L-3 Communications Engineering Interview Questions & Reviews

10 interviews

3.1

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Employee requisitions do not always do a good job of defining what is being looked for in a candidate because most of the page is L3 "waving their flag" rather than describing the job requirements.
It can take weeks to review candidates, HR does not do a great job down selecting and aligning to the job need. Expect to have a phone interview with the hiring manager. If that goes well, an on site interview is likely with multiple mangers, and would be co-workers + a facility tour. Do some homework - know what they make, look up the person on LinkedIn, be sure you ask about expectations and the working environment.

Interview Questions
  • Most questions are generally easy to answer. Discuss your experiences or past work.   Answer Question
In order to know what to ask for you need to know what the job expectations are. If they ask you up front I recommend giving them a salary range rather than a specific number. Salaries are aligned with job grade - it is better to be in the lower part of a job grade salary range than near the top so you don't get maxed out.

Other Interview Reviews for L-3 Communications

Engineering Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications.

I believe they received my resume through a resume collection at school. I was asked to set up a phone interview, I accepted and it took approximately 1 hour. A few weeks later I received an email saying that I will be hearing from HR regarding an offer for a summer internship soon. I received a call with an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly technical questions and very few questions about past experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, offer was very good so I accepted it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Northampton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northampton, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at L-3 Communications in June 2012.

I met with HR staff members, hiring manager and several other Engineers.
    All interviewers went through my resume, asking for details, specifics and clarifications. They discussed technical aspects of the job and tested my knowledge on resume claims and job requirements. I was then given a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiating - more like take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications in May 2011.

I felt like L-3 Communications was a wonderful place to work at. I walked in and everyone I saw had a smile on their face while working hard. The interviewers were busy but made time and they did a great job. I feel like L-3 is a great company to work for.

Interview Questions
    • "If I were to ask your current employer what your two greatest weaknesses are, what would they say?" followed by " and what would they say your two greatest strengths are?"   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had to deal with someone on your team that was not being a team player?   Answer Question
    I accepted their offer because it was right where I needed it to be.

Anonymous Employee  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at L-3 Communications in February 2011.

Terrible work enviornment. Its like a warehouse! No receiptionist. You had to walk in to the office and yell. Hot and humid in the office. There's not even a table where the room where I had the interview. The people interviewed me were nice but unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Very dissapiont with the work evironment and the company in general.

Anonymous Employee  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at L-3 Communications in April 2010.

Although I did not receive an offer, the Engineering staff was very courteous and professional. The process consisted of a phone interview and a site visit. I talked to 6 Engineering Managers during the interview. The recruiter contacted me within 3 days with the interview results.

Anonymous Employee  in  Anaheim, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications in January 2010.

- They took their own sweet time to get back
    - interview scheduling was professional
    - HR came at the last minute, but was sweet and apologetic
    - all persons were professional but demanding on technical and other skills assessment
    - All of them spent 30 minutes and were courteous and professional
    - Manager was easy to talk to but tough as necessary
    - Problem is - they take at least 2-3 months to decide; they said I am still in running and I will be called for 2nd interview if selected
    - I have still not received any response

Engineering Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at L-3 Communications in September 2011.

Interviewed through a college career expo

Interview Questions
    • How did you face a negative situation in your previous work experience?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications in May 2010.

Found listing on available website, submitted resume. About 1 month later, received call that L3 was interested. Established time/date for phone screen, but logistics did not work out. Rescheduled 2 weeks later, short phone interview with hiring manager, position requires TS clearance. Received offer letter 3 weeks later. Adequate starting salary, no relocation or temp living.

Interview Questions
    • Explain Test background and automated test tools you have worked with.   View Answer
    • Tell me about your experience with TestComplete.   View Answer
    No negotiation, HR manager very hard line.

Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at L-3 Communications in April 2008.

it was ok

Interview Questions

Worked for L-3 Communications? Contribute to the Community!