L-3 Communications

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Greenville, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at L-3 Communications in October 2012.

Interview Details – I met a recruiter at a college career fair and she told me to apply online. I listed her as a reference and then I was invited by phone to fly out to Greenville, TX (at no cost to me of course) for an interview. I left Thursday morning and came back Friday evening. The hotel was really nice. More representatives took us out to eat Thursday night at a nice steak restaurant. All day Friday was the interview. We watched two presentations and did two interviews before lunch. We sat at individual tables with our names marked so that the interviewers knew where to go. The interviews were managers who actually did this job or have done this job for a living. The questions were conversation style and quite thorough. They went over my resume word for word and really dug deep for my knowledge of each item listed.

After those two interviews we toured the facility and let me just say it is amazing. If I was on the fence about wanting to work there before, the tour solidified my desire to really want to be there and learn what they had to teach. Futuristic is not the word. It soon became apparent that these people can teach you everything you need to be successful in any part of IT. Even if you use this as a stepping stone, any company would be lucky to have you after L-3 is done with you. When we came back there was the third interview and we got back in the limo and headed for the airport to go home.

Interview Question – What is your experience with linux editors?   View Answer

Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at L-3 Communications in July 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online. Heard back within a week. Showed up for the interview. Interview process lasted almost 4 hours. I was interviewed by four different people, each separately. First was the recruiter, this person gave me the overall impression of the job function. This person lasted only 15-25 minutes. The next two people asked me technical questions (engineering word problems, dynamics) and asked me everything about my resume. The last person to interview me was the top manager.

Interview Question – Where do you see your self after graduation   Answer Question

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at L-3 Communications in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was first contacted 2 months after speaking with representatives at a Fall Career Fair. I had a phone interview with them in December, after which they said they had not decided on whether they would be conducting face to face interviews. They came back to my campus for the Winter Career Fair, and I interviewed with 2 engineers and an HR rep then. I was told I would hear back from them within 1-2 weeks, but did not recieve my offer until nearly 4 weeks. All in all, it was a positive experience, as communication back and forth was generally good, save for the delay in hearing back after the final interview.

Interview Question – Name a situation in which you have been a leader.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at L-3 Communications in June 2009.

Interview Details – Was offered the job due to connections to company personnel. No formal interview required, merely filling out an application. Received the news of my acceptance about two weeks after submitting the application. About 10 other college students also received acceptance out of an unknown number of applicants. Very simple process.

Worked for L-3 Communications? Contribute to the Community!