L-3 Communications Field Service Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at L-3 Communications (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was more to see if I was a fit for the organization. It was are who you know hiring process. They are a great team to work with and a great company to work for. I would say the only downside is the stability. But that's getting better.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Verify average salary and rebut with a fair counter if they are below what you expected...they tend to be above average.

Other Interview Reviews for L-3 Communications

Field Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L-3 Communications.

Interview

Started with HR providing forms to be filled out. You are expected to be VERY detailed and specific with names and dates. HR will confirm everything on your resume and the forms before scheduling an interview with a hiring manager. The first interview is about an hour with the hiring manager and one or two other members on the team or group. Then you will be asked back for a second interview with the hiring manager and department manager. The interview is very thorough with technical details and job history. Be prepared to talk about your previous work experience down to day by day functions.

Interview Questions

• Wasn't anything difficult as long as you are 100% honest. L-3 is a government contractor and the government will do additional screening. Anything less than 100% honesty is grounds for termination.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Received an offer letter and called HR asking for an increase. Was denied because I had been offered their maximum budgeted salary. HR strongly hinted not to push and I didn't. I knew other people were interviewing for my position and the company could find an alternative.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Gordon, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at L-3 Communications (Fort Gordon, GA) in May 2010.

Interview

I believe they found my resume on clearancejobs.com. I was contacted by a recruiter and had a brief in person interview that I assume was only to ensure I wasn't completely socially inept.

There was no technical interview, but it was made clear that traveling would be necessary as required by the Army unit that our region supports.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions really asked that I can recall.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wrote down my desired salary. The hiring manager said he didn't control salaries, but that it was probably too high and I wouldn't get it. The next day I received an offer letter for the amount requested.