L-3 Communications Government Services

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Combat Systems Test Engineer Interview

Pascagoula, MS

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at L-3 Communications Government Services in May 2010.

Interview Details – I received a call from the Corporate office in response to my application. I had a phone interview the same day of the call. After the phone interview, there was an onsite interview setup with the onsite manager. I was already working for the shipyard so I was already onsite for the interview. The interview lasted for 1 1/2 hours. I interviewed with the Human resources and onsite manager first. Then I interviewed with the Government manager that I would be working for directly. The total interview time was 3 hours. After completing the interview, I received an decision and an offer with in 2 weeks. I proceeded to the hiring process afterward which consisted of the drug testing and new employee paperwork. We communicated by phone and email the entire process.The employees at the corporate office were very nice, considerate, and knowledgable. The onsite office enviorment is an industrial enviorment, but you do have your own desk, computer, and access to the internet.

Interview Question – What do you feel are your weaknesses and do you feel that will affect you at this company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because I was already out of work for a year. So it goes without saying. The advice I would give others considering an offer is seriously consider the expenses of travel and living before you accept an offer. Somtimes you can be underbid or low balled and not even know it until it's too late.

SME Interview

North Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at L-3 Communications Government Services in December 2010.

Interview Details – Met with the hiring manager after I completed online application. Had to complete several times.

Interview Question – What kind of training experience do you have?   Answer Question

Information Security Engineer III Interview

Information Security Engineer III
Reston, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at L-3 Communications Government Services in July 2008.

Interview Details – Excellent Interview! The recruiter was well versed in the field and explain everything that would occur during th interview process. The interviewers made contact with me on time. allowed me ample time for the negotiation phase and actually gave me a excellent package that I could not refuse! Extremely professional and responded quickly to any questions I had dur the entire process. A fabulous company - and of course, I did accept the position.

Interview Question – Finding the balance between family time and work time since L-3 is a very family-oreinted company. That really impressed me!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – All expenses being that I am working out of the country.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for L-3 Communications Government Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at L-3 Communications Government Services interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by L-3 Communications Government Services employees and interview candidates.