L-3 Communications Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015
Updated Mar 22, 2015

2.7

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at L-3 Communications in March 2015.

Phone screen. L3 employee who would only give her first name asked non-technical questions. I am semi-retired but determined recently I should go back to work because I don't have quite enough in savings to ensure secure retirement. The work involves programming with C# which I have done since 2002. I live less than 2 miles from work site.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Would you feel comfortable working on a project by yourself or would you feel comfortable working with others?
      2. Give an example of a time when you had difficulties and how you resolved them.

View Answer

CNC Machinist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Speegleville, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Speegleville, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at L-3 Communications in March 2015.

I replied to an online ad for this position. I was interviewed almost immediately by phone. Then visited the sight and interviewed with the owner. It was a personal and friendly one on one chat.

Interview Questions
    • He wanted to know my experience level and to see if I knew what I was talking about. He was satisfied that I did not misrepresent myself in my resume. That was the main point of our conversation.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at L-3 Communications in March 2015.

First interview was on campus and very relaxed. After that they called for a second interview at their campus. It was nearly an all day thing, they interview me three times throughout the day. Some were more intense than others.

Aerospace Engineering Co Op Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at L-3 Communications.

We talked about several different positions in the plane design and analysis areas. Look up some of their planes like the MC-12W or the RC-135; it gives you a good talking point to start at. Talk with them like you are talking with a friend; it is very relaxed and causal.

Interview Questions
    • Do you see yourself working in plane design or structural analysis?   Answer Question

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at L-3 Communications in February 2015.

Very relaxed and informative. I came in and 3 men asked me questions and supplied me with extensive information on what the position entailed. I sat at a round table with 2 interviewers and a man behind a desk. I don't want to use names. I waited awhile and was eventually called back for a second interview. In this instance the lab manager was present. This was my first interview since serving 20 years in the Navy. It was nice that it was such a relaxed atmosphere. I do not know yet if I will be offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about my experience as a technician. I was asked why I was not applying for a supervisory position with al of my years of experience. For a large part of the interview the 3 gentlemen explained to me what their process was. It was explained to me that there would be three separate areas I would work in, depending on the priority of the job.   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

I was contacted by HR. After the initial phone screen process, I was brought in twice for on-site interviews. The interviews were mix of technical and non-technical nature. The technical interviews had me answer questions about object oriented design and development in C++ and about conditional probability and Bayesian inference. During non-technical interviews, most questions were about my previous experience and how I would fit in their team.

Technical Program Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at L-3 Communications.

Was referred by another employee who is an acquaintance. Within two days of filling out the online resume at their website was in front of a board. Each had a series of questions regarding my experience and how they relate to the position. About 90 minutes all said and done.

Software Engineer Interview

The whole process took about two weeks. HR called me to get my info for a quick background check. they called me back within two days to set up face-to-face interview. I met with a manager and a team lead. some questions about my social background and not much technical ones. the whole process was focus on my background rather than technical questions as they trusted everything on my resume.

Property Control Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at L-3 Communications.

The interview was very relax and I was sure I nailed the job. 2 weeks passed with any communication, so I gave a call back to check the status to find out the position was actually canceled.

Interview Questions
    • What qualifications do you have to be eligible for this job?   Answer Question

Vice President, BD Interview

Long and drawn out with little interaction with senior management unable to make decision to approve in timely manner. This is a common problem at this company on many positions

N/A