L-3 Communications Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.7

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Interview

There were 2 interviews. The first was with 3 managers looking for an engineer and it felt kinda like the third degree. There were a lot of questions regarding my experience with different subjects, situations and computer programs and even questions about me personally. I didn't expect a second interview, but the second was a lot more relaxed. It was with the people I would be working with if offered the job. It was mainly to see if our personalities would clash.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Tampa, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Four 30 min sessions. Software lead, engineer director, H.R., general mgr. Asked technical questions mostly about new technologies. General Mgr mostly talked about the direction of the company. Where i would like to be in the future. My enthusiasm, willingness to work long hours, doing whatever it takes to develop our highly sophisticated products.

Interview Questions

• How committed am i to promote company growth. Am i in for the long haul.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

Relaxed and very friendly, didn't feel like getting third degree as in most companies. And apparently Glassdoor says that there should be more said or else the website won't allow me off this page

Interview Questions

• WHo remembers interview questions long after the interview?   Answer Question

Configuration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview then scheduled a face to face then who knows. They scheduled a time to call and called on the dot. Interview was about an hour and a phone screening interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about some specification given by the government.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Reston, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was brought in to see the program manager and him and the other software engineers asked me about my computer science background and if I was familiar with any of the software they used. They told me about the various projects they were doing. there werent many questions regarding my strengths and weaknesses and those such questions.

Interview Questions

• What kind of background do you have in computer science?   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Reston, VA).

Interview

The interview was one hour long...He asked the questions with in questions. It seemed like the interviewer was not satisfied with my responses which was making me nervous. There was also a case given that I had to sell to the interviewer and again when I was explaining it to him, he was adding his ideas to my ideas which made me confuse and had hard time explaining my point fully.

Interview Questions

• if you are hired, what will you do on your first day at work?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L-3 Communications in May 2015.

Interview

Process was very straight forward and well organized. Was provided an agenda for the day and directions to the facility. HR personal were very friendly and helpful. Question session was broken in to three parts with each focused on different aspects

Interview Questions

• What is your motivation for entering the defense industry?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at L-3 Communications in May 2015.

Interview

Met with 5 managers individually who took me through the different offices/roles. They gave me a pretty good idea of what to expect in the role, highlighting some of the negative aspects so I had a good enough idea of what I was getting myself into. And that's about it. Took about 5 hours.

All Source Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Tampa, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very simple but I feel like the interview was solely for appearances. I attended a job fair in downtown Tampa and was interviewed on the spot. The questions were more based towards my thoughts on work conditions and not towards my ability to perform all-source analysis. The only idea L-3 could have made towards my ability to do my job was through my resume.

Interview Questions

• Am I willing to deploy to combat situations? Am I able to work on the weekend, early in the morning or at night? Would I be willing to be on call? Do I have experience in any branch of service? What foreign languages do I speak?   Answer Question

AP2 Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L-3 Communications in April 2015.

Interview

IT wasn't really an interview. No technical questions were asked. THe gentleman "interviewing" me was super busy and told me that multiple times and stated that he had already done several interviews that day.