high.

Cashier/Cook Interview

La Crosse, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kwik Trip.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online. I found it to be a little bit of a difficult interview. He asked a lot of random questions that didn't really go with the job.

Interview Question – I think the most unexpected question that caught me off guard was "Tell me about a random act of kindness you've done."   Answer Question

La Crosse, WI

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Kwik Trip in May 2009.

Interview Details – Pretty Easy. Answer questions and complete a simple math exercise. Only one visit

Interview Question – Give me an example of a time you demonstrated leadership.   Answer Question

Shift Leader Interview

Shift Leader
Janesville, WI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kwik Trip in August 2010.

Interview Details – Tell me about yourself.
What are your strengths?
What are your weaknesses?
Why do you want this job?
Where would you like to be in your career five years from now?
What's your ideal company?
What attracted you to this company?
Why should we hire you?
What did you like least about your last job?
When were you most satisfied in your job?
What can you do for us that other candidates can't?
What were the responsibilities of your last position?
Why are you leaving your present job?
What do you know about this industry?
What do you know about our company?
Are you willing to relocate?
Do you have any questions for me?

Interview Question – What was the most difficult period in your life, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not Negotiable

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Kwik Trip? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kwik Trip interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kwik Trip employees and interview candidates.