L-3 Communications Interview Questions

2.7

IT Help Desk Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Detrick, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Detrick, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications in August 2014.

Applied for on-line job posting, was contacted by L-3 HR rep, next contact was by phone with an IT screener, then a week or so later an interview was arranged at the job site. A panel interview about 1.5 hours, was a neutral to positive experience, very good conversation occurred.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you used information only you had access to, to form a consensus and lead an effort for change using that information. (Or something like that)   Answer Question
    No, though a negotiation was attempted, L-3 would not compromise.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at L-3 Communications in June 2010.

the process was quite straight forward. A phone call from company's personnel and set up an interview date. my interview was very easy and amicable. no hard question exception work related. no Google type interview questions.

Procurement Analyst for A Division of L-3 Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at L-3 Communications.

My resume had been passed along by a colleague. The next day, a key staffer resigned. I got a call and met with immediate supervisor and his supervisor for about 2 hours. Need was urgent, I was qualified, process moved along quickly.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall specific questions. It was a comfortable discussion about their needs and my skill sets.   Answer Question
    My requirements were in line with their budgets, etc. It went quickly (2 phone calls I think)

Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Employee requisitions do not always do a good job of defining what is being looked for in a candidate because most of the page is L3 "waving their flag" rather than describing the job requirements.
    It can take weeks to review candidates, HR does not do a great job down selecting and aligning to the job need. Expect to have a phone interview with the hiring manager. If that goes well, an on site interview is likely with multiple mangers, and would be co-workers + a facility tour. Do some homework - know what they make, look up the person on LinkedIn, be sure you ask about expectations and the working environment.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are generally easy to answer. Discuss your experiences or past work.   Answer Question
    In order to know what to ask for you need to know what the job expectations are. If they ask you up front I recommend giving them a salary range rather than a specific number. Salaries are aligned with job grade - it is better to be in the lower part of a job grade salary range than near the top so you don't get maxed out.

Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications in July 2014.

Applied online and the process took about a month. The interview consisted of several one on one and a panel with two interviewers. With all interviews they went over my resume and asked a few personality questions. I was told what they were expecting with this position. A few weeks later, I was given a phone call letting me know that they were not interested.

Talented Employee Interview

Upper management was more concerned about their bonuses then their employees. Employees were laid-off if you had more than 10 years of seniority and based on their race and sex. Some employees with over 25 years of service were laid-off prior to the age of 55 so the company would pay little or no retirement including health benefits. Upper management was more concerned with hopping in the sack to climb the corporate ladder then evaluating their employees. You would have a better chance working for Donald Trump.

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications.

I believe they received my resume through a resume collection at school. I was asked to set up a phone interview, I accepted and it took approximately 1 hour. A few weeks later I received an email saying that I will be hearing from HR regarding an offer for a summer internship soon. I received a call with an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly technical questions and very few questions about past experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, offer was very good so I accepted it.

QA Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Williamsport, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsport, PA

I applied through other source - interviewed at L-3 Communications in August 2012.

Originally hired by a small company in California which L-3 shutdown because the other two larger companies in the division were not profitable, but I was offered a position in Pennsylvania.

Salary and job description which was easy.

A&P Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Killeen, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications in January 2012.

mostly a phone interview, no big deal. Easy and straight forward and very informal. No tricks or trick questions, just a regular interview and nothing more. Just be sure to be honest and know what you are talking about

easy

SAP Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rockwall, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockwall, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at L-3 Communications in May 2014.

the hiring manager and HR recruiter came to our university ( the university of texas at dallas) to present their company in one of the informational session that SAP GUI Group arranges. i met with them and handed them my resume. a few weeks later i received a call from the recruiter for an interview. the first interview was 4-5 hours where i was interviewed by 8 individuals. 2 weeks later they asked to come again for second interview and was for 2 hours and met 3 individuals. by the end of the week, i got a call from the recruiter and was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • they go over your resume and they ask question about your skills, what was your role in previous job, challenging situations you faced and how you handled them, your weaknesses, why L3 communication, questions related to the position applied for.   Answer Question

before having the interview, the recruiter asked me if 50k-60k annually is fine. and at the time i haven't done my research for the salary range so i said its fine. after the interview process i got a called on friday 6/6/2014 informing me that they offer me the job for 50k. i told the recruiter that based on my research the average pay for such position in my city is 67K and i would like to know that reasons why your paying less than the average. she said she need to discuses that with the hiring manager. i told her ok. on Monday she called again to inform me that they cannot offer more than 50K because i didn't much experience in such field. i told her ok when do you need an answer by? she said in 24 hours and then she said she will send a formal written offer via email. she hanged up the phone. mot even more than 5 min later, she called again to tell me that she is not going to send the formal offer because the hiring manager decided to withdraw the offer before he thinks if the salary is going to be an issue , he doesn't wanna deal with it later on. i was in shock for such aggressive behavior from big "manager". this indicates to me how short-tempered and impatient he is with no leadership skills and no professionalism.

Worked for L-3 Communications? Contribute to the Community!