L-3 Communications Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at L-3 Communications (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

Relaxed and very friendly, didn't feel like getting third degree as in most companies. And apparently Glassdoor says that there should be more said or else the website won't allow me off this page

Interview Questions

• WHo remembers interview questions long after the interview?   Answer Question

Configuration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at L-3 Communications (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview then scheduled a face to face then who knows. They scheduled a time to call and called on the dot. Interview was about an hour and a phone screening interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about some specification given by the government.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at L-3 Communications (Reston, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was brought in to see the program manager and him and the other software engineers asked me about my computer science background and if I was familiar with any of the software they used. They told me about the various projects they were doing. there werent many questions regarding my strengths and weaknesses and those such questions.

Interview Questions

• What kind of background do you have in computer science?   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at L-3 Communications (Reston, VA).

Interview

The interview was one hour long...He asked the questions with in questions. It seemed like the interviewer was not satisfied with my responses which was making me nervous. There was also a case given that I had to sell to the interviewer and again when I was explaining it to him, he was adding his ideas to my ideas which made me confuse and had hard time explaining my point fully.

Interview Questions

• if you are hired, what will you do on your first day at work?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at L-3 Communications in May 2015.

Interview

Process was very straight forward and well organized. Was provided an agenda for the day and directions to the facility. HR personal were very friendly and helpful. Question session was broken in to three parts with each focused on different aspects

Interview Questions

• What is your motivation for entering the defense industry?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at L-3 Communications in May 2015.

Interview

Met with 5 managers individually who took me through the different offices/roles. They gave me a pretty good idea of what to expect in the role, highlighting some of the negative aspects so I had a good enough idea of what I was getting myself into. And that's about it. Took about 5 hours.

All Source Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at L-3 Communications (Tampa, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very simple but I feel like the interview was solely for appearances. I attended a job fair in downtown Tampa and was interviewed on the spot. The questions were more based towards my thoughts on work conditions and not towards my ability to perform all-source analysis. The only idea L-3 could have made towards my ability to do my job was through my resume.

Interview Questions

• Am I willing to deploy to combat situations? Am I able to work on the weekend, early in the morning or at night? Would I be willing to be on call? Do I have experience in any branch of service? What foreign languages do I speak?   Answer Question

AP2 Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at L-3 Communications in April 2015.

Interview

IT wasn't really an interview. No technical questions were asked. THe gentleman "interviewing" me was super busy and told me that multiple times and stated that he had already done several interviews that day.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at L-3 Communications (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

First interview was on campus and very relaxed. After that they called for a second interview at their campus. It was nearly an all day thing, they interview me three times throughout the day. Some were more intense than others.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at L-3 Communications in March 2015.

Interview

Phone screen. L3 employee who would only give her first name asked non-technical questions. I am semi-retired but determined recently I should go back to work because I don't have quite enough in savings to ensure secure retirement. The work involves programming with C# which I have done since 2002. I live less than 2 miles from work site.

Interview Questions

• 1. Would you feel comfortable working on a project by yourself or would you feel comfortable working with others? 2. Give an example of a time when you had difficulties and how you resolved them.   1 Answer