L-3 Communications

Updated Jan 29, 2015
Updated Jan 29, 2015

2.7

Principal Engineer Interview

I was contacted by HR. After the initial phone screen process, I was brought in twice for on-site interviews. The interviews were mix of technical and non-technical nature. The technical interviews had me answer questions about object oriented design and development in C++ and about conditional probability and Bayesian inference. During non-technical interviews, most questions were about my previous experience and how I would fit in their team.

Technical Program Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at L-3 Communications.

Was referred by another employee who is an acquaintance. Within two days of filling out the online resume at their website was in front of a board. Each had a series of questions regarding my experience and how they relate to the position. About 90 minutes all said and done.

Software Engineer Interview

The whole process took about two weeks. HR called me to get my info for a quick background check. they called me back within two days to set up face-to-face interview. I met with a manager and a team lead. some questions about my social background and not much technical ones. the whole process was focus on my background rather than technical questions as they trusted everything on my resume.

Property Control Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at L-3 Communications.

The interview was very relax and I was sure I nailed the job. 2 weeks passed with any communication, so I gave a call back to check the status to find out the position was actually canceled.

Interview Questions
    • What qualifications do you have to be eligible for this job?   Answer Question

Vice President, BD Interview

Long and drawn out with little interaction with senior management unable to make decision to approve in timely manner. This is a common problem at this company on many positions

N/A

Proposal Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at L-3 Communications in December 2014.

I applied for the job at the beginning of December and received a call roughly 2 weeks later for an interview. They set up the interview for the following week. The email I received indicated I would be interviewing first and then going to HR for "a quick follow-up to the interview." When the recruiter called me to confirm, he stated the interview would be approximately 30 minutes.

When I arrived for the interview, which was scheduled for 9am, I ended up waiting for a bit before the person came down to get me (at about 915am). However, while I waited, many people from the company spoke with me, which made me feel very welcomed at the company. When we entered the office for the interview, I found out I would be interviewing with two people-- the Director of Finance as well as the Proposal Pricing Manager. I tried to set the tone of the interview right away, which worked. I am a very laid back and enjoy making people laugh-- I worked my magic on the two interviewers and that helped break the ice. They were very receptive to my answers and asked a lot of good, atypical interview questions.

At the hour mark of the interview, the Director stated they had already taken an hour of my time and began to wrap up the interview. I quickly responded that I had all the time in the world and if they had more questions, I'd be more than happy to stay and answer them. With that, they continued to ask questions and the interview ended up lasting just over two hours. They asked if I had any questions for them and were very open and honest in their answers. Afterwards, I headed over the HR department and spoke with one of their reps regarding L-3 benefits, leave (vacation, sick time, etc.) and pay. When I walked into her office at 1130am, she confirmed I was the 9am interview and when I told her I was, she indicated a two hour interview was a very good sign. I left feeling very confident that not only had I nailed the interview but that I would get an offer.

Because I interviewed right before the Christmas break, it took a little longer to get a response regarding the job. When I did receive correspondence via email, to my surprise, they did not extend an offer and went with another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Let's say you are in charge of stocking a grocery store candy aisle, to include the layout of where the candy will go. You have cinnamon bears and gummy bears. Would you display these two candies in the same section? Why or why not?   View Answer
    • This position requires a lot of interaction with other departments. In a sense, you are managing a bid proposal without managing the other people from other departments who are working on the bid with you. How do you go about leading the bid proposal process without actually managing the people?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warner Robins, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warner Robins, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at L-3 Communications.

Interviewed in a group setting with ten other applicants in front of the director of engineering. Afterwards, individually rotated around different departments heads. Then met back up in the conference room for additional questions. One week later received job offer via phone call.

Sams E Clerk Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at L-3 Communications.

I was leaving the army, and went to talk to the hiring official about a position, I showed my resume, and answer a couple of Sams e questions, I was hired on the spot

Interview Questions
    • How do you open and close faults in the Sams E system.can you modify the document control register.   Answer Question
    I had to negotiate the distance to work and got a shuttle everyday to work.

Defense Ready Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at L-3 Communications in November 2014.

Was a contract through Fulcrum, which is headquartered in VA,...two phone interviews with HR at Fulcrum, then Manager, which was in FL with Fulcrum, then a Face-to-Face with L3 Communications (actual contractor) for DOD. The main interviewer was very helpful since this was my first interview since I got out the Army. Seems like it went well but didn't get an offer felt discouraged because I had 10 years HR experience and had just finished my Bachelor Degree in HRM but moving on to more opportunities in the area.

Sustainment Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at L-3 Communications.

Spoke with them at a Career Fair at my school. Applied for interview through school's job board website. Within 2 weeks of the application period being closed I received an e-mail saying I had been selected for an interview on campus. Went to interview and then 2 weeks later was called and e-mailed saying they wanted to bring me down to Gainesville for an on-site interview.

The company places you in a hotel nearby and requires that you be at the site around 8:00 in the morning. You first speak with someone from HR discussing all of the benefits the company would offer and then they take you to who would be your boss if you started working there. You speak with that person and several other positions throughout the day. Each person walks you through what they do for the company. They each have a copy of your resume and ask you questions about classes and experience that you may have. Interviews are relatively informal but still very professional and can take anywhere from 15 minutes to 45 minutes and you may be speaking with 1 or 2 people at a time.

You spend practically the entire work day there speaking with and walking around the hangars and offices and even eat lunch with a member of the team you would be working with. At the end of the day, you speak with HR again regarding how the day went and wanting to know if you have any other offers or competition. They take about 1-2 weeks after you interview to respond with an offer or rejection e-mail. The e-mail was sort of disappointing because the one I received was a template of a rejection letter and very impersonal.

Later, you receive a check in the mail as compensation for your travels.

Interview Questions
    • I received one technical question and it was only because of an experience the employee had had there when they started. Most of the questions were very open ended and mainly focused on asking about experience or previous projects you had worked on as well as a few behavioral questions.   Answer Question