L-3 Communications Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at L-3 Communications (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

Relaxed and very friendly, didn't feel like getting third degree as in most companies. And apparently Glassdoor says that there should be more said or else the website won't allow me off this page

Interview Questions

• WHo remembers interview questions long after the interview?   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at L-3 Communications (Reston, VA).

Interview

The interview was one hour long...He asked the questions with in questions. It seemed like the interviewer was not satisfied with my responses which was making me nervous. There was also a case given that I had to sell to the interviewer and again when I was explaining it to him, he was adding his ideas to my ideas which made me confuse and had hard time explaining my point fully.

Interview Questions

• if you are hired, what will you do on your first day at work?   1 Answer

All Source Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at L-3 Communications (Tampa, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very simple but I feel like the interview was solely for appearances. I attended a job fair in downtown Tampa and was interviewed on the spot. The questions were more based towards my thoughts on work conditions and not towards my ability to perform all-source analysis. The only idea L-3 could have made towards my ability to do my job was through my resume.

Interview Questions

• Am I willing to deploy to combat situations? Am I able to work on the weekend, early in the morning or at night? Would I be willing to be on call? Do I have experience in any branch of service? What foreign languages do I speak?   Answer Question

AP2 Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at L-3 Communications in April 2015.

Interview

IT wasn't really an interview. No technical questions were asked. THe gentleman "interviewing" me was super busy and told me that multiple times and stated that he had already done several interviews that day.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at L-3 Communications (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

First interview was on campus and very relaxed. After that they called for a second interview at their campus. It was nearly an all day thing, they interview me three times throughout the day. Some were more intense than others.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at L-3 Communications in March 2015.

Interview

Phone screen. L3 employee who would only give her first name asked non-technical questions. I am semi-retired but determined recently I should go back to work because I don't have quite enough in savings to ensure secure retirement. The work involves programming with C# which I have done since 2002. I live less than 2 miles from work site.

Interview Questions

• 1. Would you feel comfortable working on a project by yourself or would you feel comfortable working with others?
      2. Give an example of a time when you had difficulties and how you resolved them.

1 Answer

CNC Machinist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Speegleville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at L-3 Communications (Speegleville, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I replied to an online ad for this position. I was interviewed almost immediately by phone. Then visited the sight and interviewed with the owner. It was a personal and friendly one on one chat.

Interview Questions

• He wanted to know my experience level and to see if I knew what I was talking about. He was satisfied that I did not misrepresent myself in my resume. That was the main point of our conversation.   Answer Question

Quality Assuruanc Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at L-3 Communications (Reston, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview. The hiring manager didn't what type of person looking for the job. He had no idea the different between Quality Control/Quality Assurance/Quality Management. The person thought, i was rocket scientist. I have never see someone with very low competence during interview.

Interview Questions

• If you were a color what color you would be. Never had a question like this in my life during interview process.   1 Answer

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at L-3 Communications (Greenville, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Telephone with HR after completing on-line application, then a 1 to 1 interview with Program Director, as well as Director Engineering and second round with HR. Got a nice tour of facility as well as lunch and opportunity to look at area.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness   1 Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at L-3 Communications (Greenville, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I met a representative at a college career fair. About two weeks later, I was contacted by HR asking for a transcript. Then I received an invitation for a day-long visit. That got delayed due to weather so the visit was about a month later.

The visit itself was great. Started at 7:30am and was done at 3:00pm. There were 11 applicants (mostly there for internships). We were given breakfast and a few presentations, then our first interview. Then we had a tour for over an hour, had lunch, then our last 2 interviews.

HR told me that the interviews were like "speed-dating" and I had no idea what that meant. All it means is that each applicant sits at their own table, a manager takes a seat on the other side, and you have exactly 40 minutes with them. All of my interviews that day (3 in all) were not technical - just a few questions about my resume and experience and then mostly about what they did.

I ended up receiving an offer for Greenville, TX. The offer was nice, but I had received a better offer elsewhere.