L-3 Communications

Getting the Interview

129 candidate interviews

Very Difficult Interview

Linguist Interview

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Interview Details – It was not easy to pass the professional interview and hiring process with the professional and well trained team.

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Torrance, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications in April 2009.

Interview Details – Interview by 6 persons. Took 6 hours.

Negotiation Details – Several conversations

Field Service Engineer Interview

Field Service Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Interview Details – Started with HR providing forms to be filled out. You are expected to be VERY detailed and specific with names and dates. HR will confirm everything on your resume and the forms before scheduling an interview with a hiring manager. The first interview is about an hour with the hiring manager and one or two other members on the team or group. Then you will be asked back for a second interview with the hiring manager and department manager. The interview is very thorough with technical details and job history. Be prepared to talk about your previous work experience down to day by day functions.

Interview Question – Wasn't anything difficult as long as you are 100% honest. L-3 is a government contractor and the government will do additional screening. Anything less than 100% honesty is grounds for termination.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Received an offer letter and called HR asking for an increase. Was denied because I had been offered their maximum budgeted salary. HR strongly hinted not to push and I didn't. I knew other people were interviewing for my position and the company could find an alternative.

Export Compliance Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Interview Details – I thought the Interview went well enough. There were certain shortcomings in the description that I was aware of. Back to back interviews for 4.5 hours. Each Interview was essentially a copy of the previous. Internal communication seemed lacking. Position was replacing a retiring position (one of the interviewers), and they seemed to be looking for the replacement to be a younger duplicate of the retiree for the position. Open communication with HR through most of process, worst part was the communication simply stopped from HR. No declination of position was given.

Interview Question – Standard questions including "Why do you want to work for us?" and "Why do you feel you would fit this position better than any other applicants?"   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Interview Details – The company is very picky in the engineers being hired. Being able to really technically describe your experience is good. My experience is that the HR representative will introduce you to the specific functional manager posting the position, where they will introduce you to their department and give an overview of the work. Afterwards, you are escorted around to various people in the department for individual interviews, usually lasting .5 to 1 hrs. Each individual will feed their assessment of you back to the hiring manager. Anyone that any negative comments from the individual interviewers usually do not get offers.

Interview Question – There was not really any trick or difficult questions. You really get asked about technical things that your resume talks about. Example: How does an IP packet obtain it's MAC address?   Answer Question

Machine Operator Interview

Crestview, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Interview Details – ask about my experience and military background and my goals with the company

Product Manager Interview

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at L-3 Communications in May 2008.

Interview Details – I e-mailed my resume to the hiring manager. We had a few minor telephone discussions and arranged for a one-to-one interview. At the interview, I presented several work samples and the hiring manager introduced me to two other cross-functional managers who asked me about 5 questions each. The process lasted approximately 90 minutes. Within a week, i received a written job offer.

Interview Question – If a top producer on your team became disenchanted with her career opportunities because you promoted another team member at the last minute, how would you turn the situation around?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Although, the annual compensation was about 3% more than I currently earn, they would not provide a relocation package. We did get to agree on a sign-on bonus, but it was only 25% of the relocation expenses. I declined after a consideration period of 3 days.

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Orlando, FL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at L-3 Communications in December 2009.

Interview Details – Pleasant experience, fair offer, fair negotiation, tough questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain why you are the right person for the job?   Answer Question
  • What are the top three things that seperate you from the rest of the applicants?   Answer Question

CAD Technician Interview

The process took 5 days - interviewed at L-3 Communications in June 2010.

Interview Details – I had a phone screen, then I was called in to do a CAD drawing (took 3 hours) then I had a panel interview with 4 managment staff (one was HR)

Interview Questions

• What has been your biggest challenge working as part of a CAD team? Explain   View Answer
  • Are you willing to travel to Equitorial Guinea (Africa)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was not really any negotiation the offer was extended and it was a take it or leave it

Accounting Manager Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at L-3 Communications in March 2009.

Interview Details – I submitted a resume on the advice of an associate. The resume got me an interview, the interview was detailed adn many questions were asked about my abilities and experiences. The interview left me flat without any idea of the results of the interview, about 2 weeks later I received an offer letter for a signifcantly higher salalry that we had discussed. The offer letter was wrong, that should have been a warning to me...

Interview Question – What do you expect to gain from employeement here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, it was take it or leave it, we can find someone else to do the job.

Interviews for Top Jobs at L-3 Communications

Worked for L-3 Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at L-3 Communications interview questions and advice. All 129 interview reviews posted anonymously by L-3 Communications employees and interview candidates.