Kyocera Technology Development

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

QA Engineer Interview

Concord, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kyocera Technology Development in December 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interviwe with a hiring manager , then on-side interview. It was not 1:1. I talked with 5 interviewers at same time.

Interview Question – No technical question   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Software Engineer Interview

Concord, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Kyocera Technology Development in June 2010.

Interview Details – Had an initial phone screening that lasted for about 45 minutes followed by a second call inviting me for an on-site interview.

The day of the interview I spoke with two groups of people. The first group consisted of a technical interview with five people. They grilled me on C, C++, computer architecture and general linux knowledge (they use something called Montevista). Three of their questions required me to use a whiteboard. The second group of interviewers was a behavioral type interview with a few general engineering questions about some personal projects. It was more laid back and only three of the four interviewers asked questions. After the two interviews they handed me a written exam that consisted of several C/C++ programing problems and about 20 other T/F and multiple choice programming questions. The time they allowed for this exam was one hour. In all, the interview lasted about five and a half hours.

I followed up with HR about two weeks later but received no response for about a month and a half later. At which point they invited me back for another interview. This time I interviewed with the top three people there. It was a very laid back interview and the people were very friendly. They interviewed me one at a time until the last guy basically told me I had the job if I accepted the offer. They sent me an offer via email about a week later. This interview lasted about two hours.

Interview Questions

• Nothing complicated, but the first thing I remember is: write a circular linked list, in C, with functions to add, delete and update nodes. Same thing again but in C++.   Answer Question
  • Again, nothing difficult: write a recursive function, in C, to reverse a floating-point value.
    Same thing again but in C++.
      Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The compensation was only slightly better than what I was already making (and working fewer hours).

Also, every time I went into the building the entire floor was deathly quiet. Every now and then you could see someone look over a cube and whisper something. Afterwards, I ran into another employee in the parking garage who confirmed my concerns about the environment. He seemed to be under the impression that you are there to work not form relationships. I feel that if you are going to spend that much time around other people it would be foolish not to form relationships.

Then again, this could have just been my misperception and I could have just caught that employee on a bad day.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Kyocera Technology Development? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kyocera Technology Development interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Kyocera Technology Development employees and interview candidates.