L-3 Communications

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at L-3 Communications in October 2012.

I met a recruiter at a college career fair and she told me to apply online. I listed her as a reference and then I was invited by phone to fly out to Greenville, TX (at no cost to me of course) for an interview. I left Thursday morning and came back Friday evening. The hotel was really nice. More representatives took us out to eat Thursday night at a nice steak restaurant. All day Friday was the interview. We watched two presentations and did two interviews before lunch. We sat at individual tables with our names marked so that the interviewers knew where to go. The interviews were managers who actually did this job or have done this job for a living. The questions were conversation style and quite thorough. They went over my resume word for word and really dug deep for my knowledge of each item listed.

After those two interviews we toured the facility and let me just say it is amazing. If I was on the fence about wanting to work there before, the tour solidified my desire to really want to be there and learn what they had to teach. Futuristic is not the word. It soon became apparent that these people can teach you everything you need to be successful in any part of IT. Even if you use this as a stepping stone, any company would be lucky to have you after L-3 is done with you. When we came back there was the third interview and we got back in the limo and headed for the airport to go home.

Interview Questions
  • What is your experience with linux editors?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for L-3 Communications

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at L-3 Communications in July 2011.

Applied online. Heard back within a week. Showed up for the interview. Interview process lasted almost 4 hours. I was interviewed by four different people, each separately. First was the recruiter, this person gave me the overall impression of the job function. This person lasted only 15-25 minutes. The next two people asked me technical questions (engineering word problems, dynamics) and asked me everything about my resume. The last person to interview me was the top manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at L-3 Communications in January 2010.

I was first contacted 2 months after speaking with representatives at a Fall Career Fair. I had a phone interview with them in December, after which they said they had not decided on whether they would be conducting face to face interviews. They came back to my campus for the Winter Career Fair, and I interviewed with 2 engineers and an HR rep then. I was told I would hear back from them within 1-2 weeks, but did not recieve my offer until nearly 4 weeks. All in all, it was a positive experience, as communication back and forth was generally good, save for the delay in hearing back after the final interview.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at L-3 Communications in June 2009.

Was offered the job due to connections to company personnel. No formal interview required, merely filling out an application. Received the news of my acceptance about two weeks after submitting the application. About 10 other college students also received acceptance out of an unknown number of applicants. Very simple process.