Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at L-3 Communications
- Software Engineer (12)
- Electrical Engineer (6)
- Engineering (6)
- Engineer (4)
- Intern (4)
- Aircraft Mechanic (3)
- Systems Engineer (3)
- Mechanical Engineer (3)
- Software Developer (3)
- Technical Program Manager (2)
- Defense Ready Specialist (2)
- Manager (2)
- Network Engineer (2)
- Quality Engineer (2)
- Manufacturing Engineer (2)
- Program Manager (2)
- Electrician First Class (2)
- Operations Project Manager (2)
- Field Service Engineer (2)
- Electrical Engineer I (2)
- Web Developer (2)
- Senior Engineer (2)
- Senior Systems Engineer (2)
- CAD Technician (1)
- Materials Program Manager (1)
- Trainer (1)
- A&P Mechanic (1)
- Industrial Engineer (1)
- Senior Intelligence Analyst (1)
- Senior Program Manager (1)
Field Service Engineer Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at L-3 Communications.
Started with HR providing forms to be filled out. You are expected to be VERY detailed and specific with names and dates. HR will confirm everything on your resume and the forms before scheduling an interview with a hiring manager. The first interview is about an hour with the hiring manager and one or two other members on the team or group. Then you will be asked back for a second interview with the hiring manager and department manager. The interview is very thorough with technical details and job history. Be prepared to talk about your previous work experience down to day by day functions.
- Wasn't anything difficult as long as you are 100% honest. L-3 is a government contractor and the government will do additional screening. Anything less than 100% honesty is grounds for termination. Answer Question
Received an offer letter and called HR asking for an increase. Was denied because I had been offered their maximum budgeted salary. HR strongly hinted not to push and I didn't. I knew other people were interviewing for my position and the company could find an alternative.
Other Interview Reviews for L-3 Communications
Field Service Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week – interviewed at L-3 Communications (Fort Gordon, GA) in May 2010.
I believe they found my resume on clearancejobs.com. I was contacted by a recruiter and had a brief in person interview that I assume was only to ensure I wasn't completely socially inept.
There was no technical interview, but it was made clear that traveling would be necessary as required by the Army unit that our region supports.
- There were no questions really asked that I can recall. Answer Question
I wrote down my desired salary. The hiring manager said he didn't control salaries, but that it was probably too high and I wouldn't get it. The next day I received an offer letter for the amount requested.