L-3 Communications

131 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Subcontract Interview

Melbourne, FL

I applied online - interviewed at L-3 Communications in November 2013.

Interview Details – very good interview process - got a real fell for the job

Interview Question – where do you want to be in 5 years   View Answer

Reason for Declining – not enough $

Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Interview Details – Was recommended by a recruiter, great people at L3 , very in depth and detailed oriented

Interview Question – Scrum and Agile implementation   Answer Question

Sales Support Representative Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications in January 2010.

Interview Details – Nothing especially noteworthy, wish they would have focused more on my military experience. Having a wealth of military experience t draw from, I felt that the interview could have been more focused on the best way to leverage that experience into the company's long view goals.

Interview Question – Nothing of note, I wish the questions had been a bit more robust. I tend to believe that the experience at the time was leaning more towards hiring from the civilian population versus a prior military candidate. The Ft Hood situation had occurred within the last 6-9 months and may have made them a bit wary of certain candidates, which is understandable, but at the same time disparaging.   Answer Question

Electrician First Class Interview

Norfolk, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications in April 2014.

Interview Details – The interviewer had me go over my military background and explain how I thought my experiences would help with the job I was applying for.

Interview Question – Wasn't asked any technical question.   Answer Question

Aircraft Mechanic I Electrical Interview

Corpus Christi, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at L-3 Communications in September 2013.

Interview Details – Had one phone interview that mostly consisted of technical questions. Received offer next day. Extensive background check was conducted even though I had an active security clearance still.

Interview Question – Really depends on your technical experience. The interview is mostly an assessment of skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay structure is inflexible. Everyone gets paid the same rate regardless of experience or seniority.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online and interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Interview Details – In person interview. Behavioral questions. Tell me about a time....

Negotiation Details – Try to negotiate salary a they will come in low. The worst thing that could happen is they say no.

Machine Operator Interview

Crestview, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Interview Details – ask about my experience and military background and my goals with the company

Engineering Technician I Interview

Middletown, RI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications in September 2013.

Interview Details – After submitting my resume, I was called the same week to schedule an interview. During the interview I was interviewed by 2 Lead techs. They read over my resume and asked me general questions about what I had learned in school. No theory questions, which was what I was anticipating. They were very upfront and honest about everything and answered all of my questions. No question was over the top. After the interview, I received a job offer call in about another week. I accepted and have been working ever since.

Interview Question – Have you ever worked with a connector with this many pins?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation.. Everyone is paid on the same scale.

Program Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was given some program overview and marketing materials and developed some ideas of my own. It was a 360 degree interview process. Very informal.

Interview Question – There wasn't a particularly hard question...rather, it was more of a problem solving session.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate to a degree; once I showed that I could bring in significant revenue, the compensation increased appropriately.

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Interview Details – The administrative staff was very kind and generous while maintaining professionalism.

Interview Question – Contract are always the most obscured due to renewing your contract. Budget affects everything.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was more than what I expected.

Interviews for Top Jobs at L-3 Communications

Worked for L-3 Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at L-3 Communications interview questions and advice. All 131 interview reviews posted anonymously by L-3 Communications employees and interview candidates.